Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reuben Foster just failed a drug test [Merge]

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Not just him.  i don't want Foster either. I think we need at least 1 pass rusher. We also need a solid corner.  I hope highly graded players that fit this are available when we pick.

Thank God your name is not Chris Ballard. Take a pass rusher, we have 7 picks in the first 5 rounds if you didn't know in a edge class thats pretty nice. Corner at #46 in the 2nd will have great value. Your really sleeping on Jabaal Sheard and Jon Simon but we will add an edge just not round 1. Foster is the best talent IF he falls to 15 which I still don't think happens.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I hear you but I think it is just a small percentage. Most of the people here are pretty great. There are many people who really know their football. A few people make some ill-advised comments, but the mods do a good job of keeping them in check.

Anyway, do you want the Colts to draft Foster?

Hard to say without knowing all of the information.  If the Colts have done their due diligence and they are okay with drafting him, then fine.  If it is perceived as an significant issue, Foster will probably drop out of the first round.

42 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Thank God your name is not Chris Ballard. Take a pass rusher, we have 7 picks in the first 5 rounds if you didn't know in a edge class thats pretty nice. Corner at #46 in the 2nd will have great value. Your really sleeping on Jabaal Sheard and Jon Simon but we will add an edge just not round 1. Foster is the best talent IF he falls to 15 which I still don't think happens.

Gil Brandt - Chris Landry Grades- (Before Foster failed drug test!!)

#14 Rueben Foster

Senior. Played regularly as a true freshman in 2013. Won Butkus Award in 2016 when he finished with 115 tackles. Very tough, competitive player. Very athletic. Was targeted 40 times in 2016 and opponents caught the ball 23 times. No one plays harder, but style of play has led to injuries; he's currently rehabbing from shoulder surgery. Can he stay healthy at 230 pounds? Has overcome a lot in his life to get where he is today.

Above average play speed and closing burst…sideline-to-sideline range…explosive tackler.
quick eyes to diagnose and find the quickest route to the ball, shows patience and anticipation to avoid blockers when reading the run, putting himself in position to make the stop. lost nearly 20 pounds prior to his senior season due to stricter eating habits, improving his movements in 2016.

#16  Derek Barnett

Finished with more sacks (33, including 13 in 2016) at Tennessee than Reggie White did. Participated in everything at the combine despite being ill. Had 29 of his 33 sacks vs. SEC teams. Played 76 snaps on special teams. Plays with energy and outstanding effort. Highly motivated. Has body frame to put on additional weight. Great character.

" He’s not going to run a fast 40, but if you like tough, violent, high-motor players with production, he is your guy. The 6-foot-3, 267-pounder was a first-team All-SEC pick and first-team All-American last season after posting 18 TFL and 12 sacks. I wouldn’t rule him out as an early down standup outside linebacker who could play down in nickel.  "

I'm thankful neither you nor I are the Colts GM.  I still take Barnett over Foster at #15, thank you very much.  I'd love a Jared Allen type guy, that can also drop  in coverage.

3 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

As an interesting side note, Rueben Foster never intercepted a pass, nor created or recovered a fumble during his 4 years at Alabama!!

I was watching some of his highlights and he had a pick 6 so he has at least one INT.

3 hours ago, BOTT said:

I was watching some of his highlights and he had a pick 6 so he has at least one INT.

I'm not going to dispute what you saw... but I didn't see that.  What I did see were a couple articles where it was mentioned so I looked-

Foster_zero_zpsnt4qbmwy.png

He played alongside C.J. Mosley and Reggie Ragland at times.  Maybe it was one of them?  I don't know...

• 4 months later...
21 minutes ago, JohnWilliams said:

Foster, acknowledging that someone eventually was going to violate his privacy rights by reporting on a failed drug test under the substance-abuse policy, opted to disclose the situation to one of the outlets that would have been ready and willing to violate his privacy rights by reporting on the failed test.

Is this true?  There are pretty severe penalties for anyone caught doing such a thing.  I might have to try to dig for clarification.

{Can't help but conjure up some Julian Assange type of person off in some foreign country starting up DruggiLeaks}

Oh, welcome to the forum.

On 9/4/2017 at 8:06 AM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Is this true?  There are pretty severe penalties for anyone caught doing such a thing.  I might have to try to dig for clarification.

{Can't help but conjure up some Julian Assange type of person off in some foreign country starting up DruggiLeaks}

Oh, welcome to the forum.

.Druggileaks...where athletes go to hide those anabolic and recreational thingys...lol