Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WG Mock w/ Trades 5.0 (Final Mock)

Trades:

Trade Pick 15 to Giants for Picks 23 and 55. Giants have openly stated they would like to trade up in the draft, so this is a no-brainer

Trade Value: 1050 to 1100.

Trade Picks 46, 122, and 144 to Rams for Pick 37.

Trade Value: 524 to 530

Draft:

Round 1, Pick 23 (NYG): Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State

Round 2, Pick 37 (LAR): Rueben Foster, ILB, Alabama

Round 2, Pick 55 (NYG): Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma

Round 3, Pick 80: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington

Round 4, Pick 137 (NE): Trey Hendrickson, EDGE, Florida Atlantic

Round 5, Pick 158: Jonnu Smith, TE, Florida International

Thoughts?

Ballard should not be trading up with all the needs this team has. Plus Foster could very well last to the Colts 2nd round pick anyhow. If Ballard is convinced of Mixon's maturation, I would love the pick and getting Sidney Jones would give Indy their two starting CBs for the future in Conley and Jones. OLB should be addressed sooner though.

You got a bunch of question marks there. Foster who will enter the league in the Substance Abuse program and has injury concerns. Jones who will redshirt and might need more than a year to fully recover from a torn Achilles. Mixon who the organization may not even like. And then two small school prospects who are both projects.

A lot of talent there for sure, but the risk is almost a bit too much for me to swallow. 3 guys with injury and/or character concerns. Yikes! I hope they would pan out, but if not then we are in trouble. I guess it depends on what the organization thinks of these guys.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

You got a bunch of question marks there. Foster who will enter the league in the Substance Abuse program and has injury concerns. Jones who will redshirt and might need more than a year to fully recover from a torn Achilles. Mixon who the organization may not even like. And then two small school prospects who are both projects.

Such a high risk draft. Easy to be excited about when your job isn't on the line...

I like it. I don't think Conley will fall to 23 though. I think you will have to draft him at 15 if you want him. He might even go before 15 IMO. There are multiple draftniks that have come out of the woodworks lately saying they like Conley better than Lattimore and that there is a real possibility he goes before Lattimore in the draft. Tony Pauline who has good connections in the league said the same thing.