Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tony Pauline: Colts interested in Jarrad Davis, they have him ranked as a top 20 prospect

Davis could be the second best LB on this draft after Garret. 

With all the Foster buzz around him i don't like the signals around him.

If Foster was eating and drinking a lot in the Combine then his playing weight worries me a lot, 229 lbs at the combine and if his history it's true, his actual playing weight is around 225-220, and both Reddick and Davis were around 238.

I see how violent Foster plays and i have  the feeling that he won't be durable because he is undersized 6" and his style is just too violent for his body and it's gonna be worst in the PROS, he is gonna be there at 15 and i would trade down or take a LB i don't care if it's Reddick or Davis both have the talent to be great.

Davis could be a bit of a reach but i'm all in with him although if Reddick is there at 15 we must take him too much talent(a lot of raw talent also).

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You think Superman is alone in having Peppers over Davis?        What's to be flabbergasted about?     The difference between them might only be 5-15 picks one way or the other.     I doubt there's much separation between them one way or the other.

I think you're stuck on the idea that everyone is seeing the same thing the same way.     They don't.    Not even close.

I think you're not allowing for the fact that teams ask their players to do different things than other teams.    

If you could look at the 32 different Big Boards,  you'd see 32 completely different lists.    And it would be shocking how different the lists are.     I think we're all guilty of that type of thinking.     I am, Superman is and every other poster is.     It's the nature of ranking players.     There are just too many factors in play.....

I think he's in the minority. Which is fine, everyone has different opinions. 

But he had bad tape, and never recorded 1 INT his entire college career. 

Bad tape and no big plays. Doesn't even have elite athleticism. It's very good, but not elite. He doesn't have 1 elite trait. 

Sorry but I don't see it with Peppers. I said a month ago, he's my 5th ranked safety. Nothing has changed. 

6 hours ago, Jact.stark said:

Davis could be the second best LB on this draft after Garret. 

With all the Foster buzz around him i don't like the signals around him.

If Foster was eating and drinking a lot in the Combine then his playing weight worries me a lot, 229 lbs at the combine and if his history it's true, his actual playing weight is around 225-220, and both Reddick and Davis were around 238.

I see how violent Foster plays and i have  the feeling that he won't be durable because he is undersized 6" and his style is just too violent for his body and it's gonna be worst in the PROS, he is gonna be there at 15 and i would trade down or take a LB i don't care if it's Reddick or Davis both have the talent to be great.

Davis could be a bit of a reach but i'm all in with him although if Reddick is there at 15 we must take him too much talent(a lot of raw talent also).

Foster as a pick makes me real nervous. Not just his personal issues but his violent style could find him more on the sidelines with injuries and not helping us that much.  Sort of like Bob Sanders.  Great player short career.

Forgive me for I don't know a whole heck of a lot about Jarrad Davis. Seems like a good guy but how was his health in college? The opener of that video kinda weirded me out showing him injured. Just banged up or has he suffered any dangerous injuries?

17 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I said it a couple months ago and I'll say it again. I won't  even be mad if we took him at 15. I don't see it as a reach. 

It's just like Kelly. There's no reach if you know you're getting an elite player that can start for years. 

17 hours ago, Superman said:

I didn't take his statement literally. I think he means 'if we have to reach 5-10 spots past some RBs and QBs and other positions that we don't see as valuable, we're okay with that.' That's my own interpretation, of course.

And me saying it would be a reach is based on my projection of how the board will shape out, and how I have the players ordered. I have Davis in the 30ish range, and I see a good 5-10 players being available that I would rather draft. Of course, I could be totally wrong about how the board falls, and my player rankings are entirely subjective and based on limited information.

Could be a very tricky draft for the Colts if they are up at 15 and the next best 10 prospects are dominated by WR ,TE and QB. It's a possibility as many of the teams drafting ahead of the Colts need pass rush and secondary help. 

So now you want to trade back but unless there is a QB coveted at 15 the this could be a tall order.

I'd be cool with Jarrad Davis at whatever pick in the first round for us.  He also seems to have the maturity to deal with being a high first round pick to go along with all the other athletic traits.  I think he has his head on right.

27 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'd be cool with Jarrad Davis at whatever pick in the first round for us.  He also seems to have the maturity to deal with being a high first round pick to go along with all the other athletic traits.  I think he has his head on right.

Am I the only one who feels that having Davis' might also make Morrison look a lot better, like with Parry and Anderson? I feel as if they probably feed of each other. Heck I would go and draft Anzalone later in the 4th if he's there too.

26 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Am I the only one who feels that having Davis' might also make Morrison look a lot better, like with Parry and Anderson? I feel as if they probably feed of each other. Heck I would go and draft Anzalone later in the 4th if he's there too.

Bostic is from U Florida too!

5 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I think he's in the minority. Which is fine, everyone has different opinions. 

But he had bad tape, and never recorded 1 INT his entire college career. 

Bad tape and no big plays. Doesn't even have elite athleticism. It's very good, but not elite. He doesn't have 1 elite trait. 

Sorry but I don't see it with Peppers. I said a month ago, he's my 5th ranked safety. Nothing has changed. 

I disagree with the bolded. But like you said, we all have our opinions. You might be right.

It's mostly a moot point, as I think Peppers failed test is a red flag and wouldn't draft him ahead of Davis in light of that information. 

33 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I also like Anzalone, I think I mocked him to us in the 4th. They're both better than Morrison, IMO. 

23 hours ago, krunk said:

I can see Manusky being interested in Davis as well for the Redskins.  He wants to get somebody like Navarro Bowman or Patrick Willis like he had in San Francisco.

Lol. I'd imagine all teams would like to have guys like that added lol

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Anzalone scares me with the injury history.

34 minutes ago, Superman said:

I disagree with the bolded. But like you said, we all have our opinions. You might be right.

It's mostly a moot point, as I think Peppers failed test is a red flag and wouldn't draft him ahead of Davis in light of that information. 

Just came out that Conley has a rape accusation. Have you ever seen so much of the first round tainted by health , legal , drug and character issues ? 

Ohio State CB Gareon Conley has been accused of rape by a Cleveland woman, but adamantly denies the allegations.

Conley's agent has called the claims "ludicrous and ridiculous," and says they were made out of spite. Taken to a local hospital following the alleged incident, the woman refused to speak with police. No charges have been filed, and Conley has yet to speak with police. Conley has been considered a sure-fire first-rounder, and perhaps even a top-10 pick. With so little time between now and Thursday, the incident will affect Conley's draft stock, regardless of whether or not it's true.
Source: TMZ.com 
Apr 2

Agree on Anzalone. guy's been hurt his entire college career. 

As for Jarrad Davis, it looked to me like he got wired to a lot of blocks. Looked good, but had trouble disengaging once OL got a hold of him. that could be because Florida's line didn't keep OL from getting to the second level.

On 4/24/2017 at 3:03 PM, ColtsBlitz said:

Maybe in a trade-back plan.... I could see it

I'd still rather have someone else. lol maybe it we traded all the way back to 24 or 25, but I don't even want to trade back. We will be picking there or worse every year for the next 7-10 years. Why not take advantage of a top 15 pick? 

6 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I'd still rather have someone else. lol maybe it we traded all the way back to 24 or 25, but I don't even want to trade back. We will be picking there or worse every year for the next 7-10 years. Why not take advantage of a top 15 pick? 

Hopefully this Conley situation will clear up, but I do agree. The unique thing about this draft is that there are prospects around 25 that have top 15 talent. So trading back isn't that terrible, plus it gets us an extra pick in this deep defensive draft class that we need to take advatage of

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Not that it makes me right, but I'm probably not in the minority:

http://zonecoverage.com/2017/featured/the-2017-consensus-big-board-complete-300-player-rankings/

I don't care about zone coverages big board. I swear if people start watching film more and being rational we wouldn't have *s like Mel Kiper making millions.  I watch film of these guys and make my opinion. He's a LB who is being forced to play safety because he's too small.  But has the ball skills of TJ green. Hard pass. I'm surprised you like him so much. What are his elite traits? What game did you come away impressed with?

Just now, Majin Vegeta said:

I don't care about zone coverages big board. I swear if people start watching film more and being rational we wouldn't have *s like Mel Kiper making millions.  I watch film of these guys and make my opinion. He's a LB who is being forced to play safety because he's too small.  But has the ball skills of TJ green. Hard pass. 

Umm... it was your comment that my having Peppers ranked higher than Davis puts me in the minority. If you paid attention to the link, you'd note that it's a combination of 44 rankings, and Peppers is #29 and Davis is #35. 

Again, that doesn't mean that viewpoint is right.

Last thing, it's obtuse to suggest that people who watch film would come up with the same opinion. Case in point, I've watched Peppers just like you, and we have different opinions. So does that mean I'm not rational?

31 minutes ago, Superman said:

Umm... it was your comment that my having Peppers ranked higher than Davis puts me in the minority. If you paid attention to the link, you'd note that it's a combination of 44 rankings, and Peppers is #29 and Davis is #35. 

Again, that doesn't mean that viewpoint is right.

Last thing, it's obtuse to suggest that people who watch film would come up with the same opinion. Case in point, I've watched Peppers just like you, and we have different opinions. So does that mean I'm not rational?

Again, I don't care about their big board.  It doesn't do anything for the viewpoint. So silly. But since all the Kipers of the world hyped him up, now we're here. 

What are his elite traits? What games were you impressed with, and why? 

19 hours ago, Jason2176 said:

So I Like Jarrad Davis and I think it doesn't matter if it's at 15 or 25 if you think the guy is a really good player and fits your team you take him.  

On another note....I have a real strong feeling about Obi Melinifou from UConn.  I think that guy could be a beast and a Hybrid like Geathers.   6'4 4.38 40   41 inch vertical and you could use him in that Hybrid Lb slash Safety role.   He's 225 so he has some size to him....

Let me tell you why it matters. If you really like the guy, but no other team would take him until pick x, then you are missing out on another pick or 2.

8 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

Let me tell you why it matters. If you really like the guy, but no other team would take him until pick x, then you are missing out on another pick or 2.

But then again, there's no way of knowing where a team would take a prospect. Teams don't know each other's big board. That's why you take a guy if YOU like him.

5 hours ago, dw49 said:

Could be a very tricky draft for the Colts if they are up at 15 and the next best 10 prospects are dominated by WR ,TE and QB. It's a possibility as many of the teams drafting ahead of the Colts need pass rush and secondary help. 

So now you want to trade back but unless there is a QB coveted at 15 the this could be a tall order.

There will be players that are worthy of a top 15 pick when we are up.

Two QB's, 1 TE, and 1 RB will be chosen time we pick. Likely two RB's. 

I see Carolina drafting one of Cook or McCaffery(possible trade back to number 12 with Cleveland?)

Mitch Trubisky

Deshaun Watson

Leonard Fournette

OJ Howard

McCaffery/Cook

Corey Davis/John Ross/Mike Williams

Jonathan Allen

Jamaal Adams

Malik Hooker

Marcus Lattimore

Myles Garrett

Solomon Thomas

Some of these guys are likely to be there when we pick:

Hassan Reddick

Takarist McKinley

Derek Barnett

Gareon Conley(definetely after the allegations)

Reuben Foster(no longer really want him here)

all are good picks. Really want Barnett, Conley, or Reddick. If we don't get one of the other guys mentioned. I'd love to trade up with Cincinnati and nab someone like Hooker, Adams, or Lattimore if one of the three fell somehow. 

1 hour ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Hopefully this Conley situation will clear up, but I do agree. The unique thing about this draft is that there are prospects around 25 that have top 15 talent. So trading back isn't that terrible, plus it gets us an extra pick in this deep defensive draft class that we need to take advatage of

Yes I would agree if I knew that we would trade back up. We won't be adding 9-10 players from this draft to our regular season roster. Not enough room. 

39 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Yes I would agree if I knew that we would trade back up. We won't be adding 9-10 players from this draft to our regular season roster. Not enough room. 

Good point. I think 7 picks would be good. Maybe a trade-back (from 15) with our last 4th and 3rd rounder could earn us a trade-back first, then a second and earlier third, 3 for 3, just better positioning. Either way I'm down for staying at 15 depending on who is available. 

10 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

This 1st round pick is essential. This pick will tell us if Ballard really does have a great plan in mind. I think he does but Thursday will tell us for sure

If you listen to what he says, he is pretty much saying he is happy with Grigson's group that he drafted last year and it is telling that he doesn't see the need to draft an O-Line with the first pick. He has also said good RB's can be had in the late rounds. I think he is thinking playmaker. Garson Conley, Malik Hooker(I think he falls to at least 8, but I want him and would trade up for him in a heartbeat if it didn't cost too much) Sidney Jones would be a steal in the 2nd round. Derek Barnett and Hassan Reddick are my two realistic favorites for our pick. 

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

If you listen to what he says, he is pretty much saying he is happy with Grigson's group that he drafted last year and it is telling that he doesn't see the need to draft an O-Line with the first pick. He has also said good RB's can be had in the late rounds. I think he is thinking playmaker. Garson Conley, Malik Hooker(I think he falls to at least 8, but I want him and would trade up for him in a heartbeat if it didn't cost too much) Sidney Jones would be a steal in the 2nd round. Derek Barnett and Hassan Reddick are my two realistic favorites for our pick. 

Grigson's draft last year wasn't bad. He got some guys that will be good contributors. On this upcoming draft, Malik Hooker is really good. He was a star at Ohio State. He would definitely help. Garson Conley was also really good at Ohio State. I would love either of those picks

5 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Grigson's draft last year wasn't bad. He got some guys that will be good contributors. On this upcoming draft, Malik Hooker is really good. He was a star at Ohio State. He would definitely help. Garson Conley was also really good at Ohio State. I would love either of those picks

I'm partly biased because I'm a big buckeyes fan tho lol. Lattimore is my favorite of the group but odds are he will be gone by pick number 5. The highest I would trade up is to 8 and it will never happen...

4 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I'm partly biased because I'm a big buckeyes fan tho lol. Lattimore is my favorite of the group but odds are he will be gone by pick number 5. The highest I would trade up is to 8 and it will never happen...

Maybe Ballard will pull a rabbit out of his hat. One never knows though