Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Schedule

Smonroe

NFL 2017 Easiest Strength of Schedule - Indianapolis Colts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000801440/article/easiest-nfl-schedules-in-2017-colts-sitting-pretty

Not bad, a "weak" strength of schedule should help this young Team reach the playoffs.

"PLAYOFFS!?!" - Jim Mora just saw the 2017 schedule & had to speculate. 

I feel that this is a "+10 win" schedule, but We don't know if We're a 10 win Team. After next Saturday We'll have a more of an idea.

Honestly:

Last year's Team could have easily won 10 games if it was stronger at closing out some games. So it doesn't matter how easy or tough a schedule is cause...

We still have to Play the games!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to take anything for granted even if the schedule looks weak at times. I need to see how the Colts improve first.

Even the Rams who I think we should beat well.......we often flop week 1. So I still will be nervous about it.

35 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

10 and 6 at least. If cannot make playoffs with this schedule, Chuck be gone.

Pretty much. IMO if we don't win the division or at least make the playoffs this year with this schedule then it is pretty clear Chuck is gone. He has a good chance this year to redeem himself and starting early.

I mean if we can't beat the Rams and Browns then omg........but I always worry about the underdogs that look like crap and then rise up big against us.

I was gonna say.. why we always opening on the road.. then I remember last years travesty in 34 seconds.. I fully expect us to lose game 1 just because we always do.. and it's an opponent we should be able to beat. Then lose close at home game 2. Beat the Browns.. Somehow beat the seahawks in Seattle then San Fran, then lose like 5 in a row. Somehow get to 8-8.. Watch a surprise team in the AFC do well only to fall behind by a game or two to "yours truly" who will have home field advantage and win the yet another super bowl.

It's gonna be a  GREEAT season:sarcasm:

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

I wont get san fran and seattle?

You should have no problem getting all the 49ers games because they are in the Bay Area along with the Raiders (although they are moving and were subject to blackouts from time to time).  There's also the Giants and the A's for baseball.  The Warriors for basketball and the Sharks for hockey.  So, there's plenty of pro sports in the area.  Seattle games will be only national broadcasts only.

I've always felt like far too much was made of the schedule.  It feels like literally every team's fans say the schedule makers have it out for them and they got the short end of the stick and the league hates them.  At the end of the day, you just gotta play the game.

I think the schedule is fair.  I think it's very reasonable.  I predicted 11-5 last year and was way wrong.  I think the Colts can win 10-11 this year as well.  I guess we'll see how things pan out.  Why is it that they always have to play Houston at Houston first during the season?  It seems like it's been that way for Lucks tenure in Indy.  Not that it matters, I just wondered. 

On 4/20/2017 at 7:02 PM, neug3246 said:

That's a league wide thing for every team, not just the Colts.

I like it, it's a way to build up rivalries, lets face it AFC south rivalries are not at the level of the other divisions. maybe someday I'll hate the Titans & Jaguars more than the Steelers.

You cannot beat pre season optimism for any team, and I getting excited reading all the comments on here already.

I am disappointed that we are not playing in London again this year as my trip down from Scotland will rank as one of the best sporting experiences of my life (apart from the score), and that includes going to see Scotland play in the soccer world cup in 1998 ( that said we lost that night as well)

But anyway, it wont be long till the season is coming round again and I look forward to sharing the ups and downs with every-one on here.

On 4/20/2017 at 8:00 PM, chad72 said:

Wow, 4 NFC West teams in the first 5. Might be good warm ups before playing the tough part of our schedules. 

Sunday Night at Seahawks, Monday Night at Titans and Thanksgiving Thursday night vs Broncos (mostly a win).

I LOVE the fact that we have a TON of 1 pm ET games, because for some reason our 1 pm ET performances tend to be good. So, the Steelers game at 1 pm ET, I am hoping is not flexed later.

You had me convinced we had a thanksgiving game, but we don't lol. We play Denver week 15. I love the Week 4 match up. We have Cleveland the previous week, so hopefully we blow them out and are able to rest some of our guys. 

I honestly believe Seattle will not be the powerhouse they have been defensively anymore Sherman is no longer a top 3 corner. Thomas can not stay healthy, and there D-Line isn't all that great. I honestly believe we may start the season out 6-1, 7-1. 

I do like the 1 pm games as well. I think the Steelers game is too early in the season to be flexed as well. 

I like how we have Jacksonville and Tennessee back to back both times throughout the season. Schedule is definitely in our favor.