Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who is your favorite for Round 1 - Pick 15?

1 minute ago, AmberDerrow said:

Us here at the Colts Complex would love to know who the favorites are in the forum. If you could share your favorite prospect for pick 15 below, that would be awesome!

I don't think there is a consensus.   I think the overwhelming majority want a defensive stud.   So bpa on the defensive side of the ball.   I would like Reuben Foster,  but I'm not sure how the diluted test effects his stock.

I like Forrest Lamp a lot, adding him to the O.Line to pair up with Kelly would really help protect Andrew better. #1 priority is protecting our QB. If we go Defense I like Hassan Reddick, I think he would make a quick solid impact for our Defense. We need all the defensive help we can get and until we build a better a Defense I don't see us getting back to the AFC Title Game for a while.

I would prefer a trade down, but if not then I believe the smartest choice is either Foster, Reddick, or the best Pass Rusher available. Then follow that up with either the best ILB or OLB (Whichever wasn't taken in the first) in round 2 and Gareon Conley in the 3rd.

4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Foster or Reddick are my first choices, if they are gone I'd love a trade down and pick up a Takk McKinley or Charles Harris.

I'm a big fan of Takk. Would be interested to see if Ballard takes a chance on Foster if he does fall to 15. 

20 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't think there is a consensus.   I think the overwhelming majority want a defensive stud.   So bpa on the defensive side of the ball.   I would like Reuben Foster,  but I'm not sure how the diluted test effects his stock.

I really don't care about diluted sample. As long as he's not Josh Gordon. Tunsil and Bell did fine last year.

4 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Lamp Bennett Conley
I do not like the odds of Foster`s body holding up. lol

Of the various red flags on him, that is the one that is the most concerning - both with his shoulders and his playing weight.

I would think if we stay at #15 the BPA will be a defensive player, and that also fits into our need.  But, trading down into the 20's and picking up a 2nd round pick would still get us a very good player in the first and also add another piece in the 2nd round.  Ballard and the Colts need players, so the more we can draft, the better.

9 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

i would hate to pass up on a stud like dalvin for a need 

Colts have needs everywhere and there are better BPA`s than D. Cook to choose from. The kid has a lot of Red Flags as well. No thanks. Just my two cents!

45 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Each time I watch Lamp against Alabama, I want him a little more.

But damn Foster would be awesome.

The way I look at is that Lamp would undoubtedly be an upgrade on the O Line, but how much of one is debatable.  We have a lot of potential on the roster now.

I think Foster is a huge upgrade, and could be a force for the next 10 years.

But I'll be happy with the BPA.

24 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Get Mixon later, fix defense now.

i'm fine with that but only value i see at 15 and has a chance to be there and is not a reach is conley and reuben but if they are not there i don't want to settle for a charles harris or a takk good athletes but not worth a 15th pick IMPO

1 minute ago, MarquisJ said:

i'm fine with that but only value i see at 15 and has a chance to be there and is not a reach is conley and reuben but if they are not there i don't want to settle for a charles harris or a takk good athletes but not worth a 15th pick IMPO

Yeah but if you need to use it on another unsexy pick like Lamp then you do it. Better safe than sorry.

2 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Yeah but if you need to use it on another unsexy pick like Lamp then you do it. Better safe than sorry.

idk how many super bowls you can win being "better safe than sorry" LOL all jokes aside i'd be okay with Lamp