Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jamaal Charles

Not that we should, but I think since we had so much excess cap prior to the draft, and the fact he is still available, would it be worth to pay him a few million to have a 1-2-3 of Gore Charles Turbin?  As a short term fix, anyhow...

Since we went all out OL last year, then focus on the whole defense this offseason, we could afford to make this move and let Gore retire have Charles for 1-2 years and a 1st rd RB next year fill that gap!

It may be an unpopular idea, and a bold move, but why not?  Would it really make a difference giving him a short term deal?

He hasn't really played in almost 2 seasons.  Can he still play?  If so, the connection is obvious and he's worth a shot. 

But if no one is interested so far, so you have to wonder.  Also, it goes against CBs philosophy.  

28 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

I'm too down. Cheap deal, incentive pay based on games played not yards gained. At the same time if we get Marlon Mack or Jeremy McNichols 2morro no need 

With the 10 years veteran pay scale in the NFL there would be no "cheap" contract. With that in mind exactly what makes you think Charles would sign such a contract?

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

With the 10 years veteran pay scale in the NFL there would be no "cheap" contract. With that in mind exactly what makes you think Charles would sign such a contract?

AP is making 3.5 a year, thats cheap. Why would he sign it, cuz he doesn't have a dam choice if he wants to play again. Whether with us or not hes getting a dirt cheap contract. 

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

He may just go home. I doubt he needs the money.

If i was him I would do that, but I think he's trying for a comeback. CB must know his agent pretty well and Jamaal for that matter. If he's comfortable with Charles's knee then so am I