Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Schedule Ranked The Easiest

King Colt

The Colts get the easiest schedule and Denver gets the toughest. The first eight games for the Colts face an average W-L of .320+/- and for all 16 games the percentage is around .424 . Nice to know.

This is strictly by last year's collective winning percentage -- the Colts' opponents this year had an average winning percentage of .424 percent in 2016 -- but any team in the AFC South could be eligible for this slot. The Texans, Colts, Titans and Jaguars all get to play the woebegone Browns and 49ers, while the Jaguars also field the Jets on the road in Week 4 -- a very winnable game in Tom Coughlin's return to MetLife Stadium. So what makes the Colts' schedule a little bit more fortuitous in my opinion? A back-and-forth stretch between Sept. 10 and the end of October where you can't find two devastatingly difficult games in a row. The Colts travel to Los Angeles before taking on the Cardinals and Browns at home. Then, they go to Seattle before hosting the 49ers. Then, to Tennessee before hosting the Jags and traveling to Cincinnati. If a healthy Andrew Luck is on a roll, the Colts have a good chance of hitting the halfway point in first place.

Honestly I don't give a damn for this pre-season schedule-strength rankings. Last season is last season, we don1t know yet what this season holds for teams, injuries to key players and the easiest schedule can turn into a nightmare and vica-versa, injuries to key players at opponents and the toughest schedule doesn't look any tough at all. It1s like you evaluate the meal right after you bought ingredients, but haven't cooked the meal yet.

Of course, Skip Bayless can point out int the off-season, that colts are there exclusively due to their easiest schedule (if we make it).

I think we all know these easy or hard schedules are based on last year's records and don't mean anything this year. It's a good talking point though and you can pretty merch know that the brown, jags, 49ers, and jets are going to struggle again. The Seahawks, Steelers, and Broncos should be good. Most the other teams on the Colts schedule will be around 6-10 to 10-6.

This is honestly the dumbest type of ranking. Its bad enough people rate how a team will be pre-FA, pre-draft, or pre-season. But it is a massive metagrobolized faux pas to grade strength of schedule of an upcoming schedule before the friggin draft. Nonsense to the umpteenth degree.

I'll be honest, without any outside influence, I looked at the Colts schedule for the first time and thought "Dang, Russell Wilson is the only good QB our defense will have to deal with for the first six weeks." (And he can be had, just stay patient in defensive assignments)

I am confident the Colts can get through the first month with one loss or less.  If they beat Seattle in Seattle, shoot, it's off to the races.

If the "easiest" schedule leads to 12-4 and a home playoff game that the Colts win, then let the haters hate.

15 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

This is honestly the dumbest type of ranking. Its bad enough people rate how a team will be pre-FA, pre-draft, or pre-season. But it is a massive metagrobolized faux pas to grade strength of schedule of an upcoming schedule before the friggin draft. Nonsense to the umpteenth degree.

Hah, you're right for the most part.  Every year, teams go from worst to first and back again.  But just you watch, the good teams will do the same thing they do every year, while the bad teams will do the same things they do every year.

The strength of schedule applies to predictable teams like the Pats, Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, etc.

The strength of schedule also applies to predictable teams like the Browns, Jags, Titans, Raiders, etc.

16 hours ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Honestly I don't give a damn for this pre-season schedule-strength rankings. Last season is last season, we don1t know yet what this season holds for teams, injuries to key players and the easiest schedule can turn into a nightmare and vica-versa, injuries to key players at opponents and the toughest schedule doesn't look any tough at all. It1s like you evaluate the meal right after you bought ingredients, but haven't cooked the meal yet.

Of course, Skip Bayless can point out int the off-season, that colts are there exclusively due to their easiest schedule (if we make it).

Precisely HCF. Strength of schedule is such a farce to me because 1. No team is easy to beat in the NFL & 2. Doesn't every head coach pretty much say that last season means nothing & we all need to regroup & hit the reset button? Just line up & dominate the guy across from you for at least 11 weeks right? 

Plus, a number of our foes in 2017 have stout defenses too. Rams, Seahawks, Browns, Steelers. And what's INDY need to rebuild again? Oh yeah, our D. 

I never watch the release show anymore. The pundits always slam us or ignore us anyway. LOL! 

23 hours ago, IinD said:

Although it means nothing. I'm ok with it.

So, you're telling me that the release show is about as valuable as the New Year's Eve Ball Drop or reading my daily horoscope then? Totally worthless. Yeah, I'll rubber stamp that decree as well. 

Do you remember when reporter Geraldo Rivera opened that Al Capone vault on TV with nothing inside but air & sand? That's my opinion of the NFL release show. Nothing but a waste of my time. 

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

So, you're telling me that the release show is about as valuable as the New Year's Eve Ball Drop or reading my daily horoscope then? Totally worthless. Yeah, I'll rubber stamp that decree as well. 

I think that schedule rating is laughable

7 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I think that schedule rating is laughable

I know right? It's like when zoo animals are encouraged to eat 1 type of food over another to predict the SB winner in February. Except that everybody knows the zoo antics are a joke on purpose. But somehow, football fans are supposed to treat ESPN & NFL Network hosts like they can foreshadow a Championship in April. LOL! 

You're exactly right Jay. It is pretty darn funny! 

16 minutes ago, 100GFB said:

Yup, I checked and you don't get points for an easy schedule.  An easy or difficult schedule you got win to justify your status!

But the Chuck haters will tell you he only has a great winning % because we played in an easy Division his first 3 years haha. Eventhough they ignore we owned Denver and KC during that 3 year frame and even beat Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers as well lmao 

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Do you remember when reporter Geraldo Rivera opened that Al Capone vault on TV with nothing inside but air & sand? That's my opinion of the NFL release show. Nothing but a waste of my time. 

I do remember how let down I was with the Al Capone vault. He opened it and found a couple glass bottles. That's all I remember about that special :D.

I also don't buy an easier schedule based on a teams record the year before means anything as well.

I just hope the D could get into the 15-20 range. That would be a world better then 30 something like last year.

12 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I friggin' love the avatar!

"Cheers babe."

12 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I agree, I usually make final predictions right after pre-season. Some key players on teams often get injured in pre-season is why I just wait. To make any kind of predictions of how good teams may be pre-draft makes no sense at all.

On 4/21/2017 at 0:54 AM, BProland85 said:

Haven't they "reportedly" had the easiest schedule the past few years? 

no, technically the texans did

its because they played us, where as we played them and they ended with a better record

I know you can't rank a team based on last year, but I'd be shocked if we can't win atleast 10 games. We'll probably drop two division games, Pitt sea cards and probably bills because it'll probably be snowing by that time

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, I usually make final predictions right after pre-season. Some key players on teams often get injured in pre-season is why I just wait. To make any kind of predictions of how good teams may be pre-draft makes no sense at all.

I get people do it it for fun. I just never saw any point to it. Kind of like mock drafts. To each there own, and for me, i just like to poke fun at them.

2 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

every year is completely different, strength of schedule means absolutely nothing IMO, just another so called "stat" that the so called "experts" can ramble on about when they run out of stuff to talk about

That's about 95% of everything that comes out of their mouths.

It looks a bit loaded with trap games to me. Need to stay on our toes.

I even worry about week 1 with our crappy week 1 history. And yeah the Rams are junk but the time slot is mid day too and I HATE when we play that slot. 

So yeah easy or not I would feel a lot better once we can get wins vs. the Rams and Browns etc........bleh.