Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are odds on favorites to take Mixon in 2nd

I take this with a grain of salt, but for the first time ever, the sports books have been taking prop bets on the draft. The first night was over under on conferences. Tonight, one of the prop bets is who if anyone will take Joe Mixon in the 2nd round. I was surprised to see the Colts are the odds on favorite by a huge margin. The reason, Gore is getting old, and Mixon too talented to pass. Here are odds: Notice the difference in Indy's odds. I just thought it was interesting.

From BookMaker.eu: Which team will select Joe Mixon in Round 2 of the NFL Draft?

• Indianapolis Colts: -115
  • Philadelphia Eagles: +150
  • Detroit Lions: +180
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers: +200
  • San Francisco 49ers: +230
  • New York Jets: +240
  • Seattle Seahawks: +280
  • Baltimore Ravens: +280
  • New York Giants: +300
  • Kansas City Chiefs: +325
  • Washington Redskins: +450
  • Green Bay Packers: +500

For what it is worth, I still think we go defense, CB or LB with all the talent still out there, and I hope it is Awuzie, Tim Williiams or Jordan Willis. Williams would really solidify the LB corp, especially after all the pickups, although we still need someone inside, so I am wondering if Willis could play inside. He has the athletic skills and is plenty fast to cover. Would love Awuzie or even Wilson to go with Hooker.

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

100000x times worse than punching a girl in the face?  Like what,   freebase a new born baby?

Attempted murder, gang assault with great bodily harm, racist hate crimes, etc.

http://defamer.gawker.com/here-are-other-crimes-mark-wahlberg-needs-pardoned-1668011058

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2216135/Will-Smith-1989-mugshot-connection-attack-left-man-blind.html

9 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

While both are bad,  neither is 10000x worse than what mixon did

8 minutes ago, Track Guy said:

Which we've done nothing to do, unfortunately. 

I fully expect us to not crack the top 20 in rushing, for yet another year. 

I didn't realize the draft and other free agent signings were over.     I can see why you are being nonsensical

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I didn't realize the draft and other free agent signings were over.     I can see why you are being nonsensical

Yes because we're going to land a starter on the OL in round 3 or later in the weakest OL draft in many years... And there are impact players still out there on the market.

Right. 

Sounds reasonable. 

Just now, Track Guy said:

Yes because we're going to land a starter on the OL in round 3 or later in the weakest OL draft in many years... And there are impact players still out there on the market.

Right. 

Sounds reasonable. 

You are so clueless,  It's sad

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You are so clueless,  It's sad

You think I'm clueless. Fine. 

I just think the ship sailed on upgrading our O-line in any meaningful way this season. That's all I'm saying. If you think I'm wrong then so be it, but I would bet our O-line is pretty much set. 

If you look back at what you originally quoted me as saying - well first off I have no idea why you called me out, as if I didn't know that improving an O-line improves a running game. I never disagreed with that. The only thing I said is that we need to improve our running game. Then when I said we didn't improve our O-line, you seemed to imply that we are going to make some sort of impactful addition for this season late in the draft or post draft free agency. I just don't see that as likely - if that's what you mean by clueless then fine I'm clueless. Otherwise hop off.

Just now, Track Guy said:

You think I'm clueless. Fine. 

I just think the ship sailed on upgrading our O-line in any meaningful way this season. That's all I'm saying. If you think I'm wrong then so be it, but I would bet our O-line is pretty much set. 

If you look back at what you originally quoted me as saying - well first off I have no idea why you called me out, as if I didn't know that improving an O-line improves a running game. I never disagreed with that. The only thing I said is that we need to improve our running game. Then when I said we didn't improve our O-line, you seemed to imply that we are going to make some sort of impactful addition for this season late in the draft or post draft free agency. I just don't see that as likely - if that's what you mean by clueless then fine I'm clueless. Otherwise hop off.

You are a panicked fan.    You should not watch the draft.  It's too intense for you.   Go see your psychiatrist instead

17 minutes ago, Track Guy said:

Right. 

Sounds reasonable. 

Can you guess what round Jeff Saturday was drafted in?

23 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Can you guess what round Jeff Saturday was drafted in?

Can you guess what the odds of a guy that late having even half the career he did are? 

Undrafted players making an impact in their first year, particularly a lineman, are so low you shouldn't even bother bringing them up. It's a just a bonus if it happens. 

• 2 months later...

I'm thrilled about drafting Mack in the 4th. Mack gives us a guy who can help stretch the field, by catching passes out of the back field, and possesses the kind of speed that can take it to the house on every play. (Which is something we haven't had since EJ came here in 99.)

Picking a CB in RD 2 was the right decision to me.

I couldn't help but notice that the list of teams predicted to take Mixon in the 2nd round included 12 teams.    More than a third of the NFL.

And the Bengals were not listed among them.      Ooops!

Sports websites had listed Cincy,  but appparently the wise guys didn't pay attention to them.

It wasn't much of a surprise when the Bengals made Mixon the pick.      Except to Vegas......