Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Nate Hairston, CB, Temple

MTC

On 4/30/2017 at 2:00 AM, weslo1812 said:

The Browns have already come out and said they may end up not keeping him. There is alot of concern around his off the field issue. Im glad we stayed away.

Off topic, Colt Lyerla escaped from prison today.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• QB's that think fast and throw very accurately are the base for a SB contender.  The best help for the QB is a strong run game and having time to throw.   With Taylor missing the first for games, no Elite WR, and Smith missing I believe 6 games, and a rag muffin QB, we were 10th in scoring.  And near the bottom on D.   Knock on Woods, year two of Steichen and our scoring should improve. Pittman is now in his prime, Downs is so smart and quick he is nearly unguardable. We have 4 TE's that run and catch well. Having a 4th WR that is fast, runs good routes, with very good hands will be a big help. And we can find that as late as round 3.   My first pick would be RT Latham. Fries is consistently dominated by power and gets pushed back too easily, so adding a better RG is high on my preference. Maybe that is Smith, or Latham for a year.
    • 28th in scoring defense. I also added more to my post that you didn't see. Check that out as well.    We'll add more to the offense in the draft, but the defense is the obvious weak point. AR may make the team better. We'll see on that. The defense is terrible though. 
    • There's a lot of wrong with this and a lot to say, but let's stop at the fact the Chiefs were 2nd in points allowed (294 PA). The Colts were 28th in points allowed (415).
    • If we put the 5th year option in place with Paye then he is signed through 2025.  If we don’t then he is a FA.  His option price is $14m.  Pretty cheap for an ER who has improved each year.  My guess is they think our new DL coach could hopefully get him to make an even bigger jump.  So I’m thinking they will pick up his option.
    • Ranked 28th? By what metrics, genuinely curious because that seems incredibly low. They were top 10-15 in most statistical categories...   We have two young but promising corners, loading up on defense when you don't even know what you have in a quarterback just doesn't make sense to me. You do everything in your power to make that quarterback successful because that in itself gives you the BEST chance for success. You go as your quarterback does. Not you go as your corner does, or your safety or your edge rusher.   I'm not saying defense isn't important but it's less important than putting pieces around AR and giving him the biggest chance to be successful. Look at the Jets...could've easily been the leagues top defense with the amount of play makers they have on their roster...Team didn't go anywhere because they couldn't score.
  • Members

• Solid84

Solid84 6,512

• MB-ColtsFan

MB-ColtsFan 2,654

• shasta519

shasta519 5,246

• Yoshinator

Yoshinator 9,112

• KB

KB 1,089

• jvan1973