Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My pick: Derek Barnett

Just now, BR-549 said:

I am no one but I would be fine with him.  Everyone in the draft can be picked apart, hell they are only a few years removed from HS.  

The letter he wrote is nice and all, but it is just his sales pitch, although he does seem motivated within his words in the letter and on the field.

We can't get lost in the idea that whoever we draft is going to make an instant difference and realize that they all will need time to develop.  Doesn't mean there won't be some exciting play and results at times, just that all of them will need a lot of coaching (hope we have the right people for that).  Even Myles will need some tuning up.  

Lucky for us this is, according to the pros, a deep draft which makes me feel like it would be pretty hard to make a bad pick.... barring something completely stupid.  I really just hope it is defense.... I mean it has to be right?

We are all no one. Beauty of the internet. On your last point, I am of the opinion that you take the player who improves your team the most, no matter of position. If that is Foster, McCaffery, Fournette, Harris, King or whoever I don't know. But I just hope we don't pass on someone special.

4 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

I am no one but I would be fine with him.  Everyone in the draft can be picked apart, hell they are only a few years removed from HS.  

The letter he wrote is nice and all, but it is just his sales pitch, although he does seem motivated within his words in the letter and on the field.

We can't get lost in the idea that whoever we draft is going to make an instant difference and realize that they all will need time to develop.  Doesn't mean there won't be some exciting play and results at times, just that all of them will need a lot of coaching (hope we have the right people for that).  Even Myles will need some tuning up.  

Lucky for us this is, according to the pros, a deep draft which makes me feel like it would be pretty hard to make a bad pick.... barring something completely stupid.  I really just hope it is defense.... I mean it has to be right?

Yes it will be defense. The Colts now have a competent GM that sees clear deficiencies

Just now, backshoulderfade said:

We are all no one. Beauty of the internet. On your last point, I am of the opinion that you take the player who improves your team the most, no matter of position. If that is Foster, McCaffery, Fournette, Harris, King or whoever I don't know. But I just hope we don't pass on someone special.

Yes yes yes.... I think so too, I just really want us to get our defense going.  What is the stat, something like 23-2 when we hold other teams to <21 points....

Nothing more fun than watching a really good offense, but our defense is so depleted.  Much better now but still needs work.

So to your point, I am perfectly fine with the offensive guys you named too.

36 minutes ago, Superman said:

No you didn't. Barnett is a consensus top 15 player in this draft. 

So was Bjeorn Werner. Now that's an hyperbole but Barnett will not excel in our system. If you want to take him fine, just realize in a 3-4 hes either only in situational packages or will be put in situations that make him a liability. He'll never reach his full potential as an OLB