Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad Reuter Mock-Dion Dawkins

Personally I don't see it , I'm more inclined the defensive side of the ball is addressed . However Ballard is a shrewd individual and I don't think he will tip his hand , so who knows. Did not see Dawkins play a lot but what I did see I was impressed.

I like Dawkins. He's projects as a solid pass blocker and a real plus player in the running game. Did he give us Dawkins at 15 though? I haven't heard anybody talk about him as a top 15 pick. Late 20s would feel like the highest I could possibly see him going without being completely shocked. Honestly I think it's possible he's there for us at 46. 

2 minutes ago, Track Guy said:

I like Dawkins. He's projects as a solid pass blocker and a real plus player in the running game. Did he give us Dawkins at 15 though? I haven't heard anybody talk about him as a top 15 pick. Late 20s would feel like the highest I could possibly see him going without being completely shocked. Honestly I think it's possible he's there for us at 46. 

Yes he did as a OG Prospect

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Yes he did as a OG Prospect

Ok thanks. Yeah if we decided to try to target a guy like Dawkins in round 1, I wouldn't be upset because I like him as a player but I really think we should trade back and maximize value. Because we could probably snag him and pick up more picks honestly. 

That's a reach if I've ever saw one. Honestly he is like the 5th best OL at best and it's likely we would be able to draft the best if we wanted one drafting where we are. Sometimes these guys just force stupid picks on small market teams so they can have some bigger names fall to their big market teams like the Cowboys and Steelers etc because they know they will make more readers happy to see a guy like say Conley fall to the Cowboys or a Reddick fall to the Steelers or say a Charles Harris fall to Atlanta. So what if he screws over the Colts or say the Titans or Cincinnati if it means pushing a clear better talent and fit down the draft board to make a dream scenario for the Jets, Eagles, or Cowboys. That's how I tell the good analysts from the make believe ones as I look for clear outliers.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

That's a reach if I've ever saw one. Honestly he is like the 5th best OL at best and it's likely we would be able to draft the best if we wanted one drafting where we are. Sometimes these guys just force stupid picks on small market teams so they can have some bigger names fall to their big market teams like the Cowboys and Steelers etc because they know they will make more readers happy to see a guy like say Conley fall to the Cowboys or a Reddick fall to the Steelers or say a Charles Harris fall to Atlanta. So what if he screws over the Colts or say the Titans or Cincinnati if it means pushing a clear better talent and fit down the draft board to make a dream scenario for the Jets, Eagles, or Cowboys. That's how I tell the good analysts from the make believe ones as I look for clear outliers.

Sad but true

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

In his latest mock NFL.com writer(expert) Chad Reuter has given the Colts OL Dion Dawkins from Temple

What do you think?

I assume you mean in round 1, not just somewhere in the draft, yes? If so, then he miscalculated.  Ballard is a BPA guy.  Here is the skinny from 2 sources i respect for accuracy.

Chris Landry-

2nd Round talent. Overall rank-
#59. OT/RT/G–DION DAWKINS–TEMPLE

Gil Brandt-
#67. OT/RT/G–DION DAWKINS–TEMPLE

I think we don't have to worry that is our Choice, unless Ballard wants to top the Bjorn Werner selection experiment...

Chris will do everything to make sure his very first round one selection has the value and production of a #15 selection.

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I assume you mean in round 1, not just somewhere in the draft, yes? If so, then he miscalculated.  Ballard is a BPA guy.  Here is the skinny from 2 sources i respect for accuracy.

Chris Landry-

#59. OT/RT/G–DION DAWKINS–TEMPLE

Gil Brandt-
#67. OT/RT/G–DION DAWKINS–TEMPLE

I think we don't have to worry that is our Choice, unless Ballard wants to top the Bjorn Werner selection experiment...

Chris will do everything to make sure his very first round one selection has the value and production of a #15 selection.

Yes this was at 15

3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

In his latest mock NFL.com writer(expert) Chad Reuter has given the Colts OL Dion Dawkins from Temple

What do you think?

I think Dawkins would be fine with pick 46 in the 2nd round.     But with pick 15 in the 1st?!?    

No!     Oh, heck no!!     He's a very strong candidate to be a very solid guard,  but pick 15?     And instead of Lamp at 15 who was still available?      No!    No!    No!