Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Miller Names Colts as Nfl Draft Winners

Let us look at it this way, he did not say we are AFC South winners or SB favorites from the AFC, I will take that negative as a positive. 

To be honest, the team I thought could take the next step in the AFC South, the Titans, did not draft that well defensively, IMO, to creep up on us. Texans added vital pieces and will still be a strong D to contend with. Jags could hover close to .500 this year unlike last year.

41 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Let us look at it this way, he did not say we are AFC South winners or SB favorites from the AFC, I will take that negative as a positive. 

To be honest, the team I thought could take the next step in the AFC South, the Titans, did not draft that well defensively, IMO, to creep up on us. Texans added vital pieces and will still be a strong D to contend with. Jags could hover close to .500 this year unlike last year.

Honestly, I was very worried about TN and follow them closely, but thought their draft was very poor. 

As some know, I am an Oregon guy above any NFL team having gotten my pre and post graduates from the school. They did right by Mariota, but not for the team. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I agree. I thought for sure that the Titans were going to take Jamal Adams at 5. I'm glad they didn't. 

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Agreed. They did nothing to fix their issue with guarding Hilton. If they think Adoree Jackson is going to do it when he got abused by John Ross in college, then the Titans GM should be tested for drugs.

5 hours ago, wig said:

Honestly, I was very worried about TN and follow them closely, but thought their draft was very poor. 

As some know, I am an Oregon guy above any NFL team having gotten my pre and post graduates from the school. They did right by Mariota, but not for the team. 

NFL.com has them at the top of the list for draft winners, clamoring over the supposed great WR picks they made. 

9 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Agreed. They did nothing to fix their issue with guarding Hilton. If they think Adoree Jackson is going to do it when he got abused by John Ross in college, then the Titans GM should be tested for drugs.

They better be more concerned about Mariotta coming back healthy.  If he's not as mobile that takes a big part of their game away.  

Jax and Houston both have talented rosters, both with QB issues.  This division is wide open, no clear cut favorite as far as I'm concerned.  

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

They better be more concerned about Mariotta coming back healthy.  If he's not as mobile that takes a big part of their game away.  

Jax and Houston both have talented rosters, both with QB issues.  This division is wide open, no clear cut favorite as far as I'm concerned.  

Agreed. I'm just saying the Colts don't have much to fear it seems. It'll come down to coaching. Vontae, Wilson, and Hooker should shut down most passing games. Hankins makes the D-Line better but they've got their work cutout for them with Fournette, Murray, Henry, Miller, and Foreman. But I don't see how anyone can stop our offense. The Titans should have taken Lattimore, although I'm glad they didn't. The Texans didn't get a CB or a safety. The Jags just have Ramsey. And only the Texans have a pass rusher.

1 hour ago, AZColt11 said:

I know a lot of people love Jackson from USC but Wilson is a better fit for what the Colts want to do.  Both are good players but Wilson was just a better fit here.

Wilson is the better corner. 

18 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

They think Logan Ryan and adding to the pass rush tree is going to do it. Problem is Indy should be more versatile on offense now and pretty capable of running and throwing. Offense should be tougher to deal with. I do think the Titans draft moves were mostly mediocre though.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

They think Logan Ryan and adding to the pass rush tree is going to do it. Problem is Indy should be more versatile on offense now and pretty capable of running and throwing. Offense should be tougher to deal with. I do think the Titans draft moves were mostly mediocre though.

That's if we can really get Moncrief going and the line can do what it needs to do. Hilton should command a double team though.

7 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Agreed. I'm just saying the Colts don't have much to fear it seems. It'll come down to coaching. Vontae, Wilson, and Hooker should shut down most passing games. Hankins makes the D-Line better but they've got their work cutout for them with Fournette, Murray, Henry, Miller, and Foreman. But I don't see how anyone can stop our offense. The Titans should have taken Lattimore, although I'm glad they didn't. The Texans didn't get a CB or a safety. The Jags just have Ramsey. And only the Texans have a pass rusher.

Texans took a corner in the 5th. Treston Decoud. They also have the kid from Vanderbilt coming back from injury.

7 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Jags have Ramsey and Buoye

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

Texans took a corner in the 5th. Treston Decoud. They also have the kid from Vanderbilt coming back from injury.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

Jags have Ramsey and Buoye

Forgot about Bouye and the guy from Vandy. But still though, I think the Colts had the best draft in the division. People give the Titans too much credit. They haven't drafted as good as people make it seem.

17 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Forgot about Bouye and the guy from Vandy. But still though, I think the Colts had the best draft in the division. People give the Titans too much credit. They haven't drafted as good as people make it seem.

Jags pass rush should be improved quite a bit between the addition of Calais Cambell and the growth of Fowler and Ngakoue. They added Dawane Smoot in the draft.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Jags pass rush should be improved quite a bit between the addition of Calais Cambell and the growth of Fowler and Ngakoue. They added Dawane Smoot in the draft.

The coaching change will probably make the biggest difference.

21 minutes ago, BOTT said:

The coaching change will probably make the biggest difference.

Maybe but I don't see anything magnificent about Doug Marrone. Mediocre. I guess with the influence of Tom Coughlin. Ain't too worried about Tom though. Hes never beaten us. At least none that I recall.

Just now, krunk said:

Maybe but I don't see anything magnificent about Doug Marrone. Mediocre

I think he's at least a solid coach....which is a huge step up from the previous guy.  Plus, I think he and Coughlin are probably on the same page about what kind of team they want and how it should be built.

10 hours ago, BOTT said:

I think he's at least a solid coach....which is a huge step up from the previous guy.  Plus, I think he and Coughlin are probably on the same page about what kind of team they want and how it should be built.

I think Coughlin being back there is probably their best asset.  Guy is old as dirt but he knows football.