Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's Draft Week, who's your prediction?

My wish list is Foster, Jarrad Davis, or Charles Harris. I'd be happy with any of them at 15. 

My prediction would actually be a darkhorse pick. Kevin King. I think he checks off everything CB is looking for and the media has been catching on to his stock in the past week or so. I could see him being very high on the Colts' board.

Just now, BleedBlu8792 said:

Big difference in being accused and being guilty...

Unfortunately, this close to the draft, it really doesn't matter. He won't have time to be proved innocent or guilty in two days, and we will be a huge loser in this. Can't draft him, and it'll affect who we get BPA wise with another top player off the board.

Just now, BCoop said:

My wish list is Foster, Jarrad Davis, or Charles Harris. I'd be happy with any of them at 15. 

My prediction would actually be a darkhorse pick. Kevin King. I think he checks off everything CB is looking for and the media has been catching on to his stock in the past week or so. I could see him being very high on the Colts' board.

I wrote about this in another thread. In this deep CB class, I don't want King earlier than the 3rd round. He shouldn't go anywhere near the 1st. A completely overrated player.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Unfortunately, this close to the draft, it really doesn't matter. He won't have time to be proved innocent or guilty in two days, and we will be a huge loser in this. Can't draft him, and it'll affect who we get BPA wise with another top player off the board.

Sad but true

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I wrote about this in another thread. In this deep CB class, I don't want King earlier than the 3rd round. He shouldn't go anywhere near the 1st. A completely overrated player.

I'm honestly not that familiar with him. I'm only going off the vibe I've been getting reading different outlets this week. 

Combine that with the fact there was a guy a few weeks back claiming to have connections in the Colts war room stating King was in CB's top 10, and that's why he's my darkhorse pick. 99% chance it's probably someone else. I'm just opting to go against the grain with my prediction.

Just now, BCoop said:

I'm honestly not that familiar with him. I'm only going off the vibe I've been getting reading different outlets this week. 

Combine that with the fact there was a guy a few weeks back claiming to have connections in the Colts war room stating King was in CB's top 10, and that's why he's my darkhorse pick. 99% chance it's probably someone else. I'm just opting to go against the grain with my prediction.

Honestly, I want a good player over a good athlete. This is why the players I have picked for us over the last 5 years have all hit in the 1st round. I pick players who are great at football, not are great athletes with great measureables that are raw to the game. Ryan Kelly is a perfect example of this. Kevin King is a 3rd round football player that got a spike in stock due to his combine and pro day. There's a high chance he busts IMO.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I'm guessing Lamp more and more. but I can see us going in about 12 directions so who knows

It's a new position to be in, where it could be so many different people.  With few exceptions, I think we can usually narrow it down to at least position, if not player.

I'm hoping Barnett slips to us...but I am good with really any non QB or WR.  Well not any, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Cook, Lamp, a CB, all fine.

Just now, MPStack said:

I stated in another thread that I think Ballard tabs someone most won`t expect. So, I`m going with Obi Melifonwu. I hope not though, at least nowhere near 15. 

I like Obi a lot, but not enough to take him at 15. He's a guy who I would love at 45, hate at 15. Unfortunately, he won't make it to 45.

Just now, ColtsBlitz said:

They should make a Law and Order episode based off of this draft for all of these accused prospects. So many this year it's unbelievable. 

Unfortunately, Foster and Conley hurt us greatly. It might not affect who we choose, but at the very least, it could of destroyed any chance we had of trading down and now we have to pick someone like Lamp or Harris at 15 just to get them there.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Unfortunately, Foster and Conley hurt us greatly. It might not affect who we choose, but at the very least, it could of destroyed any chance we had of trading down and now we have to pick someone like Lamp or Harris at 15 just to get them there.

And of course all of the accused are on defense at positions we need.

Im gonna put my money on a few situations.

If we stay put at 15, its to pick up Barnett, Foster, Allen, or CmC

If none of those are available at 15, then we trade down (giving up some of the exchange because its a trade down type year) and draft Jarrad Davis or Charles Harris.

With the depth at CB (should be able to find a plug and play starter in 2nd and 3rd rounds) and the Conley situation, I say we don't go with CB in the first round unless Lattimore somehow drops.

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

With two days left, the only pick I can see us taking right now is Charles Harris. If Derek Barnett falls to us, then we take him over Harris. I just don't see Reddick falling to 15 anymore.

The top picks getting in trouble, Barnett falling to us is next to Impossible