Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How does LA do this year?

Lucky Colts Fan

Rams might finish above the 9ers. 49ers are still badly lacking talent.

However, Rams don't have an offensive line or receiving threats. Solid WR#2 in Rob Woods, good gadget player in Tavon Austin and whatever Tyler Higbee will be (probably not much). They don't have much cap space or draft picks.

Damn they really screwed it up after '12 with those assets they got from RG3 trade.

Chargers don't have oline, questionable coaching staff (could be good.. could be bad) but at least they have some good talent all over the roster. Plus a high pick. I'd guess they finish dead last and pick someone like Fournette at the draft (even trade up to get him). Because, Chargers.

The NFL sent two garbage teams to L.A., ultimately screwing the Raiders out. Come time for the Chargers/Raiders game, do not be surprised if that entire stadium is loaded with Raiders fans. 

Both of them will lose 10 or more games. L.A. is a tough market as it is, but the league didn't help by sending trash teams there instead of a team with a pretty good fan base that would've showed up and still is going to show up there (Raiders). 

16 hours ago, Finball said:

Rams might finish above the 9ers. 49ers are still badly lacking talent.

However, Rams don't have an offensive line or receiving threats. Solid WR#2 in Rob Woods, good gadget player in Tavon Austin and whatever Tyler Higbee will be (probably not much). They don't have much cap space or draft picks.

Damn they really screwed it up after '12 with those assets they got from RG3 trade.

Chargers don't have oline, questionable coaching staff (could be good.. could be bad) but at least they have some good talent all over the roster. Plus a high pick. I'd guess they finish dead last and pick someone like Fournette at the draft (even trade up to get him). Because, Chargers.

Hard to believe that as big a bust RGIII has been that Washington still won that trade...after all he did lead them to the playoffs something the Rams never did.

7 hours ago, Synthetic said:

The NFL sent two garbage teams to L.A., ultimately screwing the Raiders out. Come time for the Chargers/Raiders game, do not be surprised if that entire stadium is loaded with Raiders fans. 

Both of them will lose 10 or more games. L.A. is a tough market as it is, but the league didn't help by sending trash teams there instead of a team with a pretty good fan base that would've showed up and still is going to show up there (Raiders). 

Yep I think the NFL still has it out for the Davis family. Giving them third rights to LA is a slap in the face. It's an utter shame their is no team in San Diego too...the NFL is screwing things up big time. The ratings are going to continue to drop as the league is being run into the ground and when Brady leaves and the Pats return to mediocrity the league really is going to suffer. These new QBs coming into the league have a long way to go to live up to the Brady, Bree's, Manning, Rothlisburgers of the world. 

I actually don't think the Rams will be a complete dumpster fire. Not a playoff team by any means but still competitive. 

It all depends on how well Goff does, but I would not be surprised to see them at 7-9 or even 8-8.

The Chargers meanwhile are pretty screwed. Talent wise, they're probably better than the Rams, and they still got Philip Rivers, but they play in a tougher division and if you haven't already, take a look at their schedule. Not easy, especially pre-bye. Probably 5-11 or 6-10. 

Chargers schedule is the 3rd hardest in the league if I remember correctly.  I like our 1st round pick.  Mike Williams WR perfect Rivers' type receiver, large, tall, big body, good speed, good route running, back shoulder position guy.  Play off against Keenan Allen, both will be better for it. 

*knock on wood* We simply CAN'T have another injury year like the last two.  The football gods have to have pity on us... don't they? 

I believe we surprise a lot of people.

16 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Chargers schedule is the 3rd hardest in the league if I remember correctly.  I like our 1st round pick.  Mike Williams WR perfect Rivers' type receiver, large, tall, big body, good speed, good route running, back shoulder position guy.  Play off against Keenan Allen, both will be better for it. 

*knock on wood* We simply CAN'T have another injury year like the last two.  The football gods have to have pity on us... don't they? 

I believe we surprise a lot of people.

Any word on Allen's recovery?

Early March quote from Tom Telesco,

“He is on track for where he should be,” Telesco told Chargers.com. “He has been in the building rehabbing and he is on track where he should be with his knee injury…. (whether) OTAs and preseason, that’s a pretty big range. So he will be somewhere in there. We will have a better feel probably in early April as far as a timetable on where he is.  But he is on track for where he should be which is good news.”

I thought I remembered hearing something from Keenan that he's really happy with where he is right now on his recovery, but couldn't find it.  Yesterday from Keenan on 1st round pick Mike Williams, WR:

http://www.chargers.com/news/2017/04/27/keenan-allen-offers-instant-reaction-mike-williams-selection

I can't wait to see him back, he was off to an outrageous start last year (and our offense was up until that time as well).  Having a 2nd threat on the other side as well as your 2nd year TE Hunter Henry will be good for Keenan.