Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Doug Ferrar Final Mock Draft: Colts fans on suicide watch

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2704725-2017-nfl-mock-draft-doug-farrars-final-predictions

I wonder if he's trolling us :D

15. Indianapolis Colts: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

9b64a0916dff1ae06d0a4afce01ffa45_crop_ex
Gregory Shamus/Getty Images

The Indianapolis Colts made a number of free-agent moves this offseason, but the best thing ownership did was to relieve general manager Ryan Grigson of his duties. After getting Andrew Luck as his first draft pick—which was the gimme of all gimmes—Grigson did little to validate his position in the coming years. His combination of ill-conceived trades and free-agency moves, along with draft picks that are hard to defend, left the Colts bereft or talent at numerous positions. New general manager Chris Ballard looks to be a significant improvement with his personnel acumen.

One thing Ballard must do is give Luck more targets; T.Y. Hilton is the only consistent receiver on the team, and though the addition of ex-Baltimore Ravens receiver Kamar Aiken was a good one, there's a need for a bigger, physical receiver who can win at the catch point and give Luck more quick passes to help create yards after the catch. Corey Davis isn't the most physical receiver in this class, but he has a great understanding of the little things that make receivers great at the next level: how to create separation with subtle movements, get free of coverage with angles and accelerate in the open field. Ridiculously prolific through his collegiate career (331 catches for 5,278 yards and 52 touchdowns in four seasons), he'd be an amazing addition to an offense that needs a lot of help.

I mean, I'd hope we just trade down, but if we coudln't trade down, I'd rather have taken some other other available prospects.  Conley, Reddick, or even Humphrey.  Heck, I'd even have taken Lamp there and I've been advocating trading down if he's the best guy tehre ever since people have started flirting with the idea that we'd take him at 15.

14 minutes ago, James Sturgill said:

I know we need Def. but personally, I would be ok with this pick.

Kid is a very special talent. Made history on the collegiate level.

We all want someone who can come in and make an instant impact and be a game changer.

He checks all the boxes.

Id be fine with the pick if it was a defensive pick or solidifying our o-line aside from that no.

This guy is just trolling AFC South fans. He has the Colts drafting a WR at #1...has TEN missing out on all the of the 1st round WRs and then passing on Howard...has JAC draft Trubisky...and has HOU drafting a guy whose draft stock just plummeted (though that happened after he wrote this).

I will say one thing about the pick. When Luck came and prospered, one of the reasons was because of Reggie. Having a big bodied possession receiver he could count on really helped him, and they were fantastic together until Reggie's injury. I would not take Corey Davis, but although the flamethrowers will come out, I would take Mike Williams if he was there. He is a guy who is going to be a great player I believe. Not blazing speed, but catches everything. I think he will be a number 1 receiver in the NFL, much like Dez, and as much as I like TY, he is more of a 2 than a 1. Think if he was the second best receiver on the team. If he does go with BPA, you never know.

That said, although I honestly would not be upset with it, I still hope it is Foster or Reddick, or a trade back. Also now that the Doctor has come out about Sidney, although I don't think he will be ready to really contribute this year, my fear was how he would return. Would he be the same person. The one thing if you read closely is the injury to his achilles should not have any effect on his future performance. A trade back would give us ammunition to take him early 2nd. I hate to think about the Jags there early in the 2nd ready to jump on BPA who falls, and with the medical, Sidney could be that player.

Dorsett was not even close to being the BPA.  If he had turned out how Grigson dreamed, no one would be complaining about the pick.

I think Davis is a top 10 talent.  I wouldnt draft a WR, but if Ballard took him I wouldnt freak out.  I'd be excited about the huge addition to Luck's arsenal and would proceed to delete this forum from my bookmarks.

10 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Id be fine with the pick if it was a defensive pick or solidifying our o-line aside from that no.

I'd be happy with that also. quite frankly, I like Williams as well. The guy is right. TY is the only reliable WR on the team at this point. We have a thoroughbred quarterback; you have to give him the weapons to make us winners. 

There are other rounds to pick up defensive players. 

12 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Dorsett was not even close to being the BPA.  If he had turned out how Grigson dreamed, no one would be complaining about the pick.

I think Davis is a top 10 talent.  I wouldnt draft a WR, but if Ballard took him I wouldnt freak out.  I'd be excited about the huge addition to Luck's arsenal and would proceed to delete this forum from my bookmarks.

haha

Ohhh yeah the forum would be a zombie apocalypse and there's no doubt about that.

1 hour ago, Gigc said:

I'd be happy with that also. quite frankly, I like Williams as well. The guy is right. TY is the only reliable WR on the team at this point. We have a thoroughbred quarterback; you have to give him the weapons to make us winners. 

There are other rounds to pick up defensive players. 

ya but WR isn't the problem on this team defense however is.

I don't care if he turns out to be the best receiver in NFL history. We better not draft him or any other wide receiver at 15. I don't think we should draft a receiver at all in this draft. If Aiken, Dorsett, and/or Moncrief are gone next year, take a receiver or two in the 2018 draft.