Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Last Minute, Best Case Scenario Mock 2.0

We trade back with KC... We trade our 1st (15th overall), and a 2018 4th, for their 1st (27th overall), 2nd, and their 5th

1) Takk McKinley EDGE ( Freak athlete. Has the ability to make an impact day 1, and be a double digit sack machine. VERY explosive, Non stop motor, relentless, hard worker, all he wants to do is WIN. Great burst, speed, and athleticism.

2) Tyus Bowser EDGE ( Another really explosive good athlete. Great burst off the line of scrimmage. This kid can be a stud and he's getting better and better. He'll be one of those kids who's WAY better in the NFL than he was in college, even though he was very good in college.

2) Zach Cunningham ILB (Big time talent at ILB. Rangy, sideline-sideline ILB, with great coverage skills. Tackling is an issue but that can be corrected. He has the tools to be a top tier ILB IMO)

3) Joe Mixon RB (Probably the best RB in the class. As I've said. Le'veon Bell version 2. Kid is the real deal, should be future pro bowler IMO)

4) Jourdan Lewis CB (Day 1 starting nickle....Steal, 2RD talent who falls due to off field issues. This kid is legit, and IMO a pretty safe pick in RD4. He's got a little Pacman/Verett/Harris Jr. in him)

4) Gareon Conley CB (HAHA. Another steal, maybe the best corner in the class, would come in and start day 1 and be THE man. Has the skills to be an All Pro, The kid's innocent and being setup and it seems pretty easy to see that...And the reward most definitely outweighs the risk. I mean by far. He has the tools and potential to be a top 15-20 corner in the NFL if not better. Love this kids game. BEAST. You don't get number 1 corners in the 4th RD too often.

4) Alex Anzalone ILB (Injuries will push him down, but when 100, this kid has major potential. Fast and athletic, has the tools to be an all around starting ILB)

5) Robert Davis WR (Small school kid with BIG TIME upside. Height, weight, speed kid who I have no idea why isn't being considered a 3rd RD talent.

5)  Jalen Reeves Maybin ILB (Another big time potential kid who'll fall due to injuries. If he can stay healthy he has the talent to develop into a very good starting ILB. Like a Deion Jones type.

Bottom line is this...Say what you want. But this draft would be like 3 drafts in 1. It would make us instant SB contenders. We're talking about 4-5 1st RD caliber talents here who would come in and start day 1. We have to take advantage of all this if we wanna be a SB contender from here out, and with what all has happened with this class. Its out golden opportunity. Again. This draft would make us a SB contender, top 4-5 team RIGHT NOW.

Inagine this.... Assuming most of these kids pan out, and with most being 1st-2nd RD talents they should. We could have 4-5 day 1 starting rookies here.

DL Kendall Langford - Jonathan Hankins - Henry Anderson

LB's for next 8-9 years - Takk McKinley - Alex Anzalone - Zach Cunningham - Tyus Bowser...Plus Jabaal Sheard, and John Simon at OLB for the next couple years. Sean Spence at ILB. Sheard or Simon one would start over Bowser PROBABLY this year, and I doubt any of our current ILB's beat out Alex and Zach as they're top tier talents.

CB's now Gareon Conley, Vontae Davis, Jourdan Lewis

bottom line is this right here ^^^^^^^ Is a top 8-10 defense THIS YEAR.

5 minutes ago, BOTT said:

For what it's worth, Polian reportedly loves McKinley

Yeah. I love him too. I wouldn't be mad with any of Takk/Charlton/Harris.....I wouldn't really like Barnett as I don't see him putting up the sack numbers as those 3 freak athletes, but he's still gonna be a very good player, and IMO a really safe pick. But I want one of Bowser, Williams, Basham, Willis, or Lawson in the 2nd too. We need to double up on EDGE, FIX that problem so we wont have to worry about it for the next 8-9 years other than a solid backup or 2.