Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which draft pick are you most excited about?

RockThatBlue

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooker, no question about it. No. 3 on my board. He can be not only defensive playmaker, but he can probably return some of them for TDs, too...

Marlon Mack is exciting with ball in his hands too... :) Third one for me is probably Quincy Wilson... with Grover Stewart close 4th.

Quincy Wilson. The kid is only 20 years old. That's so young for a cut throat position like corner back. If he has a good first season, like he could be a very very special player, with a huge ceiling. Were only at the very start of his bell curve. Got great ball skills also.

11 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Quincy Wilson. The kid is only 20 years old. That's so young for a cut throat position like corner back. If he has a good first season, like he could be a very very special player, with a huge ceiling. Were only at the very start of his bell curve. Got great ball skills also.

I agree about Wilson. I think I'm most excited about Hooker, but Wilson is interesting. I love his physicality on the line and it will help if our pass rush can get something going, otherwise he may get burned a few times (I'm expecting it to happen anyway, he is only a rookie after all)

Quincy Wilson.  I know Hooker is going to be great...I can feel it in my spine.  I like Quincy because he's aggressive and isn't affraid to do some talking,  now that Hooker has his back I can't wait to see what he's going to do to receivers 

1 hour ago, bradgt04 said:

Quincy Wilson.  I know Hooker is going to be great...I can feel it in my spine.  I like Quincy because he's aggressive and isn't affraid to do some talking,  now that Hooker has his back I can't wait to see what he's going to do to receivers 

Could Indy potentially have their own version of Sherman and Thomas in Seattle?

19 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Malik Hooker.  Has the potential to become our most impactful defensive player on the field.  Allows Colts defense to do so much.  Potential mistake eraser.

Agreed.  Just needs some work on his tackling but I know he's going to be great

1 minute ago, bradgt04 said:

Agreed.  Just needs some work on his tackling but I know he's going to be great

Yes. He can actually tackle fine when he gets there.  He is just taking really bad angles to the football in run support.  If Colts  can get him to improve on that without compromising his reactionary ball tracking instincts he'll be alright.

I'm excited about everyone but I'm gonna go with Walker. He's a solid all around backer who could develop into a stud. His game film from '16 doesn't show his true ability because he was playing too heavy. Watch tape of him from '15 and he is very impressive. 

Basham is gonna be difference maker for our defense. With his size and athleticism he should wreck havoc. 

I'm excited about Banner. He's not ready to start at all, but the idea of using him as a 6th linemen turns me on. We should be able to create some bigger running lanes. He can make an impact if we use him correctly.

I'm going to go with Basham. I think we can be more confident that Hooker and Wilson will have more of an impact early on but hopefully Basham can turn into the pass rusher this team needs over time.

I think of Basham like I did La'Raven Clark last year. You are not as sure what he is going to turn into on the NFL level but if he plays up to his potential it can turn the draft class from good to great.

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Yes. He can actually tackle fine when he gets there.  He is just taking really bad angles to the football in run support.  If Colts  can get him to improve on that without compromising his reactionary ball tracking instincts he'll be alright.

Honestly run support will mainly be on Geathers anyway. Not that Hooker won't try to help there, but I don't think Hooker will be used in the box much. As long as he does mostly a good job against the pass, he will be a heck of a player.

38 minutes ago, Solon said:

I'm excited about Banner. He's not ready to start at all, but the idea of using him as a 6th linemen turns me on. We should be able to create some bigger running lanes. He can make an impact if we use him correctly.

Banner should definitely be in as a FB on short yardage plays.

5 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Honestly run support will mainly be on Geathers anyway. Not that Hooker won't try to help there, but I don't think Hooker will be used in the box much. As long as he does mostly a good job against the pass, he will be a heck of a player.

Agreed. And Hooker's presence will allow for the Colts to play Geathers in the box more often.  Thus bolstering our front seven against the run.  Hooker is there primarily to play the pass.  If he has to come up and make lots of tackles on a regular basis something is going wrong with our front seven.  lol 

39 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

Can I pick 2? Hooker and Wilson. Changes the make up of our secondary. Length, athleticism and ball skills. Put Hooker bacl there as a centerfielder allowing Wilson to play agressive underneath and jump routes. Once Hooker cleans up his tackling he is an All Pro

Agreed 100% I'd be willing to put money on him making all rookie team.

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Agreed. And Hooker's presence will allow for the Colts to play Geathers in the box more often.  Thus bolstering our front seven against the run.  Hooker is there primarily to play the pass.  If he has to come up and make lots of tackles on a regular basis something is going wrong with our front seven.  lol 

Yup. If Hooker gets put into the box, that most likely means we have a rash of injuries at safety.

Easy choice.      Marlon Mack..

..he's never been stopped consistently...

All-Florida in high school

...USF's all-time leading rusher....  not a track star but it looks like he has quick-starting speed

...he should be even more dangerous in an attack where the pass is the No.1 threat

Hooker naturally.  Of course he is an easy choice.  The Colts have been among the worst in the league in takeaways for YEARS.  Doesn't mean he will help turn that around but I doubt it will be any worse with him and  he certainly shows the potential to snag some balls.  He has great range and breaks on the ball very well.

I'm excited about ALL of the picks to a certain degree but I'm most excited to see Hooker in action (LOL, I know I know).  They just haven't had a guy like THIS for, well, since they've been in Indy.

5 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Yep. Ohio St. box wasn't great outside McMillan, so they didn't help Hooker out when he missed tackles. 

23 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Hooker naturally.  Of course he is an easy choice.  The Colts have been among the worst in the league in takeaways for YEARS.  Doesn't mean he will help turn that around but I doubt it will be any worse with him and  he certainly shows the potential to snag some balls.  He has great range and breaks on the ball very well.

I'm excited about ALL of the picks to a certain degree but I'm most excited to see Hooker in action (LOL, I know I know).  They just haven't had a guy like THIS for, well, since they've been in Indy.

Mike Adams? Kinda? But better....