Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard's kind f

If you listened to Ballard he explained what he's looking for in a cornerback. He looks for size speed and a history taking the ball away. If you use that criteria here is a list of CB's we are probably looking at. 

Tankersly 6'1 199lbs 9ints

Conley 6' 195lbs 4.44 

Griffin 6 194lbs 4.38 6int's

King 6'3 200lbs 4.43 6 int's

Allen 6'2 215lbs 5int's 

I was thinking Kevin King when he said that. Obviously Conley may not even be drafted anymore or I'd throw him in there as well. The question is do we go ahead and draft King (or another one of these corners) with the 15th pick if no one wants to trade up. I guess it depends on who really is the best player available on Ballard's board.

You can probably add Quincy Wilson to this list. He's 6ft 1, 4.54 forty, 3 ints in 49 targets in 2016 per PFF. 

I think we are better off drafting the ilb, or edge rusher in Rd1 and taking one of these corners in rd 2.

42 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Ballard's kind f

Boy my curiosity was higher than it's been in a while when I saw that thread title lol.

To your post...interesting bit of information. Thanks for putting it together and sharing :)

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

If you listened to Ballard he explained what he's looking for in a cornerback. He looks for size speed and a history taking the ball away. If you use that criteria here is a list of CB's we are probably looking at. 

Tankersly 6'1 199lbs 9ints

Conley 6' 195lbs 4.44 

Griffin 6 194lbs 4.38 6int's

King 6'3 200lbs 4.43 6 int's

Allen 6'2 215lbs 5int's 

I think it will end up between Kevin King, Q

uincy Wilson, Akhello Witherspoon, and Shaq

uille Griffin. Kevin King I'd like to have.

37 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think it will end up between Kevin King, Q

uincy Wilson, Akhello Witherspoon, and Shaq

uille Griffin. Kevin King I'd like to have.

My computer flipped on me this isn't the completed post. I think it depends on trades. Tankersly is someone Ballard has to at least noticed. He checks all his boxes. The only one you have listed that I can't get behind is Witherspoon. He looks like he's afraid to tackle. It's really bad almost like he's doing it intentionally but he's not. 

I like King but he's going early I think.  I like White at 46 or trade back and take Tankersly. I really like Howard in the 4th and Kazee after seeing how often that kid took the ball away.  Ford is a day 3 guy I like ran 4.3 at the combine plays S but can drop in the slot. We were tied to him early. 

It's hilarious, everyone on this forum knows I'm not big on Tyus Bowser...

Last night I had a dream where Bowser showed up wanting to play for the team, unannounced, in the 2nd round of the draft. And funny enough, Cordrea Tankersly and Arkello Witherspoon had to show him out.

50242-Mario_&_Luigi_-_Bowser's_Inside_St

4 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I was thinking Kevin King when he said that. Obviously Conley may not even be drafted anymore or I'd throw him in there as well. The question is do we go ahead and draft King (or another one of these corners) with the 15th pick if no one wants to trade up. I guess it depends on who really is the best player available on Ballard's board.

My gut says the same, although if they go ahead and trade back to the 20's I think they could still get King.  Just IMHO.  But if they stay at 15 I think they know that's maybe a little too high for him and they take a guy like Foster, Reddick, Harris, etc. instead.  No inside info, just my gut feeling.  Could still get a big, fast CB in Wilson in the 2nd maybe, or go S and get the huge Melifonwu and hope Jones is there in the 3rd?

9 hours ago, akcolt said:

My computer flipped on me this isn't the completed post. I think it depends on trades. Tankersly is someone Ballard has to at least noticed. He checks all his boxes. The only one you have listed that I can't get behind is Witherspoon. He looks like he's afraid to tackle. It's really bad almost like he's doing it intentionally but he's not. 

I like King but he's going early I think.  I like White at 46 or trade back and take Tankersly. I really like Howard in the 4th and Kazee after seeing how often that kid took the ball away.  Ford is a day 3 guy I like ran 4.3 at the combine plays S but can drop in the slot. We were tied to him early. 

Tankersly has the speed but they didn't really play man coverage at Clemson.  It was more press bail and off coverage.   That's probably part of the issue, but he is a good player.   I mentioned Witherspoon because they brought him in for a top 30 visit and he's super tall and lanky like they like. Neither King nor Witherspoon are great tacklers, but I think King is more polished than Witherspoon.  Kazee can take the ball away but he's sort of small.  Tough little fella though.

There are quit a few CB's with some good height and size this year.  You also have some with great speed and are looking to be drafted later in the mid 3 and 4th rounds.  Rasual Douglas is another decent guy with size.  He is 6'2'' and 209 pounds.  Also had 9 INT's so I can see this guy as a good possibility in the 3rd or 4th.

Idk how I feel about the super tall corners like King and Witherspoon. Typically bigger corners have trouble flipping their hips and are thus vulnerable to occasionally getting beat deep like Sherman against Roddy White in 2012 divisional round. That's why Sherman plays in off coverage and self admittedly doesn't guard small receivers well. I'd take Tankersly, Awuzie, or Tankersly.