Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gareon Conley accused of sexual assault (edit)

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Winner winner chicken dinner!  

Its going to come down to a credibility issue as to who is telling the truth if it was consensual or not.  Evidently, the event ended badly since she got "kicked out" of the room.

Now, I'm in no position to say who is lying or if a crime was committed, but determining who is more credible will take time for the authorities to sort out.  

Maybe Conley can get drafted next year.

He can't enter the draft next year, unless he is drafted this year and sits out the entire season

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive me if this was already asked. If Conley does slide out of the first round, then the second round, then the third round, what if we take a chance on him with one of our 4th round picks? Obviously he could slide out of the draft completely and someone might pick him up after. But that's what everyone is thinking, right? Would it hurt us that bad to potentially not have one of our 4th rounders work out? Or it could work out greatly for us if he is proven innocent. I could get behind it if possible.

24 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

What are you basing the idea that they had sex on?

The fact that she had a rape kit done for one. I just don't see someone who didn't have sex at all going through the embarrassing process of getting a rape kit done if there wasn't even any sex had. No one is that dumb. Even if she is just trying to frame him.

Second, I don't know how many young college guys get attractive women into bed that they met at a. Club just to lay there with them.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

The fact that she had a rape kit done for one. I just don't see someone who didn't have sex at all going through the embarrassing process of getting a rape kit done if there wasn't even any sex had. No one is that dumb. Even if she is just trying to frame him.

Second, I don't know how many young college guys get attractive women into bed that they met at a. Club just to lay there with them.

Has he said that they had sex?

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Has he said that they had sex?

No. But he didn't say that they Didn't in his released statement. And the original story (which we don't know how truthful it is) seems to be that someone (either the other witnesses or Conley) told police that nothing happened. I'll have to go back and look at the PR though.

This version matches up much better with what we know, and seems a lot more realistic... Way too easy for a woman to pull the "he raped me" trump card and completely ruin a man's life. Will she be charged with a crime? HAH. Good luck. IMO falsely accusing someone of rape needs to come with prison time, like as said previously in this thread, congruent with the punishment for rape. Ruining a man's life because you decided to skank it up, and then he brushes you off like the skank you are... despicable. 

http://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/draft-diamonds-investigative-report-gareon-conley-maybe-the-victim/

Now if she did actually get raped then I feel for her, but all evidence seems to be pointing to the contrary

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Yes,  because that works.  College kids are going to have sex outside of marriage.  This isn't a new thing

Well, not all of them.  

It actually does work if a kid isn't so arrogant to think they have a special process that shields them from consequences.   I assume that's the gist of what the PHDs that run these expensive social programs for colleges and the NFL basically say.    Its just a matter of who the player chooses to listen to, if anybody.

12 minutes ago, gregr507 said:

This version matches up much better with what we know, and seems a lot more realistic...

http://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/draft-diamonds-investigative-report-gareon-conley-maybe-the-victim/

Read through that and it seems to contradict the police report. In the PR Myles says nothing happened between Conley and the girl and there is no mention of **** sex. 

2 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Its all legal posturing at this point.  What's the definition of "met".  The first time they saw each other, the first time words were spoken, or the first time more meaningful words were spoken?

Its kind of like saying you know someone...what does that mean

Just now, DougDew said:

Its all legal posturing at this point.  What's the definition of "met".  The first time they saw each other, the first time words were spoken, or the first time more meaningful words were spoken?

Its kind of like saying you know someone...what does that mean

I see where you're coming from, but if they were at the bar together for 25 minutes, wouldn't they have at least spoken to one another?

37 minutes ago, gregr507 said:

This version matches up much better with what we know, and seems a lot more realistic... Way too easy for a woman to pull the "he raped me" trump card and completely ruin a man's life. Will she be charged with a crime? HAH. Good luck. IMO falsely accusing someone of rape needs to come with prison time, like as said previously in this thread, congruent with the punishment for rape. Ruining a man's life because you decided to skank it up, and then he brushes you off like the skank you are... despicable. 

Now if she did actually get raped then I feel for her, but all evidence seems to be pointing to the contrary

Also, the PR states that the unamed black female did not want to give a statement to the police. Yet she answers the phone and spills the beans to this guy? Also how did he get the numbers of any of these people? He said he called the names of everyone on the PR. That's a serious leak of information then because the contacts and full names were admitted on the publicly released PR. I'm pretty sure Conley and his people would have told everyone not to say anything unless it's to the police. Who is this guy and how is he doing the polices job? How did he get them to admit stuff that was left out of the report? I'm calling nonsense on that story.

4 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I see where you're coming from, but if they were at the bar together for 25 minutes, wouldn't they have at least spoken to one another?

Sure, something happened.  Nobody meets someone in a hotel elevator then leaves with him to go to his room, so that part of her story was never really explained by the media.  

She may be thinking "met" means the first time he singled her out for attention and not just talking as part of a group.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Also, the PR states that the unamed black female did not want to give a statement to the police. Yet she answers the phone and spills the beans to this guy? Also he did he get the numbers of any of these people? He said he called the names of everyone on the PR. That's a serious leak of information then because the contacts and full names were admitted on the publicly released PR. I'm pretty sure Conley and his people would have told everyone not to say anything unless it's to the police. Who is this guy and how is he doing the polices job? How did he get them to admit stuff that was left out of the report? I'm calling nonsense on that story.

What I didn't follow clearly...

The woman goes to the bathroom to watch the other couple...she didn't invite Conley to go...she went by herself.

So how does Conley end up in the bathroom with her...did she invite him in or did he just follow her in?  That could be a problem.

10 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I agree that a false allegation of sexual assault should be punishable if proven inaccurate legally. However, your sentencing line making the accusation of rape equal to the crime of rape is not a good idea. Instead, have the person in question who lied be forced to check a box that they lied to law enforcement personnel about a serious assault that never took place. Think of it like Olympic athletes on steroids who lied to the FBI & must check the felony box on say a job application. No time behind bars literally, but definitely a Scarlett Letter of sorts. 

To get thrown in the slammer, I think you have to prove as a prosecutor that money changed hands illegally or physical violence occurred in some proven capacity. I get the hit to an innocent person's reputation & lost earning potential income wise. But, rape & a rape accusation are not the same thing. 

I vehemently disagree with you on this point. If this person, or any person, lies to either hurt another's reputation and/or try to obtain cash money from it, that person deserves more than just a slap on the wrist. By advocating such a mild form of punishment as putting a check mark box of being a liar after trying to ruin another persons life is ridiculous!! This kids faces prison time, loss of money and how others will look at him for the rest of his life regardless. 2 of these things are likely to happen now anyway just as a result of making the accusation. 

Its statements like these that really frustrate me about society and how soft we've become. My guess is you're  the type who feels everyone deserves a trophy for just trying to play the game, first place or 20th, everyone deserves to be recognized the same way. 

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Yes,  because that works.  College kids are going to have sex outside of marriage.  This isn't a new thing

I agree, this is a new era and not 1960's anymore. That being said, I think what these kids, especially the more higher profile kids, should have is a waiver for a potential sexual partner to sign that what's about to happen is consensual sex or sex act. Given the circumstances of today's lawsuits and gold digging and unethical actions, this would at least be protective actions for the guy who all the sudden finds fame, women and money, all a bad combo. Just an idea they probably should arm these young college kids with to at least show there was interest for sex from both sides. That's my 2 cents. 

44 minutes ago, DougDew said:

What I didn't follow clearly...

The woman goes to the bathroom to watch the other couple...she didn't invite Conley to go...she went by herself.

So how does Conley end up in the bathroom with her...did she invite him in or did he just follow her in?  That could be a problem.

I actually didn't make that connection. I see most of what the guy is reporting as suspect, but him following her into the bathroom would be consistent with the PR.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

No. But he didn't say that they Didn't in his released statement. And the original story (which we don't know how truthful it is) seems to be that someone (either the other witnesses or Conley) told police that nothing happened. I'll have to go back and look at the PR though.

He said he didn't touch her.

Just now, bababooey said:

He said he didn't touch her.

This is another detail I'm confused about. I've heard Conley said he didn't touch her at all, the friend say nothing happened between them, and then Conley release a statement where he didn't specify as to whether or not they had sex or not. Not sure what the truth is there.

6 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

This is another detail I'm confused about. I've heard Conley said he didn't touch her at all, the friend say nothing happened between them, and then Conley release a statement where he didn't specify as to whether or not they had sex or not. Not sure what the truth is there.

Um...he said he didn't touch her. There is nothing confusing about it.

7 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Um...he said he didn't touch her. There is nothing confusing about it.

In the PR/statement to the police? Because from what I understand from his publicly released statement all he said was "I did not commit a crime". You're going to have to show me a source.

Becausr if he did in fact have some type of intimate contact with her but he claimed not to, then that's a real problem.

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

In the PR/statement to the police? Because from what I understand from his publicly released statement all he said was "I did not commit a crime". You're going to have to show me a source.

Becausr if he did in fact have some type of intimate contact with her but he claimed not to, then that's a real problem.

Correct, it is a real problem. He said he did not touch her, but if the kit shows his evidence then yes he is in trouble.

29 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Correct.  He has stated only that he has not committed a crime.  Others said they were just lying on the bed and nothing happened, but he didn't say that.

Events leading up to the bathroom time are not really relevant.  What seems likely is that something happened in the bathroom, since the police report and this linked article above indicates they were there together and the fact that he doesn't simply flat out deny he was in the bathroom with her.  

So the question is, was he invited or did he follow her in?

Based on what I'm seeing, its tough to draft him with anything higher than a low round pick.

13 hours ago, DougDew said:

Its not that complicated to say he didn't have sex with her if he didn't, especially since the listening world already knows that the test kit will be the marker for who is telling the truth.  It cant show his DNA if it isn't there.  There is nothing to argue in court other than "told ya so"

If I didn't have sex with her....I'd get that out there as loud and as soon as possible as often as possible for when the negative results come back, which would then imply she is a liar.  

He said he didn't commit the crime.  That's all he needed to say.  

19 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

He said he didn't commit the crime.  That's all he needed to say.  

They all say that.  Even the ones who did.  If he said he wasn't in the bathroom with her, then GMs might think he was being sincere and not just saying what every convict typically says.

29 minutes ago, DougDew said:

They all say that.  Even the ones who did.  If he said he wasn't in the bathroom with her, then GMs might think he was being sincere and not just saying what every convict typically says.

He doesn't gain anything by making his case to the general public.  What is there possibly to gain except appease the fans?  If there's something that GMs want to ask or he wants them to know, his agent will arrange for that and they probably already have; which by the way, they'll learn a lot more in a face-to-face, skype or phone conversation than any general, pre-written public statement about the case.  All I was trying to say was that I, a lawyer, would not agree with my client publicly discussing the case except give a general denial and somehow put a positive and uplifting twist on it to save face.  Going into details only makes your life harder and the only thing it does is gives the media and people like us a reason to debate the he-said-she-said story.  I don't know about you, but I wouldn't care one dime about giving anyone an article or forum fodder if it was me being accused and people demanded me discuss the case.  Sorry not sorry.

3 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I agree, this is a new era and not 1960's anymore. That being said, I think what these kids, especially the more higher profile kids, should have is a waiver for a potential sexual partner to sign that what's about to happen is consensual sex or sex act. Given the circumstances of today's lawsuits and gold digging and unethical actions, this would at least be protective actions for the guy who all the sudden finds fame, women and money, all a bad combo. Just an idea they probably should arm these young college kids with to at least show there was interest for sex from both sides. That's my 2 cents. 

It's funny they have these legal documents called marriage liscenses and while that doesn't mean you can just force your wife or partner to do what you want its a general understanding that sex is consensual since both parties love one another. Or at least maybe they should be in a meaningful relationship before you enter a bedroom or stay behind closed doors together alone in such a manner. Is it such a tough thing to wait til your in a serious relationship to have sex? I'm not saying their could never be an allegation but I certainly didn't behave that way at that age. I mean what would be wrong with waiting to have sex after marriage....gasp!!!! The decency in that is appalling! I mean respecting one another's bodies and the wonderful freeness and love and support of sex within a marriage can't be compared to in my experience and those that I've talked to. Just a little free advice.

On 4/25/2017 at 8:22 PM, Malakai432 said:

haha 

I was just kidding anyways.  I live right next to Lebanon, Indiana.  Not a bad city but I've had some regretful encounters there to say the least. 

I know it well... grew up fairly close (near Kirklin) and worked out of Lebanon (or as some say "Lebdon") for a few years..... I don't mind the town, but like you say there are some things that happened there I would rather not discuss.... oh and if a fistfight is what you are looking for one can be had about anywhere in town, particularly ____'s Pub, lol

Funny couple of posts Malakai432 :)

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

It's funny they have these legal documents called marriage liscenses and while that doesn't mean you can just force your wife or partner to do what you want its a general understanding that sex is consensual since both parties love one another. Or at least maybe they should be in a meaningful relationship before you enter a bedroom or stay behind closed doors together alone in such a manner. Is it such a tough thing to wait til your in a serious relationship to have sex? I'm not saying their could never be an allegation but I certainly didn't behave that way at that age. I mean what would be wrong with waiting to have sex after marriage....gasp!!!! The decency in that is appalling! I mean respecting one another's bodies and the wonderful freeness and love and support of sex within a marriage can't be compared to in my experience and those that I've talked to. Just a little free advice.

Well grandpa, these kids today do not act as the generation before them and certainly not like the one before that group. Should they wait and wouldn't it be better if they waited until they were married? Yep, but these kids aren't acting in this way and they are having sex much much earlier. I'm a dad with 2 girls (11&13) so I damn sure would agree with your thinking and hope I've taught them to choose mates and use good, sound judgement as they venture down the path. It's a big world out there and once these kids get people who follow them and they start getting "groupies", the temptations are tough to ignore. 

Btw, the grandpa remark was made to be lighthearted, not a sarcastic remark. 

40 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Well grandpa, these kids today do not act as the generation before them and certainly not like the one before that group. Should they wait and wouldn't it be better if they waited until they were married? Yep, but these kids aren't acting in this way and they are having sex much much earlier. I'm a dad with 2 girls (11&13) so I damn sure would agree with your thinking and hope I've taught them to choose mates and use good, sound judgement as they venture down the path. It's a big world out there and once these kids get people who follow them and they start getting "groupies", the temptations are tough to ignore. 

Btw, the grandpa remark was made to be lighthearted, not a sarcastic remark. 

No problem. I'm 37 going on 38 and sometimes in this day an age I feel like one. That said every generation has its own opportunity to change the culture around us. Like you said your raising your daughters and everyone else raising their kids if we do a good job instilling the values we care about we all can change things. Anyways this is a football forum so I'll save it lol. Hope everyone enjoys the draft tonight!

3 hours ago, BR-549 said:

I know it well... grew up fairly close (near Kirklin) and worked out of Lebanon (or as some say "Lebdon") for a few years..... I don't mind the town, but like you say there are some things that happened there I would rather not discuss.... oh and if a fistfight is what you are looking for one can be had about anywhere in town, particularly ____'s Pub, lol

Funny couple of posts Malakai432 :)

You got that right!  We'd always call it Lebtucky, :thmup:.  As we said though not a bad town.