Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts trade up for McCaffrey?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind McCaffrey ... makes way too much sense for the Colts... the problem is... I don't like trading up to get him. If he falls and you love him, take him at 15. Don't waste valuable draft capital.

For what it's worth, the source is an ex-blogger with less than 3K subs who is not working for any media right now. What's the chance he of all people would have an insider info on what the Colts are doing when he's never broken any news on the Colts before? My guess is this is #fakenews.

WOW, I like McCaffrey, but really? Our defense is what holds us back, not our offense. I get we need a back and he is one of the best in the draft, but if we trade up (presumably to #7 ahead of the panthers) then I feel we could get a GREAT defensive player at that position. I could understand that, but for a RB? I doubt it holds any weight, especially about what Ballard said about finding backs about anywhere in the draft.

2 minutes ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

I hope it doesn't happen. I like McCaffrey but there are bigger needs and trading up is dumb. I'll just cross my fingers!

As I said above - the source is an ex-blogger with less than 3K subs who is not working for any media right now. What's the chance he of all people would have an insider info on what the Colts are doing when he's never broken any news on the Colts before? My guess is this is #fakenews.

19 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I pray the mods shut the forum down atleast a week to avoid a lot "expressive language" if that happened

For the record, I wouldn't mind if McCaffrey was drafted by the Colts. He's an exciting player.

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

I like Holder a lot, he's a good writer, but he's wrong quite a bit when it comes to speculating about the Colts. He basically flat out said that the Hankins deal was dead in the water, and he ended up signing the next day. I'm just not going to believe anything I hear at this point about what the Colts intentions are in the first round, it's all just noise.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'd fire Ballard before the second round started.

My reaction to it would be completely dependent on what they give up in the trade. If they trade the #15, and say, Philiip Dorsett, I could easily live with that. But if they package multiple picks to move up 5 or 6 measly spots in a loaded draft, I'll be not so happy.

11 minutes ago, MTC said:

For the record, I wouldn't mind if McCaffrey was drafted by the Colts. He's an exciting player.

I agree, but everyone is so anti-rb in the first and to trade up for one is like putting gas on the fire

21 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

My reaction to it would be completely dependent on what they give up in the trade. If they trade the #15, and say, Philiip Dorsett, I could easily live with that. But if they package multiple picks to move up 5 or 6 measly spots in a loaded draft, I'll be not so happy.

If it was under those conditions, I'd take one of the Safties or the CB over McCaffrey.

Just now, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Because they allegedly really like McCaffery too.

It still makes no sense to me? How us presenting the image that we love McCaffrey to the point of wanting to trade up would make another team think they can make us trade down so they can get McCaffrey?

I thought Denver might be trading up to get O-Lineman.

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

It still makes no sense to me? How us presenting the image that we love McCaffrey to the point of wanting to trade up would make another team think they can make us trade down so they can get McCaffrey?

I don't think any rumor is going to make much sense between now and the beginning of the draft. Too much misinformation and GMs playing coy with the media.

22 minutes ago, stitches said:

if they want him badly enough this would make them trade with us so we dont take him first

i doubt he actually goes in the top 10, but he might before denver picks

27 minutes ago, stitches said:

Word out of Denver has been that they don't like the OL in this draft... #lyingseason

Everybody knows how I feel about drafting RBs early in the draft. 

But I really, really like McCaffrey, and think he's exactly the kind of back we need. If I were running the draft for the Colts, I'd be so conflicted. I am 99% sure I would not draft him in the first round, but that 1% is a very dominant 1%.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Everybody knows how I feel about drafting RBs early in the draft. 

But I really, really like McCaffrey, and think he's exactly the kind of back we need. If I were running the draft for the Colts, I'd be so conflicted. I am 99% sure I would not draft him in the first round, but that 1% is a very dominant 1%.

He is the perfect back we have been looking for.  A scat back to the extreme!

I'm not crazy about giving up draft choices.

BUT, I think people are getting a little defense-miopic here. Yes, our defense has been bad. Yes, we'd love to have it be better. 

But let's think about impact. If the defensive player you're looking at IS NOT a double-digit NFL sacker; if the corner or safety you're looking at doesn't increase turnovers, they're not going to have the same impact as a dude who scores more touchdowns and creates mismatches the offense can exploit.

What's that old saying? "The best defense is a good offense."

AND, there will be players to pick in the third and fourth rounds that could be just as good at sacking QBs ---- Bowswer, Hendrickson, Basham, Rivers, etc. 

Mccaffrey could be a chess piece. Mate

I do like Christian McCaffrey. I believe he's gonna be a great player for any team. But 1st round pick? Not with all these great defensive players. If the Colts trade up, I agree with getting Malik Hooker. That guy is really good. But if McCaffrey were to fall to the 2nd round, I would definitely pick him