• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Indy1996 said:

No fergerson has carrying problrms thats why

Fergerson just sucks plain and simple lol and i really don't bash players on the team but he does. Dude looked like LT in college and now he moved up in competition and that went out the window. We haven't picked a good RB since 2012. Hell thats five seasons now. And Ballard couldn't stay healthy. 

I don't like a lot of the RBs left.  I think getting a cast off from some other team this offseason would be fine for next year and then look more seriously at the position in the draft.

We need more DBs and LBs, more athleticism on defense this draft.

1 minute ago, ColtsUrUs said:

I understand that but we really need a RB. We've been saying this for 5 season now. 

I completely agree with you. I thought Mixon would have been smart in the 2nd Rd. A good RB will do a lot for Luck and the defense. Mixon could've been that guy. It`s possible to find a late Rd gem, but it's easier said than done.

Just now, ColtsUrUs said:

So you guys haven't been posting saying we haven't had a good RB signing in five years? Hell I've been on this board a while and we been looking for a good RB signing since 2012. 

People have been wanting RB early in this draft this past off season. But there have been a lot more issues people wanted taken care of before RB, like oline. That was a huge need for the last 5 years. It wasn't until recently that people on here have been wanting RB. Vick Ballard was a good RB that couldn't stay healthy, and for a good 3 years of the five you speak of, he was the one people were hoping could stay healthy. Now we have Gore. 

1 minute ago, NannyMcafee said:

People have been wanting RB early in this draft this past off season. But there have been a lot more issues people wanted taken care of before RB, like oline. That was a huge need for the last 5 years. It wasn't until recently that people on here have been wanting RB. Vick Ballard was a good RB that couldn't stay healthy, and for a good 3 years of the five you speak of, he was the one people were hoping could stay healthy. Now we have Gore. 

True he has a couple more years left then he gonna retire 

10 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

You're tripping. You must have just signed up on the boards because these guys have been screaming for a RB help each season along with O-line help. Vick ballard had one ok season before he got hurt. Dude had a total of 877 yards in two season with the team so cut it out. Colts haven't had a good RB since 2006 actually if you really want to go there. We cried about Donald Brown, Mike Hart, Delone Carter and Kerwynn Williams for years. So to say we havent been crying for a RB for years is a lie plain and simple. 

22 minutes ago, ColtsUrUs said:

You're tripping. You must have just signed up on the boards because these guys have been screaming for a RB help each season along with O-line help. Vick ballard had one ok season before he got hurt. Dude had a total of 877 yards in two season with the team so cut it out. Colts haven't had a good RB since 2006 actually if you really want to go there. We cried about Donald Brown, Mike Hart, Delone Carter and Kerwynn Williams for years. So to say we havent been crying for a RB for years is a lie plain and simple. 

I think you're confused buddy. We have HAD help at RB for all of those years. You named all the help we had, and recently signed TRich. No one knew how these guys were going to pan out, so there was no need to be crying about RB. It wasn't until Trich completely busted out, and after gore continued to age that people started screaming RB. I have been reading these forums since before our SB win. A lot of people would have been mad about an early RB pick until recently. Especially if grigson was the one to draft it. There are exceptions, with a tiny few wanting RB. But that's not the majority. 

I never said Vick Ballard had a lot of yards. I said he was a question mark that people wanted to see healthy, because he had potential behind our * poor oline. 

We watched Joe Addai go from great to mediocre behind this line. No one wanted RB. They wanted oline. Not a lie, just my point of view. I haven't read every post. 

2 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I'm high on Tarik Cohen.  like Ferguson, but no droppsies, and a lot better field vision.  Smaller school, yes, but watch his tape and you'll see what i'm talking about.

We need to draft him with our 2nd 4th round pick yo

6 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I think you're confused buddy. We have HAD help at RB for all of those years. You named all the help we had, and recently signed TRich. No one knew how these guys were going to pan out, so there was no need to be crying about RB. It wasn't until Trich completely busted out, and after gore continued to age that people started screaming RB. I have been reading these forums since before our SB win. A lot of people would have been mad about an early RB pick until recently. Especially if grigson was the one to draft it. There are exceptions, with a tiny few wanting RB. But that's not the majority. 

I never said Vick Ballard had a lot of yards. I said he was a question mark that people wanted to see healthy, because he had potential behind our * poor oline. 

Name the RB's we've had that made a difference since 2006? And I didn't want to list Trich because I'm trying to wipe his memory of mines as a Colt. 

Just now, ColtsUrUs said:

Name the RB's we've had that made a difference since 2006? And I didn't want to list Trich because I'm trying to wipe his memory of mines as a Colt. 

Lol, I can understand the sentiment behind Trich. 

Since 06, it was in 07 with Joe Addai. I never said we had anything good at RB. Mike Hart was a beast until he destroyed his knee. And now we have Gore. Who is probably the best RB we have had in a very long time, but no surprise he has done better as our line has done better. My point was, during the time you claim that people have been crying about RB, our oline has been crap. Bottom of the league crap. So the people who have been crying RB, are the ones who know nothing of the trenches. 

RB has been sitting in the back seat behind oline and even pass rush. My point is, people haven't really been bothered too much by our RB rotations. We have watched Andrew luck, and Peyton manning get beat up every year because of this oline. 

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I think we will draft Marlon Mack in the 4th and sign jamal charles

I think it will be between Mack, Jamal Wlliams, Brian Hill, Gallman, and Perine. So far every guy we've drafted we've met with predraft at some point. For the backs I know we've met with Marlon Mack for sure, Brian Hill, and Jaml Williams

2 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Lol, I can understand the sentiment behind Trich. 

Since 06, it was in 07 with Joe Addai. I never said we had anything good at RB. Mike Hart was a beast until he destroyed his knee. And now we have Gore. Who is probably the best RB we have had in a very long time, but no surprise he has done better as our line has done better. My point was, during the time you claim that people have been crying about RB, our oline has been crap. Bottom of the league crap. So the people who have been crying RB, are the ones who know nothing of the trenches. 

RB has been sitting in the back seat behind oline and even pass rush. My point is, people haven't really been bothered too much by our RB rotations. We have watched Andrew luck, and Peyton manning get beat up every year because of this oline. 

I whole heartedly agree. We've tried a lot of different options at RB for quite a while without success. From unknowns or guys that were more or less gambles to someone like Richardson. None of them worked out because we had no line to run behind.

People who were knowledgeable knew we had to address the line before any RB could have success.

11 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

He would be my first choice. He's a very talented RB. Was the reason Oklahoma was relevant outside of Baker Mayfield

I was watching NFL network and they asked Charlie Casserly about Perine. Casserly said he was a sleeper who could be a 1000 yard back in a one cut zone blocking scheme