Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sidney Jones medical report was released tweeted by Ian Rapoport.

So its basically saying a 4-6 month timescale, meaning he could return by September, or worst November (according to his doctor).

I have to say if he is there in the second, and we haven't already taken a corner, I'd definitely be for pulling the trigger. He's a potential pro bowl level corner.

1 hour ago, Colt Overseas said:

Sidney Jones medical report was released tweeted by Ian Rapoport.

So its basically saying a 4-6 month timescale, meaning he could return by September, or worst November (according to his doctor).

I have to say if he is there in the second, and we haven't already taken a corner, I'd definitely be for pulling the trigger. He's a potential pro bowl level corner.

I would honestly trade back with the Saints at 31 possibly for great extra pick value and then take Sidney Jones with 31. Missing on him would be dissapointing

Edit: Or maybe the Saints 2nd... depends on where you guys think he would be available. I'm still trying to decide who would take him so early in the 2nd. Any ideas?

26 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I would honestly trade back with the Saints at 31 possibly for great extra pick value and then take Sidney Jones with 31. Missing on him would be dissapointing

Edit: Or maybe the Saints 2nd... depends on where you guys think he would be available. I'm still trying to decide who would take him so early in the 2nd. Any ideas?

Browns could be one as they are not win now and have two 2nd round picks. Id say its a 50pc chance probably at most he is available for us in the 2nd after this medical. The kid is going to play this year and while he may not be able to make much impact at first, he will get experience that will stand to him and be ready to ball out from the start in 2018.

Its he's there in the 2nd by all means, I'm not making him my #1 pick. He's not a guarantee, yes he seems to be healing very well but that just begins the rehab process. He won't be ready to play at the beginning of this year and maybe the whole year. If he's at #46 fantastic if not take another stud CB who will be sitting there. Fabian Monreau, Chodibe Awuzie, hell I wouldn't be mad if we took Gareon Conley in the 2nd as long as we know enough about his incident. Sidney's my top guy but the world will not end if he's gone. 

This tells me very little.  It appears to be an attempt to get some positive news out prior to the draft.  Yes, the surgery was uncomplicated and the rehab is going "very well".  Surgical notes would help.  Very little will be known until he can start training (running and RT) and his rehab will likely push back his return until the second half of the season (or later).  Very few athletes come back from Achilles tendon surgery as fast and as explosive as they were before.  Could his skill level return to make him a first round draft choice after the surgery, yes.  Could he be a player that struggles to make the 53 man roster, yes.