Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gareon Conley accused of sexual assault (edit)

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Not if there is not a sample to match

He is an person of interest, the sole accusation seems enough to an court order(because of the Rape Kit they have to match it) and you can't delay one of those(the lawyer that said he wasn't gonna make available his client before the draft), i don't want to speculate but again the whole thing seems shady.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

This stuff happens every draft where just a few days before the draft, some big allegation is reported about a high draft pick. It's coming down to the need to have these athletes requiring a signed consent form to have sex or sex like acts before moving forward. If it's found true, he deserves to be dealt with by the law, if found to be false, the woman accusing rape needs severely punished equally. 

Agreed

• Superman changed the title to Gareon Conley accused of sexual assault (edit)

Unfortunately I cannot see this being resolved before the draft. I feel like Conley just got majorly screwed. The only thing left to know is if fairly or unfairly. I can't see a team drafting him anywhere in the draft with this one hanging over his head.

I wonder if his legal team will recommend that he give up his DNA now to try and clear the matter.   (This assumes that Conley is innocent and has nothing to hide.)

But if he gives it up and there's a match,  he's in big trouble.

But if he gives it up and there's no match,   then she's in big trouble for making a false charge....

6 minutes ago, Jact.stark said:

He is an person of interest, the sole accusation seems enough to an court order(because of the Rape Kit they have to match it) and you can't delay one of those(the lawyer that said he wasn't gonna make available his client before the draft), i don't want to speculate but again the whole thing seems shady.

Just saying that the April 9th Date is hard to use if Gc's sample was unavailable 

And

I agree this is very shady but not sure who is blocking the sun

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am taking Lamp at 15 and calling it a day lmao. Luck would love the pick and I would too. Build that O.Line wall! It's a great pick like Kelly was and a safe pick. We can draft Defense Rounds 2-4 with Pass Rushers and CB's.

If the guy we absolutely want is off the board at 15, trade down and figure out how to get an extra 3rd or late 2nd and hope to get Sidney and a really good player in any position with our 1st and 2nd round picks. This is a great draft to add some top 3 round picks. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I wonder if his legal team will recommend that he give up his DNA now to try and clear the matter.   (This assumes that Conley is innocent and has nothing to hide.)

But if he gives it up and there's a match,  he's in big trouble.

But if he gives it up and there's no match,   then she's in big trouble for making a false charge....

If you've got nothing to hide then yea you gotta do everything you can to clear yourself ASAP.

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

If the guy we absolutely want is off the board at 15, trade down and figure out how to get an extra 3rd or late 2nd and hope to get Sidney and a really good player in any position with our 1st and 2nd round picks. This is a great draft to add some top 3 round picks. 

I like having the 3 4's, I think we can get a couple of solid defensive players there and our RB. I would love to see Luck with a Great O.Line, if he has all day to throw we will dominate. It's not a sexy pick but Lamp is my guy at 15.

9 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Sidney seems to be ready by  September he could be a late season addition and not a red% player.

Edited by Jact.stark
Putting Twit

2 minutes ago, Jact.stark said:

Sidney medical situation

Sidney seems to be ready by  September he could be a late season addition and not a red% player.

That would be a very aggressive timeframe to return. I'd rather get him, let him heal 100% and give him the off-season time to heal, learn and get NFL strong. Don't start the kid off at 85% ready health wise, it will only get worse and possibly re-injure   

15 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I love how when there is a controversial prospect in trouble, even if for the slightest reason, you all jump all over them, but when it's a prospect everyone loves, everyone's saying it's fake and that the accuser should be punished...

???

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like having the 3 4's, I think we can get a couple of solid defensive players there and our RB. I would love to see Luck with a Great O.Line, if he has all day to throw we will dominate. It's not a sexy pick but Lamp is my guy at 15.

I won't be mad about taking Lamp, he sounds like an instant plug in at the RG spot but can we get a slightly lesser talent in the 3rd or 4th and get them through this year and build some more young offensive line talent. Only the team knows where our RG competition guys stand from the offseason and detailed tape review. I'm looking forward to the draft to see what CB will do in his first run draft. 

15 minutes ago, bababooey said:

If you guys want to keep some faith in humanity I highly suggest not reading the comments underneath TMZ's story.

or any fox news article ever

same goes for pretty much any colts article on nfl.com, unless you like hearing about deflate gate, suck for luck and irsay drug issues

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am taking Lamp at 15 and calling it a day lmao. Luck would love the pick and I would too. Build that O.Line wall! It's a great pick like Kelly was and a safe pick. We can draft Defense Rounds 2-4 with Pass Rushers and CB's.

Problem solved.

30 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Because that is at all relevant.  

Not too bright asking a girl he just met to join him in a trist.....or as witnesses corroberated...lying on a bed....then kicking her out of the room.  "Kicking" means that he treated her rudely after inviting her up.....hmmm.   He's got to report to an important job in the next few weeks.

Its not relevant if a guy wants to have a life to no better than the average slob's.

He's not very bright.  

What's his major, his unassisted GPA...ACT and SAT scores again? 

26 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I love how when there is a controversial prospect in trouble, even if for the slightest reason, you all jump all over them, but when it's a prospect everyone loves, everyone's saying it's fake and that the accuser should be punished...

I have read every post up to yours and it seems you have some sort of comprehension problem.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Problem solved.

I think it's smart too. Lamp looks to be potentially a great player and the more we protect Luck the better. We need Pass Rushers and Corners too (Defense is huge part of winning Titles) but we have plenty of picks after Round 1 to build the D. Ballard signing Hankins and Simon and Sheard really helped too, so taking Lamp is just smart and if we give Luck all day to throw we will dominate. Look at what Carr and Dak do on their teams, they have the 2 best O.Lines in Football.

4 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

If true, want no part. Even as a UDFA. Most heinous crime. Then again, if true he will be going to jail.

That last part is why I would hope the Colts wouldn't even take a flyer on him but if he happens to be cleared I would love for the Colts to snatch him up

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Not too bright asking a girl he just met to join him in a trist.....or as witnesses corroberated...lying on a bed....then kicking her out of the room.  "Kicking" means that he treated her rudely after inviting her up.....hmmm.   He's got to report to an important job in the next few weeks.

Its not relevant if a guy wants to have a life to no better than the average slob's.

He's not very bright.  

What's his major, his unassisted GPA...ACT and SAT scores again? 

What were Bill Cosbys?  Brock Turner?  And a whole host of others.   It's still irrelevant.