Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What good Rbs are left

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like CB underestimated the attention the RB's would receive.  Now we are left with the leftovers.  Even his old team traded up to get one among others.  I know it's a deep class but this is ridiculous. If he sits there and doesn't make a trade a few more will go off.  I really thought he would trade back into the third.  Now we could be stuck with an old Frank Gore and a mediocre running game again that no one will respect.  Of course he could acquire another aging RB like Grigson did.  Loved the 1st. three picks but he apparently is going to settle for what the 8th or 9th best RB on the board. Really?  And that assumes we even draft one.  He's a rookie GM and he was really outmaneuvered on what the other GM's saw in this RB class.  He said he was going to make mistakes and it looks like he made one on the RB position.  We shall see. 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Looks like CB underestimated the attention the RB's would receive.  Now we are left with the leftovers.  Even his old team traded up to get one among others.  I know it's a deep class but this is ridiculous. If he sits there and doesn't make a trade a few more will go off.  I really thought he would trade back into the third.  Now we could be stuck with an old Frank Gore and a mediocre running game again that no one will respect.  Of course he could acquire another aging RB like Grigson did.  Loved the 1st. three picks but he apparently is going to settle for what the 8th or 9th best RB on the board. Really?  And that assumes we even draft one.  He's a rookie GM and he was really outmaneuvered on what the other GM's saw in this RB class.  He said he was going to make mistakes and it looks like he made one on the RB position.  We shall see. 

He didn't make any mistake. There's really no difference between any of the rbs left now, and the ones that got taken besides Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey, and Mixon. After those 4, they all blend together around this time, and the only way we get one of them is take them with a 1st or a 2nd on mixon. You just wanted an rb in the 1st round lol. I remember your posts. :) 

I still believe there a few running backs left that have starting potential:

South Florida RB Marlon Mack

Boise State RB Jeremy McNichols

Oklahoma State RB Samaje Perine

Wyoming RB Brian Hill

UTEP RB Aaron Jones is my sleeper pick as an UDFA.

13 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

You love the first 3 picks AND think he failed. That's impressive. 

Just now, wig said:

You love the first 3 picks AND think he failed. That's impressive. 

LOL, he said that? I know he's an eternal optimist, but at least be consistent. You can't suck up to Ballard, then criticize him. Can't have your cake and eat it too. If he did well, he did well. He didn't do well, and get "outmaneuvered". LOL.

1 minute ago, wig said:

I like Mack a lot. Also wouldn't mind doubling down and getting a combo like Perine and Pumphrey. 

I was thinking the same. In this deep RB class, getting two of them in the 4th is the best solution. I would prefer the exact same two RBs as you. Get them, and someone like Howard Wilson at CB in the 4th, along with a 5th round O-Lineman like Bisnowaty, and this draft is perfect.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

LOL, he said that? I know he's an eternal optimist, but at least be consistent. You can't suck up to Ballard, then criticize him. Can't have your cake and eat it too. If he did well, he did well. He didn't do well, and get "outmaneuvered". LOL.

Well. . .

"Loved the 1st. three picks. . ."

"He's a rookie GM and he was really outmaneuvered. . ."

31 minutes ago, krunk said:

I was watching NFL network and they asked Charlie Casserly about Perine. Casserly said he was a sleeper who could be a 1000 yard back in a one cut zone blocking scheme

I would not be opposed at all to drafting him. And since the Colts have three 4th round picks, they should take him if given the chance

31 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

You are panicking Rich. Still a guy or two out there. Plus another pick that can be used on O line. We are in good hands.

Just now, Lawrence Owen said:

I read it, and thought the same thing.  But didn't say anything because i think it boarders on the board rules for insult's...lol

Fine me later!!!!! Hahaha 

Yea I might get blocked for a day but its cool

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm wondering where they see Brandon Wilson from Houston in this? I remember they went to his pro day.

My round 5 dream pick. Great in the nickel, he's coming from Houstons bail zone scheme which makes you wonder how he'd translate to a press man scheme, but his skill set matches what we look for in our corners. Also has return ability

2 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

My round 5 dream pick. Great in the nickel, he's coming from Houstons bail zone scheme which makes you wonder how he'd translate to a press man scheme, but his skill set matches what we look for in our corners. Also has return ability

I believe he converted to RB for the NFL. I just watched a couple clips on Youtube and I actually think he could be really good. Moves pretty well and has the afterburners you look for and good size. Seems like a Colt type pick because he can do it all from defense to offense to special teams. Low tread on his tires as a runner.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I believe he converted to RB for the NFL. I just watched a couple clips on Youtube and I actually think he could be really good. Moves pretty well and has the afterburners you look for and good size. Seems like a Colt type pick because he can do it all from defense to offense to special teams. Low tread on his tires as a runner.

Would you draft him as a runner though? It's a huge projection, IMO. Or would you try to get him as a priority FA?

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Would you draft him as a runner though? It's a huge projection, IMO. Or would you try to get him as a priority FA?

I dont know what their plans are. If it were me it would be FA or 6th or 7th round if we traded back.

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

If I had my choice between the two, I would take Perine. He just has so much potential. Such a good RB in every sense of the word

True. But Hill though. 6'1" with a 4.51 40. Offense didn't ask him to catch a lot in college but he can do it. So much potential.

35 minutes ago, Pointz said:

I like Perine. I think his grinding style is similar to Gore and he could provide a smash mouth element to the offense. Maybe a McNichols late as third down guy.

I too like Perine.  Quite simply I cannot ignore his Sooners career rushing record, all the greats that he exceeded.  I really think he is going to surprise a lot of people!

Also, am the only one here still very impressed by Gore?  Forget about his age, he's coming off of a 1,000 yard season and I happen to think he's still pretty darn good.  Yeah, I agree we need to find the RB of the future, but I think we're perfectly fine with Gore for 2017.

2 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

I too like Perine.  Quite simply I cannot ignore his Sooners career rushing record, all the greats that he exceeded.  I really think he is going to surprise a lot of people!

Also, am the only one here still very impressed by Gore?  Forget about his age, he's coming off of a 1,000 yard season and I happen to think he's still pretty darn good.  Yeah, I agree we need to find the RB of the future, but I think we're perfectly fine with Gore for 2017.

I think Gore is still capable of another good season. But I do think a RB needs to be a priority in the 4th round today. Have Gore teach the rookie everything he knows. I have no doubt that rookie would become a stud under Gore's tutelage

3 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I think Gore is still capable of another good season. But I do think a RB needs to be a priority in the 4th round today. Have Gore teach the rookie everything he knows. I have no doubt that rookie would become a stud under Gore's tutelage

Agreed ... and I hope Perine is the selection.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He didn't make any mistake. There's really no difference between any of the rbs left now, and the ones that got taken besides Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey, and Mixon. After those 4, they all blend together around this time, and the only way we get one of them is take them with a 1st or a 2nd .

Well said.  And its that way every draft.

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

True. But Hill though. 6'1" with a 4.51 40. Offense didn't ask him to catch a lot in college but he can do it. So much potential.

I like him but not as much as Perine. But with Chris Ballard making the decisions, the Colts will be fine 

1 hour ago, bananabucket said:

Gallman had 4.9 YPC on a national championship roster. That sounds good by NFL standards, but in college that's garbage. He's not a receiving threat. He provides no big play ability.

He's way down the list of guys available

Gallman would be ok if we had a speed back to compliment him......

...which we don't.

2 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I'm high on Tarik Cohen.  like Ferguson, but no droppsies, and a lot better field vision.  Smaller school, yes, but watch his tape and you'll see what i'm talking about.

wow, i'm sold (later rounds would be a gift from the heavens)

Of all the RB's available I'd take Jamaal Williams from BYU. I'm obviously biased because I have watched him play over the years more than any other back however he is very disciplined on the field and an extremely hard runner. He also has great ability to pick up the blocks. I think he will do very well wherever he ends up.