Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After Day 1, it looks like I'm wrong so far....

.....    and I hope it continues that I'm wrong.

I have been concerned that trades would have to be made as a discount...   that teams would be so reluctant to move picks,  that we'd have to settle for a deeply discounted deal.

Well....    most of the deals of Day 1 were full payment.    1 or 2 were even above full payment.     I thought two of the deal for QB,  the one for Mahomes and Watson,   I thought KC and Texas could've been forced to pay even more.     But they didn't.     They still paid a lot,  but I thought they could've been squeezed for more.      By the points chart,   Chicago paid full price....   the move of 1 spot from 3 to 2,  the difference was 400 points.     The three picks total roughly 400 points.     It looks like a lot on paper,  but it's not that terrible.

I'm glad I'm wrong so far.    Frankly,   I hope I'm wrong on Day 2 and Day 3.    This will help the Colts if they try to make trades.      As I've noted since I got here 5 years ago,  I'd rather be wrong if that would help the Colts, than be right and have it hurt the Colts.       I'd rather the Colts get a good deal on any trade than be forced to settle for pennies on the dollar.      I'd always rather be wrong on cases like that.

Now,   can this trend hold out for the next 2 days?      I sure hope so.......       Now, will the Colts try and trade back and collect more picks?      I sure hope so....

I'd give up two thirds (this year and next year) to get an extra pick in this talent filled round 2 if someone talented slipped. Has that been done before? Browns like to accumulate picks, so see if they will buy this year's 3rd and next year's 3rd for pick No.20 in round 2. :thmup:

58 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I'd give up two thirds (this year and next year) to get an extra pick in this talent filled round 2 if someone talented slipped. Has that been done before? Browns like to accumulate picks, so see if they will buy this year's 3rd and next year's 3rd for pick No.20 in round 2. :thmup:

I wouldn't mind that, but I am also fine with sitting on what we have now.  The old bird in hand is worth two in the bush type thing, or not.  I just hope our pick(s) tonight are equally as valuable as last night.

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I would rather they just take the 6 picks they have over the next four rounds.   Fill in if needed with UDFAs.  

I only took the position of trading back because that's what Ballard has been so public about wanting to do....

But if he thinks Wilson was too good to pass up,  or if he didn't like the offers to move back,  either way,   I'm very, very happy with staying put and taking Wilson.      Very good corner....

Hoping for pass rush in R3....