Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Miller: Joe Mixon is on Colts board

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705378-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-latest-draft-buzz-updated-big-board-more

Indianapolis Colts: New general manager Chris Ballard has remade the team through free agency, giving the Colts the freedom to go with a best-player-available approach. As for needs, my scouting source said edge-rusher should be targeted in Round 1. This is another team that has Mixon on its board.

I listened to a podcast today in which Jeff Risdon from RealGM said that MULTIPLE sources have told him the Bengals plan on taking Mixon in the second. So if the Colts want him they will have to Take him in the first or jump up to get him in the second.

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705378-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-latest-draft-buzz-updated-big-board-more

I listened to a podcast today in which Jeff Risdon from RealGM said that MULTIPLE sources have told him the Bengals plan on taking Mixon in the second. So if the Colts want him they will have to Take him in the first or jump up to get him in the second.

I doubt the Colts will take him then.  I just don't see the Colts picking him in the 2nd.  Just cause he's on the board doesn't mean anything other then there isn't a complete opposition to taking the player in the draft. 

On his pass rush comment. I still really think Charles Harris will be the 1st round pick, either in a trade back or at 15. I'm iffy on him at 15 but he's a 1st rounder or 2nd rounder at worst.

The "Colts love Harris" rumor came out early on, much like the "Colts love Kelly" rumor, and both came from Matt Miller actually.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

If the Bengals have that type of info coming out of their war room, they are an even worse run organization than everyone thinks they are. No NFL team let's out a legit leak that's says we will take so and so in the _______ round and actually does so. At this point, everyone is throwing around misinformation to scare other teams into going out of their own draft boards in fear of losing out on X player. CB stays true to his board and hopefully does not panick and give away picks to move up nor taking him with our #15 pick. I have faith that the latter will not take place. Doesn't rule out a trade down and deciding Mixon would be worth a late 1st or a higher 2nd. 

2 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

That's surprises me. I was sure Irsay would have vetoed him.

As long as it's not in the 1st I'd be okay with it.

This is interesting to me.  I am just quoting you but there are many on this board and actual teams who share the same thought.

My question would be why is Mixon OK to take in any round other than first?  If you or an NFL team have an objection with what he did, why does that go away after the first round?  In some teams, I am sure he is off the board altogether.  But some will draft him - just likely not in the first.  

Again, not singling you out, but I just find this to be an interesting case study.  

personally i would not draft mixon in any round becasue i would not want to be the one that has to justify it to a fan base

if we take him and he turns into a good player i will get over it though

glad im just a fan on this one

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

Care to elaborate?

I know he's a terrific player. He reminds me a little of Edge. 

But I REALLY don't like that tape. Can you come back from things like that? Of course, But it was ugly. You're just not supposed to hit girls unless you're in physical danger for God's sake.

Just now, Gigc said:

I know he's a terrific player. He reminds me a little of Edge. 

But I REALLY don't like that tape. Can you come back from things like that? Of course, But it was ugly. You're just not supposed to hit girls unless you're in physical danger for God's sake.

Fair enough.