Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What are the Bears doing?

oldunclemark

17 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Trubisky won't sit as the #2 pick 

and Glennon wont sit with a just-signed $15 mil contract, PT

That's my point.  Both are true

and If Glennon turns out to be Troy Aikman's Carolina cousin, the Bears wasted a chance to draft any defensive player other than Myles Garrett...and they gave up 2 picks to waste that chance..

and If Glennon turns out to be Vince Evans and Tribirsky comes in and he proves to be Dak Prescott's Carolina cousin, the Bears still wasted $15 mil (or $30 mi if he stays 2 years) which they could have spent on a DB or a safety or a DE on a LT, all of which they badly need..

..and if neither Glennon or Tribirsky is good this year, John Fox will be making 'Nationwide' commercials in 2018 and the poor GM will be starting his new job as publicity agent for the Bella twins

Its a no-win scenario

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

and Glennon wont sit with a just-signed $15 mil contract, PT

That's my point.  Both are true

and If Glennon turns out to be Troy Aikman's Carolina cousin, the Bears wasted a chance to draft any defensive player other than Myles Garrett...and they gave up 2 picks to waste that chance..

and If Glennon turns out to be Vince Evans and Tribirsky comes in and he proves to be Dak Prescott's Carolina cousin, the Bears still wasted $15 mil (or $30 mi if he stays 2 years) which they could have spent on a DB or a safety or a DE on a LT, all of which they badly need..

..and if neither Glennon or Tribirsky is good this year, John Fox will be making 'Nationwide' commercials in 2018 and the poor GM will be starting his new job as publicity agent for the Bella twins

Its a no-win scenario

Nicely put

8 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Jeff Fisher was strong

Indeed, He knows his QB wasn't ready yet then, like the QB's in this draft (except Watson, but he still has steep learning curve himself.)

"Jeff Fisher, the culprit behind keeping Goff on the bench, has remained unmoved on this issue despite all the success other rookies are having.

“No,” Fisher said on whether there’s pressure to start Goff, via ESPN. “I spoke on that. I'm happy for young quarterbacks when they have success, but we have our own sense of timing here with him.”

Fisher makes a good point. Had it not been for injuries, none of the rookies would be starting. Prescott is in for Romo, Kessler is in for RG3, Jacoby Brissett replaced Jimmy Garoppolo, and Wentz is starting because of Teddy Bridgewater’s injury."

On 4/28/2017 at 9:34 AM, oldunclemark said:

I would agree....and I think they did say that before the draft...

But I thinks its crossed logic to bring in a guy who, in a best case scenario, wont start for 2 years....

...and in a worst case scenario, isn't ready to start, as is evidenced by the fact that you signed a 'bridge QB' to give him 2 years to learn.

They shouldn't start him for one,  then give him the job in 2018.

20 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Maybe but the Bears lose either way..

.......They have glaring needs..left tackle is one...corner is another..

they have just spent a minimum of $17 mil AND the No. 2 pick in the draft for two guys at a positon where you can only play one..

If Glennon is Johnny Unitas, they still passed on every other player in the draft....and they have multiple rat holes in their roster...including that left tackle situation which is critical

If Tribusky is Otto Graham, we wont know because they paid for Glennon....they have already named him the starter.......plapu you gave up 2 draft choices to get a guy they could have picked at No. 3 anyway

....Aaron Rodgers was low first round pick on a good team...that isn't this

This Bears move is a lose-lose proposition...

Not having a franchise Quarterback is a Lose proposition.

On 4/28/2017 at 4:52 PM, Buck Showalter said:

Bears just falling for the oldest trick in the book...

That sneaky, sneaky John Lynch starting those rumors about the Browns doubling down...

If there wasn't competition, the Bears would not have give up so much, and the 49er's would have to back down from asking too much.  There must have been other teams interested. and the Bears decided to end it.

19 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Its 30 mil if he sits 2 years ... ....and you're again missing the point

I'll try again. The point is...again....its a no-win scenario for the Bears

Glennon is committed to start.....They must pay him and they passed on every other player in the draft.

You cant play 2 quarterbacks....they gave up 2 extra picks and maybe more had they traded down

They were 3-13 last year and have multiple holes to fill

But now, either their highest draft choice or their No.1 free agent will sit out every game this year

Whether Glennon is good or bad..the Bears lost money or talent either way...Understand?

They spent 15 million on a potential franchise QB, while drafting another that needs work first.  If one turns out for them, they win.  They only lose if both bust, but they are not in any worse position than they have been since 1985, 2006 vs Colts included (Sexy Rexy had a fluke season and solid D)

No top tier QB, no Super Bowl ring. For the last 24 Super Bowls, these are the QB's, winner and loser. Almost everyone a superb franchise QB, and most will get into the HOF or get recognized by the HOF for potential entry.  Even the few mediocre QB's here had great seasons (and aberration0 that helped their team get there (IE: Brad Johnson - Bucs, etc...).  Dilfer had one of the finest D units ever, and just had to not lose games.  And the game is even more QB slanted now as this time period advanced.  No QB, you lose anyway. Every team without a QB better build the next 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens D, or keep trying to get a franchise QB on the roster.

XXVII     
1/31/93
TROY AIKMAN, Dallas Cowboys     
JIM KELLY, Buffalo Bills

XXVIII     
1/30/94
TROY AIKMAN, Dallas Cowboys
JIM KELLY, Buffalo Bills     

XXIX     
1/29/9
STEVE YOUNG, San Francisco 49ers
Stan Humphries, San Diego Chargers