Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Warren Sapp doesn't think Myles Garrett should be #1 Pick....

Sapp doesn't think Garrett is all that good.      Not enough big plays,   not enough domination.

He makes an interesting argument.....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19225223/warren-sapp-think-myles-garrett-no-1-pick

But here's what Sapp doesn't get.....      even if everything he says is true,   Garrett is still the best player in the draft and a player with an amazingly high ceiling.....

That's an argument that's hard to beat....

I don't know who's right but Ballard has always said it's in the tape.  Watch and study the tape.  If he does take plays or games off it should be seen in the tape.  Teams do get all excited about the combine workouts and drills but seeing how they play is the key.  The physical attributes are there but if he doesn't play hard every play maybe he isn't the best player.  Time will tell.  

5 hours ago, backshoulderfade said:

I think Allen is the better player in 2017. But you can't teach 270, 35 inch arms and a 40 inch vert.

I'd love to have Allen to a degree, but arthritis developing in both shoulders is a big concern, and that's not something that gets better either. It makes me wonder how long of an effective career will he be able to have? He's a great a talent though.

14 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

I'd love to have Allen to a degree, but arthritis developing in both shoulders is a big concern, and that's not something that gets better either. It makes me wonder how long of an effective career will he be able to have? He's a great a talent though.

From what I have read, it shouldn't be a problem for a decade. The man has a nasty streak, has great technique, powerful hands and off the field seems like a great guy. No way he drops to 15 but if he did he is a day 1 starter. He can play 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 7 tech.

33 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I don't know who's right but Ballard has always said it's in the tape.  Watch and study the tape.  If he does take plays or games off it should be seen in the tape.  Teams do get all excited about the combine workouts and drills but seeing how they play is the key.  The physical attributes are there but if he doesn't play hard every play maybe he isn't the best player.  Time will tell.  

He won't be there when the colts pick anyway