Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tredavious White or Kevin King

Due to Conley dropping, and the fact I think Foster and Reddick will go now before 15, I think you are going to see the Colts take Tredavious White or Kevin King. It may be a bit early, but they both fit what Ballard wants in a corner. If Reddick or Foster is there, I would hope it is one of those two due to the CB depth, but don't be surprised. I would not be unhappy about it, since I have liked White all along, and feel if the Colts don't take him another team will in the 1st, and don't be surprised if King goes in the first due to his versatility.

8 minutes ago, loudnproudcolt said:

Due to Conley dropping, and the fact I think Foster and Reddick will go now before 15, I think you are going to see the Colts take Tredavious White or Kevin King. It may be a bit early, but they both fit what Ballard wants in a corner. If Reddick or Foster is there, I would hope it is one of those two due to the CB depth, but don't be surprised. I would not be unhappy about it, since I have liked White all along, and feel if the Colts don't take him another team will in the 1st, and don't be surprised if King goes in the first due to his versatility.

This would easily be the worst pick of any team in the draft if it happened. Lets pray it doesn't.

Drafting either one might go against Ballard`s BPA approach. I don`t see either being the BPA come the Colts pick. However I posted the other day, I think we will be very surprised who is selected if picking at 15. Super excited!

Just now, MPStack said:

Drafting either one might go against Ballard`s BPA approach. I don`t see either being the BPA come the Colts pick. However I posted the other day, I think we will be very surprised who is selected if picking at 15. Super excited!

I'm excited, but worried. There's a lot of ways to screw this pick up, and I'm hoping Ballard does something sensible.

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm excited, but worried. There's a lot of ways to screw this pick up, and I'm hoping Ballard does something sensible.

If I was Ballard, I`d stay at 15 and draft the BPA regardless of position other than WR. There are players at that range they have a very good idea will be good at the next level. I wouldn`t gamble with my 1st pick as GM period. He should practice what he preaches with the BPA approach and I think he will. He added some good depth in FA, but they won`t all be filled in this draft, even with a trade down. That`s why I have no problem with say F. Lamp. I think Lamp is plug and play. Just my two cents.  

1 minute ago, Archer said:

The only consensus we are privy to is "sports bar 1diot" consensus.  I think King could be the BPA at #15, b/c he is a better athlete than any of the others we are talking about.

Some scouts say he`s the most overrated prospect in the draft and that scares me. Who knows?

Just now, MPStack said:

If I was Ballard, I`d stay at 15 and draft the BPA regardless of position other than WR. There are players at that range they have a very good idea will be good at the next level. I would gamble with my 1st pick as GM period. He should practice what he preaches with the BPA approach and I think he will. He added some good depth in FA, but they won`t all be filled in this draft, even with a trade down. That`s why I have no problem with say F. Lamp. I think Lamp is plug and play. Just my two cents.  

I really have no read on the teams after Lamp (16-20 if we traded down with Denver), otherwise, it may be a good idea to pull the trigger if he's there and move down an additional 5 spots. The thing that would concern me, is it seems McCaffrey may go top 10, and if that's true, and the Broncos know that's true, than they be interested in an O-Lineman instead of McCaffrey, and it could be Lamp. So trading down in itself is a risk now as well. Lamp at 15 isn't value, but neither was Kelly and we got a solid, safe player that worked out.

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Some scouts say he`s the most overrated prospect in the draft and that scares me. Who knows?

I wouldn't take King until the 3rd round in this CB class, especially with Conley back in the 1st round discussion. He may be closer to the 15th best CB available than the 15th best player available IMO.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I wouldn't take King until the 3rd round in this CB class, especially with Conley back in the 1st round discussion. He may be closer to the 15th best CB available than the 15th best player available IMO.

Agreed on King. I still wouldn`t pull the trigger on Conley at the moment. I think Tankersley or Griffin will be names to watch come round 2-3.   

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

Agreed on King. I still wouldn`t pull the trigger on Conley at the moment. I think Tankersley or Griffin will be names to watch come round 2-3.   

Yeah, I'm hoping someone takes Conley before us tonight. That would let another player fall. Tankersley would be fantastic in the 2nd or 3rd, Shaquill Griffin would be a bit early on day 2 for me in this class, but we'll see.

14 minutes ago, Archer said:

The only consensus we are privy to is "sports bar 1diot" consensus.  I think King could be the BPA at #15, b/c he is a better athlete than any of the others we are talking about.

I think in that case you trade down. I'm hoping Malik hooker falls to us and we get him! 

Just now, krunk said:

I don't know if I agree.  King is a pretty good cover man and has great size/speed, maybe needs to work on his tackling, but I can see him on the back end of the 1st round or in the second round.

2nd round I could fathom, but this CB class is too deep with better CB's and more ready CB's to take a "project" CB in the 1st or anywhere close. That's how you get a 1st round bust, and we can't afford that in Ballard's first year as GM.

Hooker will fall more than we think IMO. I think there's a small chance he even falls to 15.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

2nd round I could fathom, but this CB class is too deep with better CB's and more ready CB's to take a "project" CB in the 1st or anywhere close. That's how you get a 1st round bust, and we can't afford that in Ballard's first year as GM.

I'm not sure if the Tennessee Titans would have that same mindset.  They are desperate for secondary help.   Wouldn't be surprised if they had a high grade on him.

Just now, krunk said:

I'm not sure if the Tennessee Titans would have that same mindset.  They are desperate for secondary help.   Wouldn't be surprised if they had a high grade on him.

I actually think the Titans would take Jamal Adams over him. If Adams is gone, then they could very well take Hooker though.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Barnett, he is far and away BPA in any situation. Elite pass rusher IMO.

I haven't really studied any of the prospects in this draft so I was hoping to hear from a few people who have so thanks :)

1 minute ago, Colt Overseas said:

Neither as they wont be BPA. Id take Cordea Tankersly in the 2nd.

If Tankersly can minimize his hand usage (illegal contact) he has the size, strength, and length to be very good. His flaws are coachable. I like him.

Just now, J@son said:

I haven't really studied any of the prospects in this draft so I was hoping to hear from a few people who have so thanks :)

No problem, if we can grab an elite pass rusher in the 1st round, we do so. Just never know what will happen in the next 31 picks. When it's also BPA, that's a no-brainer. :) 

No problem, if we can grab an elite pass rusher in the 1st round, we do so. Just never know what will happen in the next 31 picks. When it's also BPA, that's a no-brainer. :) 

Right. My hope is for an ILB in round 1 and,pass rusher in round 2 because I think a 2nd round OLB is generally better than a 2nd round ILB but OLB is my very close backup plan :)

Just now, J@son said:

Right. My hope is for an ILB in round 1 and,pass rusher in round 2 because I think a 2nd round OLB is generally better than a 2nd round ILB but OLB is my very close backup plan :)

Either one works. I think a combo of Reddick and Watt or Reddick and Lawson can work very well for us. There's no guarantees. I'd just hate to miss out on a pass rusher again.

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I actually think the Titans would take Jamal Adams over him. If Adams is gone, then they could very well take Hooker though.

Adams will probably be gone to the Bears or Jets I think.