Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MIKE MAYOCK - SHAME on YOU!!!

I live in Austin Texas, and what I just witnessed from Mike Mayock was not only UNPROFESSIONAL but insulting to the Colts Nation.  Professionalism means showing good manners, and that does not include insulting the Zoo nor the Colts Management decision to using the Zoo or its orangatan in making their selection. Most insulting was how he disrespected the Irsay Family, who is paying part of his salary on the NFL Network and allowing him to cover the Combine.  I hope the NFL Network execs addresses this swiftly and makes sure this does not happen again. Football is a sport but it is also entertainment business, and what Mayock did was sheer arrogance with his demand.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, AustexColt said:

I live in Austin Texas, and what I just witnessed from Mike Mayock was not only UNPROFESSIONAL but insulting to the Colts Nation.  Professionalism means showing good manners, and that does not include insulting the Zoo nor the Colts Management decision to using the Zoo or its orangatan in making their selection. Most insulting was how he disrespected the Irsay Family, who is paying part of his salary on the NFL Network and allowing him to cover the Combine.  I hope the NFL Network execs addresses this swiftly and makes sure this does not happen again. Football is a sport but it is also entertainment business, and what Mayock did was sheer arrogance with his demand.

What did he say?

He said that the orangutan making the pick was disrespectful to the player......and I couldnt agree more the NFL needs to stop with this ridiculousness.  Grover Stewart deserves a little more respect than a gimmick like that...If that was your son getting picked using an ape I think you would be a little upset.  This is just more of garbage that the NFL continues to do its football not the circus.

4 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I didn't see it. What happened now?

He was dissing the Zoo, he didn't seem to like the Orangutang making the picks.  It wasn't that big of a deal imo, Mayock and Eisen were just having fun at the Zoo's expense.

What a big eye roll.  Get over your self and your everyone is against Indy mentality.  I actually completely agree with Mayock that the use of the Zoo is a big ol fat middle finger to the kid being drafted.  Biggest day of this young mans life and people are paying more attention to damn zoo than the prospect.  The air time should be for the players and their special moment of entering the NFL something they have been working on for a large portion of their lives.

I really think he was trying to be funny, but came off as an ***. 

This is is a huge orangutan conservatory that is well respected throughout the US and beyond. 

He was insensitive. Riesen egged it on. Not a really good idea for Mayock. He talks enough. :sigh:

Mayock feels the significance of the life moment that it is for these mid to late round kids getting drafted.  I don't think he liked a monkey making the picks rather than a human announcing their name during one of the biggest events of their lives.  

In that respect, I can't say I blame him.  It was poorly thought out by the Colts.

2 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

Mayock feels the significance of the life moment that it is for these mid to late round kids getting drafted.  I don't think he liked a monkey making the picks rather than a human announcing their name during one of the biggest events of their lives.  

In that respect, I can't say I blame him.  It was poorly thought out by the Colts.

It was better than the Walking Dead spoof the Rams did

4 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I really think he was trying to be funny, but came off as an ***. 

This is is a huge orangutan conservatory that is well respected throughout the US and beyond. 

He he was insensitive. Risen egged it on. Not a really good idea for Mayock. He talks enough. :sigh:

Agreed

I don't get NFL Network so I didn't actually hear what Mayock said but did read the text.

I can't say I disagree. I have come to dislike day three of the draft. Between the gimmicky announcing of picks (whether it be at the zoo or spaceship) to the announcers being three picks behind it just is not good tv. 

12 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

What a big eye roll.  Get over your self and your everyone is against Indy mentality.  I actually completely agree with Mayock that the use of the Zoo is a big ol fat middle finger to the kid being drafted.  Biggest day of this young mans life and people are paying more attention to damn zoo than the prospect.  The air time should be for the players and their special moment of entering the NFL something they have been working on for a large portion of their lives.

You are being a total ***%#+*!!!!!  Mayock was too!!!!

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It was better than the Walking Dead spoof the Rams did

And?  Somehow both of these are acceptable?  Dumb arguement for a disgraceful act.  These kids have literally poured their lives into this.  They may not be first round picks but they are joining the NFL a feat not many people can achieve in their lifetime.

2 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

You are being a total ***%#+*!!!!!  Mayo know was too!!!!

lmao I'm the offender here huh?  The one supporting the actual event and not the people enjoying the circus that has nothing to do with the NFL. Yea it's totally these young kids fault for a couple of organizations making their most important day a sideshow for their own publicity.  Lol always trying to blame the victims in this society is ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

And?  Somehow both of these are acceptable?  Dumb arguement for a disgraceful act.  These kids have literally poured their lives into this.  They may not be first round picks but they are joining the NFL a feat not many people can achieve in their lifetime.

Disgraceful act? Good God. Nobody can do anything anymore without getting criticized for it. Who cares about this? Mayock needs to stick to analyzing the Draft and talking about the players instead of going all PC and playing Mr Politician.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yep lol it was meant for humor , wasn't a slap or degradation of anyone

Did we say the organization purposely attack these players? No we didn't but it is a disgraceful not very well thought act that takes away from a moment for these kids.

Inagine yourself as a parent waiting to see your child's name called and instead of any coverage on your sons amazing 2-4 years of play it's just a camera fixed on a monkey and someone making fun of it.  I'd be irate.

Just now, Surge89 said:

lmao I'm the offender here huh?  The one supporting the actual event and not the people enjoying the circus that has nothing to do with the NFL. Yea it's totally these young kids fault for a couple of organizations making their most important day a sideshow for their own publicity.  Lol always trying to blame the victims in this society is ridiculous. 

Where are you coming from ? I doubt they care they are in the big dance.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Disgraceful act? Good God. Nobody can do anything anymore without getting criticized for it. Who cares about this? Mayock needs to stick to analyzing the Draft and talking about the players instead of going all PC and playing Mr Politician.

He did it to several teams

how about what he said about St. Francis(Pa.)

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Amen