Colts release 10 players including LS Matt Overton

MTC

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, BLUEx40 said:

really the only reason I can think of by letting overton go is maybe he wants guys to do more than one thing maybe thinks he could get a guy thats comparable but also contribute somewhere else that way

you dont have a guy taking up a roster spot by just playing LS for us

i concur

6 hours ago, Zalazar Elijahh said:

I want Adam as long as he's willing to play. I want us to milk the years out of that guy and give him the decency of retiring as a colt. He's the best kicker of all time I think. 

I hope for the same thing. 

I remember PFF slammed Overton as well, constantly listing him as "poor starter" year after year. I never knew there was such a thing as a bad long snapper, unless Jonotthan Harrison somehow made his way back on the team.

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

One Jets game?? Oh my god, he might have made a mistake. We all know any player that makes a mistake needs to be fired. :sarcasm:

I didn't cut him, nor am I upset that he was cut. You asked for an example and you got one.

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

One Jets game?? Oh my god, he might have made a mistake. We all know any player that makes a mistake needs to be fired. :sarcasm:

double post, mods could you please delete? 

1 minute ago, corgi said:

I didn't cut him, nor am I upset that he was cut. You asked for an example and you got one.

You must be serious

2 hours ago, rock8591 said:

I remember PFF slammed Overton as well, constantly listing him as "poor starter" year after year. I never knew there was such a thing as a bad long snapper, unless Jonotthan Harrison somehow made his way back on the team.

^that's pretty funny^

6 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Especially the facebook comments on the Colts facebook page...my heavens.

Thankfully, I don't "do" Facebook. Well, I have a FB profile, which is apparently a requirement in today's society, but at least people need to keep things short and to the point on Twitter. haha 

3 hours ago, Buddy Lee said:

Indiana governor $111k/yr

Indiana US Senator $193k/yr

Indiana long snapper $900k/yr

Hardly seems fair

The first two are Public Servants, paid by the Taxpayers. The third is Privately hired, where the Market decides.  Can't be compared.

On 5/1/2017 at 5:41 PM, Myles said:

It sure would be nice to go far in the playoffs and maybe a Superbowl win to make him an all time Colt.    Although he has been a Colt longer, I think most recognize him as a Patriot first because of his timely kicks with them.  

Yeah it kind of sucks and most people I've noticed obviously give brady all the credit in the world for all his success but nobody seems to remember Adam was the one who had to hit those field goals from a pretty decent distance. Super clutch. 

On 5/2/2017 at 3:18 AM, Buddy Lee said:

Indiana governor $111k/yr

Indiana US Senator $193k/yr

Indiana long snapper $900k/yr

Hardly seems fair

Oh god... You're not one of those people who have zero understanding of basic economics and don't see why professional athletes make more money than doctors/lawyers/military etc are you?? :facepalm::facepalm: