Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Espn....ugh

cmgww

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is you do NOT EVER make that call in the SB!! EVER!

Other than the overtime rules being different for playoff games, they are played with the same rules as regular season games. The refs cannot be asked to call penalties different in playoff games. They are trained and trained in seeing fouls and calling them correctly. Why should they change in the Super Bowl?

Other than the overtime rules being different for playoff games, they are played with the same rules as regular season games. The refs cannot be asked to call penalties different in playoff games. They are trained and trained in seeing fouls and calling them correctly. Why should they change in the Super Bowl?

obviously because it went against the pats, thats why u cant make that call..... :rollseyes:

1) The intentional grounding call was legit. I've seen plenty of plays in the past where it should have been called but wasn't (usually because a receiver doesn't break off a route or run a "go"), so I can see why some people have a problem with it.

2) Brady did make some mistakes, but overall I don't think he cost his team the game.

The grounding play was definitely one of his mistakes, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. With their backs to the end zone like that, and since it was their first drive and they didn't really know what the Giants' defense was going to throw at them, they should have called a quick slant or something that wouldn't require him to stand in the pocket for four or five seconds. Just a bad play call, in my opinion. Brady is just so dang immobile that he didn't even have time to take a few steps to his right or left to throw it away legally. Bad decisions - by the Offensive Coordinator as well as Brady - made that a terrible play.

The INT was also a mistake. He underthrew Gronk on that one. It wasn't a bad idea to try it - I mean, you'll take Gronk one-on-one with a linebacker every time. But between his bad ankle and the fact that Brady didn't put enough air under it, things obviously did not work out on that play. If memory serves that was on 2nd-and-long, and the Giants ended up with the ball at the 8-yard line, so it was basically equivalent to a good punt. Still, shouldn't have thrown it there. Bad idea.

Was it the right call?? I dont think so. It was marginal at best, OBVIOUSLY since he didnt throw the flag right away and had conference about it. And anyone who believes a play is called the same in the Super Bowl as in the reg season is just KIDDING themselves period.

They had a conference to make sure he didn't leave the box. Every intentionally grounding call that results in a safety will probably start a conference.

And its the right call and a good rule. Its designed to put extra pressure on the offense that's in its own endzone. Your not supposed to be there so you better be sharp.

They had a conference to make sure he didn't leave the box. Every intentionally grounding call that results in a safety will probably start a conference.

And its the right call and a good rule. Its designed to put extra pressure on the offense that's in its own endzone. Your not supposed to be there so you better be sharp.

Joker

That is SOOOO Bogus, It was obvious he never left the box.. HE NEVER MOVED... so the refs SAYING thats what the conference was for is 100% ^cowpatties^.... It was to see if they should throw the flag or not. Like I said IF he had thrown the flag DURING the play and then conferenced it be easy to see them UPHOLDING his flag, but to decide after the fact throw it, just stupid IMO in the biggest game in the NFL.

I think the conference was more about where he threw it, and whether or not it was possible that one of the deep receivers broke off a route or something along those lines. I've seen plays where grounding wasn't called because a WR ended up running an out because of a go, and things along those lines. Brady hardly moved, so I don't think there was any question as to whether or not he stepped outside the tackles.

I think the conference was more about where he threw it, and whether or not it was possible that one of the deep receivers broke off a route or something along those lines. I've seen plays where grounding wasn't called because a WR ended up running an out because of a go, and things along those lines. Brady hardly moved, so I don't think there was any question as to whether or not he stepped outside the tackles.

I personally thought the conference was on whether or not he was under pressure. It wasn't obvious the first time I saw it.

Joker

That is SOOOO Bogus, It was obvious he never left the box.. HE NEVER MOVED... so the refs SAYING thats what the conference was for is 100% ^cowpatties^.... It was to see if they should throw the flag or not. Like I said IF he had thrown the flag DURING the play and then conferenced it be easy to see them UPHOLDING his flag, but to decide after the fact throw it, just stupid IMO in the biggest game in the NFL.

What does it mater at what point he threw the flag? Either way it'd still have been a safety.

What does it mater at what point he threw the flag? Either way it'd still have been a safety.

He throws the flag WHEN the play happens, it SHOWS HE thinks it was Grounding, and by conferencing after I can just see the other refs backing him up. BUT to conference and then decide to throw the flag, IMO if its a penalty needs be called during the play not when they conference together. The conference should ONLY ever be to pick up a flag never to throw one. But just my opinion.