Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard on the Herd

TKnight24

7 hours ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

I thought the most interesting remark he made was that current young players don't know how to deal with failure. As a personal note I would add that this extends beyond football.

Not to go off on a tangent or anything but I think that's part of the beauty of football. There are so many cross comparisons to life and what happens in it that it can give a whole list of lessons to follow and learn from.

He was asked whether he's better at evaluating offensive or defensive players, and he said he definitely identifies with the defensive side, since he was a defensive coach. He said that made him a good fit with Reid in KC, who has an offensive background. (Even Dorsey, while he played as a LB, he's worked closely with a lot of offensive minded coaches.)

8 minutes ago, Superman said:

He was asked whether he's better at evaluating offensive or defensive players, and he said he definitely identifies with the defensive side, since he was a defensive coach. He said that made him a good fit with Reid in KC, who has an offensive background. (Even Dorsey, while he played as a LB, he's worked closely with a lot of offensive minded coaches.)

That was my biggest nugget. It will be interested to see who he brings in to replace Raye because you have to assume he will be leaning on him for offensive players. I wonder how much input the offensive staff had/will have in decision making too. 

On 5/3/2017 at 3:51 PM, OffensivelyPC said:

Except this guy - 

Image result for animal house gifs

Lol,

Friend of mine tried that with a pint of JD way back when (1980's).... 15 mins later was sleeping (passed out) in the back seat of a car and didn't wake up until 4am .... pretty scary actually, but in a funny kind of way.

1 hour ago, BR-549 said:

Lol,

Friend of mine tried that with a pint of JD way back when (1980's).... 15 mins later was sleeping (passed out) in the back seat of a car and didn't wake up until 4am .... pretty scary actually, but in a funny kind of way.

Lol be glad it was a pint. Youd probably live if it was entire fifth, but would need a trip to the hospital...so keep that in mind if money is being gambled lol.

13 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Lol be glad it was a pint. Youd probably live if it was entire fifth, but would need a trip to the hospital...so keep that in mind if money is being gambled lol.

Thats funny... can you imagine chugging a fifth of that crap?  I like a good bourbon (for sipping of course) but wow... tomorrow would be worse I believe, ugh.  

On a more serious note:

Lucky for me those days are over... there might have been a pipe and a match involved in his demise that night too... ha ha.  Sadly he is no longer with us.  Some of us grow up and some of us keep making the same mistakes... bad liver from drinking finally caught up with him before 40... Me on the other hand, well, somehow I am still here and making bad comments on the forum nonetheless.  

4 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Thats funny... can you imagine chugging a fifth of that crap?  I like a good bourbon (for sipping of course) but wow... tomorrow would be worse I believe, ugh.  

On a more serious note:

Lucky for me those days are over... there might have been a pipe and a match involved in his demise that night too... ha ha.  Sadly he is no longer with us.  Some of us grow up and some of us keep making the same mistakes... bad liver from drinking finally caught up with him before 40... Me on the other hand, well, somehow I am still here and making bad comments on the forum nonetheless.  

Sorry to hear. Its crazy how peoples bodies take things differently. My great uncle and his buddy drank like that mist every night until their 50s at least, and they lived into their 80s. Not that its an endorsement, just crazy how that happens.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Sorry to hear. Its crazy how peoples bodies take things differently. My great uncle and his buddy drank like that mist every night until their 50s at least, and they lived into their 80s. Not that its an endorsement, just crazy how that happens.

It is baffling how that works out....