Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard on the Herd

TKnight24

Chris Ballard will be live on The Herd with Colin Cowherd at 2pm ET. Foxsports1 on TV 

Not really sure if the :colts: reporters will cover this, but I'll try my best to give you guys updates for those of you who will miss it

I've very interested to see what the team will look like once the season starts.   I'm sure he's got his eye on a couple more people he's going to scoop up if they get cut.  When it's all said and done I think he'll have this thing looking pretty respectable.

43 minutes ago, krunk said:

I've very interested to see what the team will look like once the season starts.   I'm sure he's got his eye on a couple more people he's going to scoop up if they get cut.  When it's all said and done I think he'll have this thing looking pretty respectable.

I definitely anticipate some more talent being brought in after teams make their June 1 cuts, there are usually a few surprising guys that get let go.

45 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Anything good come out of it?  Is he just recapping the trade and talking about not rushing Luck back I assume??

Cowherd just kind of picked his brain about his philosophy in general, it wasn't really all that Colts-centric to be honest.

13 minutes ago, Vinatieri4 said:

Imagine a conversation with Chuck & Chris. 

"Look - you've just got to do what you can" Chris Ballard.

"Exactly uhh, you just got to uhh keep chopping wood, he's a bowling ball of butcher knives."

Chris - "Look I will say this, he's a special player. He's got size and good ball skills"

Pagano abruptly interrupting - "AND HE CAN CHOP WOOD!"

Just now, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Cowherd just kind of picked his brain about his philosophy in general, it wasn't really all that Colts-centric to be honest.

Alright I had just missed it but appreciate that.  I have become a fan of hearing Ballard talk about things.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I loved the question about when does he know a player will be a bust - he said he's had 2 cases where he knew almost immediately (in OTAs?). He said the feeling is gut-churning. Also said most of the times it's because of the player's mental make up that they fail. They just don't have it in them to compete against the best.

11 minutes ago, TDewar1987 said:

Chris - "Look I will say this, he's a special player. He's got size and good ball skills"

Throw in Irsay!

CB - "He's UNIQUE...  He's got traits..."

JI - "He's a horseshoe guy..."

CP - "He's a game-wrecker..."

1 hour ago, Vinatieri4 said:

Imagine a conversation with Chuck & Chris. 

"Look - you've just got to do what you can" Chris Ballard.

"Exactly uhh, you know, you just got to uhh, you know keep chopping wood, you know he's a bowling ball of butcher knives."

ftfy

1 hour ago, TDewar1987 said:

hahahaha I laughed more than what I should at that. You can just visualize it so perfectly.

le that continually repeat words or phrases are typically not worth listening to  Know what I'm  sayin;? Know what I'm sayin'? Know what I'm sayin'? Who cares what he has to say, just produce a winner and shut up. Know what I'm sayin'? Huh? Know what I'm sayin'?

2 hours ago, stitches said:

I loved the question about when does he know a player will be a bust - he said he's had 2 cases where he knew almost immediately (in OTAs?). He said the feeling is gut-churning. Also said most of the times it's because of the player's mental make up that they fail. They just don't have it in them to compete against the best.

Totally, I couldn't help but wonder who the players were.

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

le that continually repeat words or phrases are typically not worth listening to  Know what I'm  sayin;? Know what I'm sayin'? Know what I'm sayin'? Who cares what he has to say, just produce a winner and shut up. Know what I'm sayin'? Huh? Know what I'm sayin'?

Image result for jroc gnomesayin

6 hours ago, stitches said:

Haven't heard the interview, but, this little quote is very interesting, gives some good insight to see how vastly different teams may actually value players they've interviewed and had significant interaction with, over the mock kings who base most of their rankings solely from film and the combine..,

4 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

there are different levels of bust in all likelihood, so probably had to be high draft picks and miserable failures.  low picks don't count.  I'm guessing 2nd to 3rd round busts.  if it's first rounds busts,  that would be easier to find but probably less likely.  if you find out, let us know.

6 hours ago, That Guy said:

Throw in Irsay!

CB - "He's UNIQUE...  He's got traits..."

JI - "He's a horseshoe guy..."

CP - "He's a game-wrecker..."

You forgot the "hmmm..." Irsay part. :) 

5 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

1 hour ago, chrisfarley said:

there are different levels of bust in all likelihood, so probably had to be high draft picks and miserable failures.  low picks don't count.  I'm guessing 2nd to 3rd round busts.  if it's first rounds busts,  that would be easier to find but probably less likely.  if you find out, let us know.

If I had to guess KeiVarae Russell was one of them. He was a third round pick and they cut before the season started.