ColtsArmy84

Reuben Foster just failed a drug test [Merge]

208 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

This is what gets me as well.  i had bad food poisoning once, it was dreadful.  I was single and lived far from friends and family.  (had just moved). I was on the couch in a terrible shape with vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramps, muscle aches. you name it.  Didn't feel like moving (let alone eating or drinking!) except to make it to the bathroom.  I would have paid good money for a Dr., nurse to come by and start an I.V. in me, no doubt.

Yeah, it just doesn't add up for me.  He's asking us to buy way too many coincidences with the drug test and the nurse incident.  

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW - Foster didn't "just" fail a drug test.  According to the reports - this occurred during the NFL Combine some two months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Yeah, it just doesn't add up for me.  He's asking us to buy way too many coincidences with the drug test and the nurse incident.  

Precisely. Food poisoning? When? Aren't there like a million doctors at the combine too? Was he going to workout with bad food poisoning? It doesn't make sense. We literally heard nothing about food poisoning until he failed his drug test. Just like he conveniently gets sent home right when they're about to check his shoulder out.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

Precisely. Food poisoning? When? Aren't there like a million doctors at the combine too? Was he going to workout with bad food poisoning? It doesn't make sense. We literally heard nothing about food poisoning until he failed his drug test. Just like he conveniently gets sent home right when they're about to check his shoulder out.

He's starting to appear to be a headache at bare minimum.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2017 at 10:55 AM, Dingus McGirt said:

BTW - Foster didn't "just" fail a drug test.  According to the reports - this occurred during the NFL Combine some two months ago.

 

Which is why I wonder if the Colts knew before they brought him in for a Private Interview.  He could not  (of course) participate in a private workout at that time, so it was pure discussion.  I'll bet the diluted test was known by teams much earlier than the public and the Colts FO and coaches grilled him on it in addition to other things.  How they feel coming out of that meeting will determine his position on the Big Board.

 

On 4/21/2017 at 10:55 AM, Defjamz26 said:

Precisely. Food poisoning? When? Aren't there like a million doctors at the combine too? Was he going to workout with bad food poisoning? It doesn't make sense. We literally heard nothing about food poisoning until he failed his drug test. Just like he conveniently gets sent home right when they're about to check his shoulder out.

 

How much could he do because of the shoulder?  Any how, this diluted combine drug test {But very possible the NFL let all teams know immediately after it was known)} is troubling. And I think the Colts knew about it before his Private Invite.  Ballard is known to inteerrogate personally before making decisions.  I'll bet he reported his findings directly to Irsay, if Jim wasn't there himself.

 

" Pre-draft visits are very much worth paying attention to because teams only get 30 of them each year. These visits can often be for a variety of reasons, whether it’s to build a relationship with a guy, answer questions about him (whether on the field or off of it), or other things, so it can at times be difficult to tell the reason(s) for each meeting. With Foster, however, it seems quite clear that the Colts want to know as much as possible about him now that it actually seems reasonable to think Foster could perhaps drop to them at number 15."

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing i can say is, If RB Dalvin Cook is on the board at 15, and if we go a different direction i.e. (Foster, Reddick, etc..) We should definitely trade up to get him (Dalvin Cook). Similarly to the SS Landon Collins, who Giants if i'm not mistaken, traded up to get. Dalvin Cook is scary good. meaning he could pop it for a TD on almost any play with the ball in his hands (see NOLES v CANES 2016 ran 150yrds, vs Clemson 169 yrds, & 4 TDs vs FLA 153 yrds). After Reuben Foster (who won my respect in the National Championship game) Dalvin Cook is my second fav player, and have said that the Colts should draft him ever since 2016.

 

I truly believe the the 2nd pick may be the tone setter for this team, And if we get a player of Cooks talent, we will be balling in 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

You can go on believing that Foster has never done anything that would show up on a drug screen and that his first testing was diluted by accident.  That's pretty naive if you ask me, but that's your right.  I'll remain skeptical, because in all the times I've ever seen diluted samples, the explanation was dubious at best.  I'm not ignoring facts, I'm just not buying the same story you are because I don't believe everything I hear.

I'm not saying Foster hasn't smoked weed, I'm sure he has. He's not a choir boy either obviously. He's the opposite. My point was Randy is bi polar and failed tests through the year then failed for pot at the combine. Where as Foster doesn't have a mental illness and didn't fail throughout college.(like his teammate Tim did) 

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

PS not complaining or anything, but I always think it's a little funny when you come to an end of an argument and instead of responding saying your done, you "like" the post.  It's like, "dude, why did you like my post, I was just arguing with you."  LOL.  

 

On a serious note, no hard feelings.

Exactly, no hard feelings   

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to go to a new job interview in a couple of weeks. The job pays millions and millions of dollars. I think I will go out with the boys tonight and celebrate by drinking and smoking some weed. I know the prospective employer does drug test but I feel lucky or stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jet1968 said:

I'm going to go to a new job interview in a couple of weeks. The job pays millions and millions of dollars. I think I will go out with the boys tonight and celebrate by drinking and smoking some weed. I know the prospective employer does drug test but I feel lucky or stupid.

Maybe it was  PED, maybe it was nothing.   

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tunsil smoked an actual gas mask full of weed on camera and still got picked at 13.

 

Foster will fall a little bit but I doubt he makes it to the second round and still hope he doesn't make it to 16.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Maybe it was  PED, maybe it was nothing.   

True.  But you don't need a court case and proof beyond a reasonable doubt to take him off of your draft board or to form a personal opinion of him and his actions.

 

I'm to assume the failed test and inconsistencies are benign until I can prove otherwise?  I'll never be able to prove otherwise, but I'd just as soon go a different direction with pick 15.  The team has more holes than just ILB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jskinnz said:

 

No arguing it?  Nonsense.

 

Get back to me in 5 years when the guys in this pipe-dream of a draft of yours have actually played some NFL games and proven themselves.  Until then there is plenty to argue about.

 

What I'm saying is you cant argue that, that draft, could be the best. No that it definitely would be, but just that it could possibly be if those guys fall. 2nd. With everything that's happened those guys will drop. Now maybe Foster just drops to the end of the 1st, Williams to the 2nd, Lewis and Mixon to the 3rd, but with what's happened its a possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

The only thing i can say is, If RB Dalvin Cook is on the board at 15, and if we go a different direction i.e. (Foster, Reddick, etc..) We should definitely trade up to get him (Dalvin Cook). Similarly to the SS Landon Collins, who Giants if i'm not mistaken, traded up to get. Dalvin Cook is scary good. meaning he could pop it for a TD on almost any play with the ball in his hands (see NOLES v CANES 2016 ran 150yrds, vs Clemson 169 yrds, & 4 TDs vs FLA 153 yrds). After Reuben Foster (who won my respect in the National Championship game) Dalvin Cook is my second fav player, and have said that the Colts should draft him ever since 2016.

 

I truly believe the the 2nd pick may be the tone setter for this team, And if we get a player of Cooks talent, we will be balling in 2017.

 

So can Joe Mixon who could be had in the 2nd-4th range. In fact......Mixon's better.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Maybe it was  PED, maybe it was nothing.   

I'm not sure how failed translates into nothing. Point is he knew he was going to be taking a drug screen a long time before he showed up to take one. and still didnt pass it. Not a very wise career move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ClaytonColt said:

Tunsil smoked an actual gas mask full of weed on camera and still got picked at 13.

 

Foster will fall a little bit but I doubt he makes it to the second round and still hope he doesn't make it to 16.

Nkemdiche smoked pot and fell out of a window in December.  there was also questions of maturity for him and he fell to the mid-20s.  But you throw on top of that the medical concerns and that might be cherry on top that gets him booted to round 2.  

 

No one really knows how these red flags stack up.  Some of it is just dumb luck.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jet1968 said:

I'm not sure how failed translates into nothing. Point is he knew he was going to be taking a drug screen a long time before he showed up to take one. and still didnt pass it. Not a very wise career move

It was diluted,  Not actually a failed test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

Nkemdiche smoked pot and fell out of a window in December.  there was also questions of maturity for him and he fell to the mid-20s.  But you throw on top of that the medical concerns and that might be cherry on top that gets him booted to round 2.  

 

No one really knows how these red flags stack up.  Some of it is just dumb luck.

Nkemdiche wasn't really a top 10 talent though was he?

 

The medical concerns about the shoulder are still the biggest issue to me. All the rest of it is just putting him in our range.

 

Hopefully we won't be in a position to be picking a top 10 player again for the next few years. If we get the opportunity to grab one I don't think we should pass it up.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It was diluted,  Not actually a failed test.

Still yet it wasnt a negative test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A urine screen isn't the only test out there.  They can easily give him a hair follicle test that will show results for the last 90 days.  Failing for dilution is not a reason in my mind to pass on him at all.  He will be a steal at 15. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

 

So can Joe Mixon who could be had in the 2nd-4th range. In fact......Mixon's better.

 

Debatable point.

 

Here is a scouting report RB list - Running Back

These are a Ranking by Grade, not necessarily where they will be taken in the draft.  Different teams value different skill sets for a better 'fit'.


    6.9 – 6.5 = Immediate Starter (3)

    6.9 = Early 1st Round  (0)

 

    6.5 = Mid to Late 1st Round Value (3)

1. (JR) LEONARD FOURNETTE—LSU (Medical issue)

2. (JR) DALVIN COOK—FLORIDA STATE (Medical / Character issues)

3. (JR) CHRISTIAN MCCAFFERY–STANFORD (Bulk, too lean for position)

 

    6.4 – 6.0 = Potential Starter (3)

    6.4 = Early 2nd Round Value

4. (JR) ALVIN KAMARA–TENNESSEE

 

    6.0 = Mid to Late 2nd Round Value

5. (rsSO) JOE MIXON–OKLAHOMA (Character issue)

6. (JR) D’ONTA FOREMAN–TEXAS

 

    5.9 – 5.5 = Has a chance to make and Contribute (6)

    5.9 = 3rd Round Value

7. (JR) MARLON MACK–SOUTH FLORIDA

8. KAREEM HUNT—TOLEDO

9. MATTHEW DAYES–NORTH CAROLINA STATE

 

    5.5 = 4th Round Value

10. (JR) SAMAJE PERINE–OKLAHOMA


Yes, I have the full scouting reports on all of these guys... and a lot more!  :-)

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

We're pick #46 in the 2nd...

 

So you know what's gonna happen right? As you watch in anticipation, there's one team on the clock and the colts are next...the player you have your fingers crossed for will be drafted, 1 spot ahead of the colts. smh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

We're pick #46 in the 2nd...

 

If foster falls that far,  It will be over injury concerns not a diluted drug test

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

PS not complaining or anything, but I always think it's a little funny when you come to an end of an argument and instead of responding saying your done, you "like" the post.  It's like, "dude, why did you like my post, I was just arguing with you."  LOL.  

 

On a serious note, no hard feelings.

He should like this post for humour

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

The only thing i can say is, If RB Dalvin Cook is on the board at 15, and if we go a different direction i.e. (Foster, Reddick, etc..) We should definitely trade up to get him (Dalvin Cook). Similarly to the SS Landon Collins, who Giants if i'm not mistaken, traded up to get. Dalvin Cook is scary good. meaning he could pop it for a TD on almost any play with the ball in his hands (see NOLES v CANES 2016 ran 150yrds, vs Clemson 169 yrds, & 4 TDs vs FLA 153 yrds). After Reuben Foster (who won my respect in the National Championship game) Dalvin Cook is my second fav player, and have said that the Colts should draft him ever since 2016.

 

I truly believe the the 2nd pick may be the tone setter for this team, And if we get a player of Cooks talent, we will be balling in 2017.

No one will agree with you here. No disrespect but real Colts fans would hate to see Dalvin Cook and I'd bet all the money I own we don't take him. Good player tho, just super overrated IMO 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

We're pick #46 in the 2nd...

 

Wow Mike that was such an ignorant tweet!! No wonder your an analysist and your daddy was the one winning SBs. Ruben is still a top 25 pick I'll put money on it Lombardi!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Wow Mike that was such an ignorant tweet!! No wonder your an analysist and your daddy was the one winning SBs. Ruben is still a top 25 pick I'll put money on it Lombardi!!

They aren't related

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Wow Mike that was such an ignorant tweet!! No wonder your an analysist and your daddy was the one winning SBs. Ruben is still a top 25 pick I'll put money on it Lombardi!!

Based on your last two posts, I'm guessing today was payday for you.   :)

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Based on your last two posts, I'm guessing today was payday for you.   :)

Hahahaha ohhh that was too perfect!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They aren't related

Aaaaa so he's just a normal dunce, I see. I always thought he was his son even back in the day when he was on NFL Network, I mean why else is this guy on TV he's a boring monotone *.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tmoney said:

Aaaaa so he's just a normal dunce, I see. I always thought he was his son even back in the day when he was on NFL Network, I mean why else is this guy on TV he's a boring monotone *.

He was a scout and executive for years.  He was the Brown's GM for a short time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ClaytonColt said:

Nkemdiche wasn't really a top 10 talent though was he?

 

The medical concerns about the shoulder are still the biggest issue to me. All the rest of it is just putting him in our range.

 

Hopefully we won't be in a position to be picking a top 10 player again for the next few years. If we get the opportunity to grab one I don't think we should pass it up.

Depends on how bad the injury is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tmoney said:

No one will agree with you here. No disrespect but real Colts fans would hate to see Dalvin Cook and I'd bet all the money I own we don't take him. Good player tho, just super overrated IMO 

Not true, I think Cook is the most dynamic RB in this class and would bring our offense to top 3. 

He's a difference maker and has the tape to prove it.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tmoney said:

No one will agree with you here. No disrespect but real Colts fans would hate to see Dalvin Cook and I'd bet all the money I own we don't take him. Good player tho, just super overrated IMO 

Over hyped? I'm not looking for likes. Cook played on one of the best teams in the country for the past 3 years. And has balled out in the ACC. What are you talking about. He ran for 4 TDs against the national champions. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Nkemdiche smoked pot and fell out of a window in December.  there was also questions of maturity for him and he fell to the mid-20s.  But you throw on top of that the medical concerns and that might be cherry on top that gets him booted to round 2.  

 

No one really knows how these red flags stack up.  Some of it is just dumb luck.

Yeah, this is nothing new really.  There have been  a LOT of goofballs that have been in the NFL and it isn't a predictor of success.  Some grow up, some don't.  There's really no way to know until a couple of years have passed.  I will say this, Ballard has had success in predicting it with Peters.  He has been fine.  So if Ballard takes him, I would be OK with it.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JRnINDY said:

Not true, I think Cook is the most dynamic RB in this class and would bring our offense to top 3. 

He's a difference maker and has the tape to prove it.

He's probably the 3rd best back in the class maybe even 4th if you include Joe Mixon but we clearly have different opinions. I can't see him having that much of an impact wherever he goes, he's not Zeke or Fournette he's going to get limited touches in the NFL just like Jamaal Charles. 15-20 carries 5-10 catches and pray he doesn't CONTINUE to get hurt. Injuries are already a lingering problem for him. And tbh I don't think he's that special, he's fast but doesn't have breath taking speed, he's not very elusive and isn't crafty in the open field, and he's hands are OK at best concentration drops get the best if him. Even if he did make our O top 3, our D is still 30th. OL still 25th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Over hyped? I'm not looking for likes. Cook played on one of the best teams in the country for the past 3 years. And has balled out in the ACC. What are you talking about. He ran for 4 TDs against the national champions. 

Yes you read right over rated over hyped all that. What does his teams success have anything to do with him as an individual prospect. He's not a QB wins are not a trait for a RB. How many good D does the ACC even have? Clemson, Louisville.....not impressed. Fournette was in the SEC, McCaffery was in the PAC 12 both are better conferences. None of that even matters, I explained why I dont like him in the post above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tmoney said:

No one will agree with you here. No disrespect but real Colts fans would hate to see Dalvin Cook and I'd bet all the money I own we don't take him. Good player tho, just super overrated IMO 

 

3 hours ago, Tmoney said:

Yes you read right over rated over hyped all that. What does his teams success have anything to do with him as an individual prospect. He's not a QB wins are not a trait for a RB. How many good D does the ACC even have? Clemson, Louisville.....not impressed. Fournette was in the SEC, McCaffery was in the PAC 12 both are better conferences. None of that even matters, I explained why I dont like him in the post above.

You may not like this but, many nfl mock "experts" have the Colts selecting him at 15, in the first round. He's over hyped alright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Yeah, this is nothing new really.  There have been  a LOT of goofballs that have been in the NFL and it isn't a predictor of success.  Some grow up, some don't.  There's really no way to know until a couple of years have passed.  I will say this, Ballard has had success in predicting it with Peters.  He has been fine.  So if Ballard takes him, I would be OK with it.

Agreed all around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.