Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which draft pick are you most excited about?

RockThatBlue

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Shepman said:

Mack seems awefully small to me to be an NFL back.  One hit might break him in half.

Mack is 214 lbs, Gore is 216. Mack is also a tad taller than Gore. 

Then again, Gore is cut from a different cloth but it's not like Mack is at a heavy disadvantage with his size.

The thing that excites me the most about Hooker is his overall impact on the defense as a whole.

The Colts have never had that ball hawker roaming center field. Now they do. Having a guy like that back there will allow our corners to play more aggressive and jump routes, causing more turnovers as a whole.

At the same time, Geathers can now play in the box more, which as a whole, should improve our run defense. Just got to hope he stays healthy.

There will be growing pains, but I'm starting to like the makeup of the secondary, with Wilson Geathers and Hooker, the Colts got a solid core for the future. Vontae's getting there in age, but he's not old by any means yet. If he can find a bit of that 2014 form, Geathers stays healthy, and Hooker and Wilson pan out, we can have an above average secondary for next season. And when's the last time we said that about anything regarding the Indy defense? haha 

11 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Mike Adams? Kinda? But better....

Yeah, maybe like Adams in terms of his best season with INT's.  But certainly Adams did NOT have the range this guy has, and he will have the ability to do what Adams did every season.  They just haven't had a guy this dynamic for a LONG time.

13 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Wasn't everyone going crazy over Josh Ferguson last yr?

Im not saying Mack will be a bad pick.   I just don't see much difference 

I was thinking the same thing. Mack is a more complete runner than Ferguson.

Obviously I am most excited about Hooker. Back in January, he was the one guy I wanted above all else (never considered Garrett since he's always been the #1 overall pick). But then as the draft process unfolded, it seemed like there was no chance he would make it to the Colts (or even get past SD). But then the NFL gods decided to bless the Colts with a QB and WR run in the top 12...which ultimately pushed him down. 

So beyond Hooker, I am most excited about Mack. The Colts haven't had that type of player for what seems like a long time...a RB that can get around the edge. And I can see Mack having some huge plays this upcoming season.

A "BIG MACK ATTACK" would be an exciting thing to see, see or a long time......

I hope Hooker works out, not very experienced, 1 year college player, but looked very good in that year, except for his tackling.  He wiffed several times in the Michigan game....

So i vote Mack, then Basham and hope Hooker ends up being worth the 15th pick.  

Most excited to see is definitely Hooker.  I hope he becomes what I really think he can be and showed.

Most intriguing prospect is Walker.  He's everything you look for in an ILB but leaves a lot to be desired.  It'll be very interesting too see what kind of player the coaches can mold out of what he has.

Just now, Majin Vegeta said:

That is very impressive. But he's a total wild card for me. We'll see how he does!

Our defensive line could be VERY good this year, we have a nice mix of budding young talent and a couple of nice vets in Hankins and Langford. The depth and talent is far better than it's ever been, and it's going to help the LBs and the secondary so much. I'm pretty excited.

On 4/30/2017 at 11:03 PM, NorthernBlue said:

The thing that excites me the most about Hooker is his overall impact on the defense as a whole.

The Colts have never had that ball hawker roaming center field. Now they do. Having a guy like that back there will allow our corners to play more aggressive and jump routes, causing more turnovers as a whole.

At the same time, Geathers can now play in the box more, which as a whole, should improve our run defense. Just got to hope he stays healthy.

There will be growing pains, but I'm starting to like the makeup of the secondary, with Wilson Geathers and Hooker, the Colts got a solid core for the future. Vontae's getting there in age, but he's not old by any means yet. If he can find a bit of that 2014 form, Geathers stays healthy, and Hooker and Wilson pan out, we can have an above average secondary for next season. And when's the last time we said that about anything regarding the Indy defense? haha 

I think vontaes fine with the age part it's him tackling lol the guy can make that perfect tackle for loss  and then he gets hurt...I honestly would love it if he doesn't even attempt to hit rbs anymore cuz he gets those nagging injuries and then we all knows how he looks then (groin/ankle/concussion)

On 4/30/2017 at 10:02 AM, Everyone said:

1.Hooker

2.Mack

3.Basham

4.Wilson

5.Stewart

6.Walker.

7.Hairston

8.Banner

I am intrigued to see if the team can make anything out of Banner. You just can't teach that type of size. His wing span is enormous. If he can learn better techniques in pass protection as a RG, him and Clark could be quite a force on that right side for sometime. 

Basham would be next in line and then Stewart. 3 project guys with a whole lot of upside at spots we really need to hit on with someone. 

On 4/30/2017 at 7:23 PM, ColtsBlitz said:

Sheard and Simon are underrated. 

It could be argued that Sheard is overrated and Simon is the one who is underrated. I'm just a tad concerned with what we will get from Sheard. I hope they both hit well together and our defense is transformed. 

6 minutes ago, TonyBungee said:

For me, it's not really about any one pick.   I think I'm most excited about our new GM, and the process, preparation, and patience in his overall approach.

Agreed. I'm excited about every Ballard draft and FA now.