Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Tarell Basham, Edge, Ohio

ColtsArmy84

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Ballard is getting tremendous value on paper with his picks.  Depending on whose grades you looked at they have three guys with first round grades.

Wow was basham really projected to go in first in a good amount of mocks?

8 minutes ago, Jake stone said:

CB doing great job, hitting all areas of need with players we like.

You hit it on the head. For once, our GM is selecting 1) players in areas of need, and 2) players that this forum generally likes. I'm not saying this is a guarantee for success, but it sure makes things much more fun for us!

It feels like I'm following a completely different team. Not only are we drafting good players w/ great value & hitting needs... but we also seemed to do well in free agency. Signed guys hitting their prime years & having youth, cutting older expensive veterans, being smart with money, obtaining extra draft picks...

Weird. But in a good way! :rock:

• Like 7

Good value pick here. I predicted and hoped that Ballard would get either Basham or Rivers in the 3rd after going secondary rounds 1 and 2.

Wilson was another guy I thought had a very good chance of being selected by Ballard in round 2.

Defense looks to be much improved, now go get another CB (Shaquill Griffin or Jourdan Lewis, a talented RB (Samaje Perine or Marlon Mack), and a high upside TE in round 4 (Jonnu Smith or Bucky Hodges) and this is an A draft in my book. Round 5 can be used to potentially get another rusher like Joe Mathis or a talented DL or OL player.