Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MIKE MAYOCK - SHAME on YOU!!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

lmao I'm the offender here huh?  The one supporting the actual event and not the people enjoying the circus that has nothing to do with the NFL. Yea it's totally these young kids fault for a couple of organizations making their most important day a sideshow for their own publicity.  Lol always trying to blame the victims in this society is ridiculous. 

WT...  Mayock is now making people think he was kidding. The dumb---- does not know a chimp from an orangutan. 

Not sure he knows players that well either. 

MR. ANTIPATRIOT..... Mayock refused to allow the network to allow the Colts to name their selection because of the Zoo. Remember it was read by Mrs Irsay, who is an owner of the Colts, followed with the oragantan pressing  the screen for the name of the selection. She is very active in getting the Colts involved with the local community, and if that was the intent than some respect should be given. They are making continuing fun on the Colts expense, which you can credit Rich Eisen. If they did that to the KRAFT family, Mike Mayock would be long gone!! 

As a fan, you are entitled to voice your approval of the Zoo scene but not the commentators. They are paid to be informative. 

27 minutes ago, antipatriot said:

He said that the orangutan making the pick was disrespectful to the player......and I couldnt agree more the NFL needs to stop with this ridiculousness.  Grover Stewart deserves a little more respect than a gimmick like that...If that was your son getting picked using an ape I think you would be a little upset.  This is just more of garbage that the NFL continues to do its football not the circus.

He made the Banner pick.   Also,  it was a gross overreaction.  His employer decided how the picks would be made.   He should probably just do his job.  I don't see teams rushing out to hire him

Mayock: "If we're going back to the Zoo, I'm walking off the desk."  Rich Eisen said, "Feel free".  MM: "I've about had the Zoo, ok? Enough.  Enough.  I mean is this good TV?"  My wife used to work as a vet tech at the Indy Zoo for 13+ years, so there are people who enjoy this brevity.  She won't sit thru hours of draft coverage with me, but she did watch that part.  Mayock needs to be put in check for his disrespect of Colts nation.

The only problem I have is that this is a WORLD renowned Orangutan Conservatory that is helping this species to remain on the planet. 

I am in no way a liberal fanatic, but we know the money, time and effort of all involved in this effort 

I am all for jokes and fun. I also know when Indianapolis has something 2nd to none. 

Mayock needs to stick to football. Simple as that. (I usually like him)

Thanks again to everyone for a good draft day:thmup:

3 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

The only problem I have is that this is a WORLD renowned Orangutan Conservatory that is helping this species to remain on the planet. 

I am in no way a liberal fanatic, but we know the money, time and effort of all involved in this effort 

I am all for jokes and fun. I also know when Indianapolis has something 2nd to none. 

:thmup:

Yes and because of this not one metion of the Colts last two pick. NFL Network put talks on during both picks. Nfl network does this to the colts year after year always taking commercial breaks or talking to players or coaches during the colts picks.

It crossed my mind. Even when Malik Hooker was picked, the coverage was minimal. It's okay though. Just like 12 would like.

1 hour ago, AustexColt said:

I live in Austin Texas, and what I just witnessed from Mike Mayock was not only UNPROFESSIONAL but insulting to the Colts Nation.  Professionalism means showing good manners, and that does not include insulting the Zoo nor the Colts Management decision to using the Zoo or its orangatan in making their selection. Most insulting was how he disrespected the Irsay Family, who is paying part of his salary on the NFL Network and allowing him to cover the Combine.  I hope the NFL Network execs addresses this swiftly and makes sure this does not happen again. Football is a sport but it is also entertainment business, and what Mayock did was sheer arrogance with his demand.

I thought it was very funny and it broke up the very boring draft day of a TV marathon of useless information about people I have never heard of and in most cases will never hear about again. How do you insult a zoo?! As far as insulting the Irsay family I have always viewed them as very capable of doing that with the aid of outsiders.

1 hour ago, BrentMc11 said:

That's great and all. Keep it, the space station and every other gimmick away from the draft.  There was more time wasted on that crap today than talking about prospects. 

Mayock wants to keep it about football, but he wasn't allowed to. 

15 minutes ago, wig said:

That's great and all. Keep it, the space station and every other gimmick away from the draft.  There was more time wasted on that crap today than talking about prospects. 

Agreed! 

2 hours ago, antipatriot said:

He said that the orangutan making the pick was disrespectful to the player......and I couldnt agree more the NFL needs to stop with this ridiculousness.  Grover Stewart deserves a little more respect than a gimmick like that...If that was your son getting picked using an ape I think you would be a little upset.  This is just more of garbage that the NFL continues to do its football not the circus.

The Draft had many making Draft picks so the Colts use an Orangutan , :td:  The  Orangutan did a better job than many I saw . 

Mayock acted foolish after watching him & his cohorts I was far more impressed with the Indy Zoo watching the NFL Network  for Colts info is kinda worthless .

Some one should send Mayock a Bouquet of Bannana's courtesy of the Blue .

IMO Grover Stewart is happy to be a Colt & could care less who made the call hearing his name was what mattered the most ..

35 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Y'all love to cry about Colts treatment. It's very simple as much as I like the team, they clearly are a boring, a small market, and middle of pack team. This is why there isn't much coverage 

True to a point but there is really more to it than that its just not that simple .

Some really liked the Baltimore Colts & have never really liked the move some have opinions that go back to prior drafts when analyst were overly critical of the front office & vice versa . 

Winning once again will earn respect taking the AFC South will be the first step to getting the ball rolling .

If Mr. Mayock wants to keep talking about football, then perhaps we can trim out every other teams' "gimmicks", which in sure was at least 20 times longer in total and were no where near as important as raising awareness about the work those fine people do.

My problem is that Mayock didn't make nearly as much of a stink about any other team than he did the colts on the air. Problem is this is something the people of Indy and the Irsays are proud of. Too bad if he doesn't like the conservation of the orangutan.

1 hour ago, wig said:

He should start his own network then.  It's no more ridiculous than grown men in suits acting out in game scenarios on a small turf field inside a studio

12 hours ago, Wyldhorsefan said:

Yes and because of this not one metion of the Colts last two pick. NFL Network put talks on during both picks. Nfl network does this to the colts year after year always taking commercial breaks or talking to players or coaches during the colts picks.

Yep I noticed this....it seemed that they tried to avoid talking about Colts picks. They really had no interest in discussing anything Colts. But they'd spend nearly 10 min discussing other teams picks and gushing about them.

8 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

He should start his own network then.  It's no more ridiculous than grown men in suits acting out in game scenarios on a small turf field inside a studio

^

LOL!

I wasn't a big fan on the whole city scenarios that played out.  I felt it dragged on, also they seemed to get side tracked on occasion and not even talk about the picks.  Not that I hated it, I just didn't like it.  I won't be highly disappointed if they ditched the who city scenarios in next years draft. 

I just feel that they tried to turn it into a spectacle.  Whatever floats their boats though I guess.  If it works and brings in more views and gets more people involved heck maybe it's a good thing???  I have no clue lol no clue, just a ramble.