Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts trade up for McCaffrey?

37 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

His 3 cone was impressive. But he's only 200 pounds and basically ran a 4.5, and put up 10 reps on the bench press. Lol. 

Schefter just tweeted - One NFL GM said Christian McCaffrey "had the best combine workout I've seen. Ever." It's one reason McCaffrey likely to go in top 10. 

Methinks your judgement is clouded by what you want the Colts to do - or in this case not do.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yeah,  He is no fournette,  That's for sure

He's built like a slot wideout. 

35 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

Putting lol at the end of all your posts pertaining running backs doesn't your opinion on them more credence. 

You really felt the need to quote me and say that?

L o L

3 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Schefter just tweeted - One NFL GM said Christian McCaffrey "had the best combine workout I've seen. Ever." It's one reason McCaffrey likely to go in top 10. 

Methinks your judgement is clouded by what you want the Colts to do - or in this case not do.

Like I said. 200 pounds and basically a 4.5. 10 reps. Its my opinion, you and Shefter don't have to agree. 

3 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

He's built like a slot wideout. 

You really felt the need to quote me and say that?

L o L

Like I said. 200 pounds and basically a 4.5. 10 reps. Its my opinion, you and Shefter don't have to agree. 

It was not Schefter saying it.  He was quoting a GM in the league and his professional opinion directly refutes your thoughts.  

Like I said - the thought of a RB in the first for the Colts is so distasteful to you that you seem to be inventing reasons that it won't happen.  

10 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

It was not Schefter saying it.  He was quoting a GM in the league and his professional opinion directly refutes your thoughts.  

Like I said - the thought of a RB in the first for the Colts is so distasteful to you that you seem to be inventing reasons that it won't happen.  

Literally all I did was list his measurables. And it's literally nothing but rumors right now. Stop quoting and trying to argue with me based off your assumption lmao. 

Just now, Majin Vegeta said:

Literally all I did was list his measurables. And it's literally nothing but rumors right now. Stop quoting and trying to argue with me lmao.

Oh Dear God...

So you would prefer that only those who agree with your takes quote you?  

14 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

GM's thought JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf would be good NFL QB's too..

1 minute ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

GM's thought JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf would be good NFL QB's too..

For sure.  It is an art and not an exact science.  And this GM could very well be wrong regarding McCaffrey.  But his saying that the McCaffrey workout he saw was the best that he ever witnessed is a pretty strong statement.  And I only mentioned because it directly refuted Majin's attempt to minimize his workout.

55 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

For sure.  It is an art and not an exact science.  And this GM could very well be wrong regarding McCaffrey.  But his saying that the McCaffrey workout he saw was the best that he ever witnessed is a pretty strong statement.  And I only mentioned because it directly refuted Majin's attempt to minimize his workout.

Everyone Lies This time of year. Everyone.

That said, I have an odd suspicion we get McCaffrey at 15.

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If we traded up for McCaffrey, I wouldn't watch football this year, that's how much of a disaster it would be. Basically a better Darren Sproles that this coaching staff would misuse anyway.

I see him being a slot receiver. Who gets 5-6 carries a game, and some end around's, kick/punt returns.....Heck no. 2nd RD talent, who IMO will be good, but not worth even a 1st RD pick. We have WAY too many needs to give up picks unless its for a Von Miller, Kahlil Mack type talent.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't care much about the comments  about Jersey sales.....          

What-Freaking-Ever!!

But I do care about the comments implying McCaffrey won't be successful simply because he's white.

How is that different from saying that a quarterback can't be successful if he's white.    And while that's not said very much anymore,  in my lifetime (I'm now 60) that was a commonly held belief.     

You judge on talent and character,  not skin.

As I've said in other posts,  if McCaffrey disappoints, or is even a flat-out bust,  it won't be because he's white.   It'll be because he's hurt or is used badly.

Come on now....

Who said he was going to fail because he's white?