Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Malik Hooker [Merge]

danlhart87

1 hour ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Geathers is average at worst, good starter at best. We have no one else that can step in over him, so he's starting 99 times out of 100. 

That's notv something I would put on a resume.

"I'm the only thing they have so they had to start me."

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, masterlock said:

I have to say I am surprised by this pick, especially considering that Reuben Foster was still available. 

I'd say there's more than a decent chance foster wasn't even on the colts board

2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

This was an awesome post.  Glad you shared.  The more I hear about him, the more I like him.  Thanks again!

And THANK YOU for snipping the long post. :)  it gets annoying having to scroll for 5 minutes in between each post (yes I was obviously exaggerating)

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

If the Ball Hawk ain't the best name for a FS that I've heard in a while, slap molasses and call me Susie.

The Ball Hawk.  TBH.  To be honest, best DB to enter the No Fly Zone in quite some time.

Did molasses hurt you, Susie? 

This is a classic BPA pick. I have no idea how so many are questioning it. Hooker is a top 10 talent. Also, who cares if he isn't the world's best tackler? He's going to be playing center field for us, not in the box. We will all be smiling watching him give us the playmaking ability on the defensive side of the ball we haven't had since who knows when...

1 hour ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Wow, how dramatic, Meryl. 

Plus, as much as we'd all love to, we can't claim Hooker to be good yet.

How I've missed peoples reactions to my posts.  Good to be back. 

I'm not saying hooker is good,  your changing my original point. That being is that we need a safety,  so this pick is not as bad as others make it out to be.  He's not proven,  but he definitely has top rated skill and potential. 

26 minutes ago, Amanning7788 said:

I invision a nasty truck or stiff. I felt we needed foster to counter that pick. But Hooker is a great player and good counter for Deshaun Watson and Corey Davis. It sucks that our division picked up 3 of the best offensive players is this draft imo

You cant draft to counter division rivals. You draft to improve the team even if it isnt the biggest need. Getting more turnovers will def help

QBs taking an extra split second to see where Hooker is could give our pass rush that extra split second they need.

i dont onow much about hooker.  Penn state fans speak highly of him i know.  

I'm really warming to the idea came f this "chess piece".

after all, isnt that football.  Using your chess pieces? Belichek thinks so.

31 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

How I've missed peoples reactions to my posts.  Good to be back. 

I'm not saying hooker is good,  your changing my original point. That being is that we need a safety,  so this pick is not as bad as others make it out to be.  He's not proven,  but he definitely has top rated skill and potential. 

I'm sorry but your response about Geathers was way overdramatic.

Anyway, I am not one of the people saying he was a bad pick. I love the pick. I just don't need to downplay our current and previous group of safeties in order to defend it.

7 minutes ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

I was a bit surprised he fell to us at 15. I do have concerns about his durability, but as an overall prospect I think he's the best coverage safety since Earl Thomas. I think he will be great on this defense. 

Hard to question when he started and played every game last year.

17 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

I'm sorry but your response about Geathers was way overdramatic.

Anyway, I am not one of the people saying he was a bad pick. I love the pick. I just don't need to downplay our current and previous group of safeties in order to defend it.

Geathers is Average at worse (he isn't Bad in otherwords IMO), I totally spaced him last night when I was configuring our starters. It was a long night. I think he and Hooker can feed off one another.

21 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Hard to question when he started and played every game last year.

But then had to have surgery.. it's not crazy to be a little worried about his durability. We don't know if he's a durable guy or not, he only played that one year. Let's just hope he stays healthy, no real reason to think otherwise right now. 

5 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

But then had to have surgery.. it's not crazy to be a little worried about his durability. We don't know if he's a durable guy or not, he only played that one year. Let's just hope he stays healthy, no real reason to think otherwise right now. 

You could question just about every starter in the league. The majority of them leave the season with injuries and have surgeries, but it never affected their play. If Malik's injuries had any effect on his play then I would have been a little concerned, but it was non-existent. He was all over the place making plays in the Clemson game.

21 hours ago, deedub75 said:

He misses on so many tackles so he fits right in with the Colts defense. 

I didn't think he missed that many all that is technique anyway I think he gets better heck he only played one season as a starter at Ohio State I think he will fix his issues with that and be a fantastic player for us.

Wow....the Marcus Williams FS- UTAH  "ballhawking" interception highlights look JUST LIKE Malik Hooker's "ballhawking" interception highlights.   Go figure.  

Except his run tackling highlights look much better.

I'll bet the FSs taken in the 3rd round will have some equally nice "ballhawking" interception highlights too.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Wow....the Marcus Williams FS- UTAH  "ballhawking" interception highlights look JUST LIKE Malik Hooker's "ballhawking" interception highlights.   Go figure.  

I'll bet the FSs taken in the 3rd round will have some equally nice "ballhawking" interception highlights too.

You are just a breath of fresh air. Go to bed or eat a Snickers, Mr Cranky.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

EXCEPT he wasn't an All American, had 2 fewer INT's, 3 fewer pick 6's, less tackles and tackles for loss, a higher QBR against him.. I'm sorry what were you saying again?

What makes me sad is I wanted us to draft Landon Collins two years ago, but Grigson drafted Dorsett instead. Having Collins might of changed how we drafted, but thinking about Davis, Wilson, Collins, and Hooker would of been nice. 

Great pick though.