Smonroe

Colts Schedule

102 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Your prayers have been answered.

i had a 1 in 17 chance. so freaking happy/lucky

1 person likes this

Knowing the Colts, they'll start the year at 2-3 with the losses being to LA, Cleveland, and San Fran, and the wins being against AZ and SEA haha.

But for real, I know it's early but I'd be disappointed with anything less than 3-2 to start the year. That's a cookie cutter start. 

1 person likes this

Better not lose to Cleveland is my early thought on this schedule.

2 very winnable early games with Goff and a nearly retired Palmer. 

Week 1 will tell us a lot. If the Colts come out and do what they should against the Rams, this season could be a resurgence

We have a pretty solid chance at starting out 3-0

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

We have a pretty solid chance at starting out 3-0

Agreed and I'm on the fire Pags wagon.

If they get anything resembling a pass rush we could and should see 3-0 against those QBs.

1 person likes this

Agree on 3-0. Should be that heading to Seattle for SNF. That game would have quite the hype

Don't mark LA down as an easy win right now. Especially if Goff decides to breakout. And they still got a good defense. 

Remember, we were all marking down Detroit week 1 as an easy win last year. Look what happened.

A favourable start yes, but nothing in the NFL is guaranteed.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, NorthernBlue said:

Don't mark LA down as an easy win right now. Especially if Goff decides to breakout. And they still got a good defense. 

Remember, we were all marking down Detroit week 1 as an easy win last year. Look what happened.

Agreed

Man we have a solid chance of starting 3-0 and I love we play Houston here on the final day as well, that could decide the division.

I like this schedule, expect them to lockup the division early into the season :thmup:

Love that both of the games I am attending are early on too, see you in LA and Seattle!

15 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

i had a 1 in 17 chance. so freaking happy/lucky

I can imagine.  Hopefully, it will be a good game, with the Colts winning of course.

29 minutes ago, Superman said:

That has been my plan since the Rams moved. Now the schedule is out, and I already have a non-optional engagement that weekend. 

Unbelievable. I hate this schedule.

That stinks dude!

26 minutes ago, CR91 said:

ill actually be moving to the bay area so Ill be able to catch three colts games on local tv

I'm not sure the Bay Area will broadcast any sports that comes out of LA, unless a Bay Area team is involved.

2 minutes ago, Albaby said:

I'm not sure the Bay Area will broadcast any sports that comes out of LA, unless a Bay Area team is involved.

I wont get san fran and seattle?

38 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Does it matter if all they do is hand it to Lamar Miller for 100 plus yards? :) 

With Hankins and a healthy Langford and Anderson, and a decent LB corp, I promise he will have a tough time breaking 80

Man, if the same teams are bad next year as they were this year, we got a cakewalk of a schedule.

I don't like always playing division opponent in last game of year. Mix it up. 

Thursday night game... at home...? 

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

That's not going to happen.  The league does that for a reason, to make the last game of the year more meaningful.

We better beat the stealers. Sick of them!

2 people like this

If we start 1-2 before heading to Seattle, Pagano's seat would get real hot.

Yay!! I might finally be able to go to my second Colts game!! Last time i went was when they played the chargers, but now they play the Rams! And i live in LA!! Let's Gooooooooo

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If we start 1-2 before heading to Seattle, Pagano's seat would get real hot.

It might even be vacant...

9 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

It might even be vacant...

We usually don't can coaches so we'd have to be like 1-6 or 7 before I'd see Jim canning Pags.

We don't have a healthy Luck yet. Remember when we were told Peyton Manning would be ready for the season and then he wasn't?  Nothing easy about an NFL schedule especially with injuries.

52 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

That's a league wide thing for every team, not just the Colts.

1 hour ago, NorthernBlue said:

Especially with The uncertainty of Lucks rehab.   He my not be ready 

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Wow, 4 NFC West teams in the first 5. Might be good warm ups before playing the tough part of our schedules. 

Sunday Night at Seahawks, Monday Night at Titans and Thanksgiving Thursday night vs Broncos (mostly a win).

I LOVE the fact that we have a TON of 1 pm ET games, because for some reason our 1 pm ET performances tend to be good. So, the Steelers game at 1 pm ET, I am hoping is not flexed later.

We play the broncos in December 

1 person likes this

Just bought my Colts ticket for week one. It'll be my first Colt game. So excited.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, horseshoepower said:

Losing at home to the Texans have been devastating for the last two seasons, this time it will be more important to protect home turf!

Yeah we can't allow that to happen again

9 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

We play the broncos in December 

Thanks. Bad memories from the Steelers thanksgiving game are still being re-lived, I guess, with my sub-conscience seeking redemption on thanksgiving. :) 

That is pretty late in the year for a Thursday night game, IMO, when they should be scheduling division opponents.

1 hour ago, a06cc said:

We better beat the stealers. Sick of them!

I'll need receipts for that one though. We seem to be their beach....

2 hours ago, MTC said:

That's a solid schedule. No complaints. 

All the experts say we have an easy schedule this year I don't see anything easy about that schedule.

They can't and shouldn't start slow this year. They put maybe the two easiest games on their schedule in the first three weeks with a home gsme vs the Cards sandwiched in between.  Not unrealistic to think the Colts could start 3-0.  Then the 49ers two weeks later.  The goal should be 4-1 out of the gate.