Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jamaal Charles

Its draft eve and I can't help but think a lot about this FA RB. I 100% expect us to add a RB through the draft, just not as early as the media and some fans would like. A lot of physical down hill backs in the later part of round 4 and I think thats where we will find our guy. I'd love to add Jamaal as our scat back getting limited touches and only getting the ball in optimal scenarios... Outside pitches, strechtes, counters, screens, and even in the slot. 20 touches max a game. The contract will be similar to APs, I'm looking for a 1 year deal worth UP TO 4 mil. 2.5 Guaranteed and his incentive will not be performance or stats based but based on the number of games played in. If he plays in all 16 or he's healthy for all 16 he gets all 4. 

59 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

IMO he is done. It's been forever since he has had an impact on any game.

Yeah, I gotta agree with ya.  Charles would be great if he wasn't so hurt all the time.  I think he would be on somebody's roster already if he were still like he used to be, let alone ours due to Ballard.

I really liked JC and hope he finds luck whenever he goes.  I wouldn't be upset if they took a little gamble on him though I think the Colts will find a RB in the draft and Charles can probably find a better fit somewhere else.

These last two years of injures have really put his career at a grinding halt.  I really thought his career was heading towards hof caliber career status but these last two years have been brutal.  Wish him the best going forward.