Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reuben Foster just failed a drug test [Merge]

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.....

To recap....    he's got bad shoulders....

He's failed at least one drug test....

And the latest buzz is the NFL has concerns over the people that Foster hangs out with........

I think we have our candidate for 1st round player who might fall further than some think...

I'm not saying he falls out of the first round -- but he might -- only that once upon a time he was looked at by some as a top-5 guy.      Then it became top-10.      Then top-15 with Indy a possibility.

Now?      Who knows?

EDIT:    I just read that the failed drug test was at the COMBINE!!

I'll never understand kids who can't stay clean enough to be drug free at the combine.       You know when it is...    it's on the calendar.      you know how long you have to be off he stuff.    

And you STILL fail the test?

No thanks..........

10 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

1st Round to 3rd Day or UDFA?

I could see a slip to the upper to mid 2nd, but no further. With it being a diluted sample vs an outright positive test for a substance, I can see a team pulling the trigger in the 2nd. I'm fine without taking him, but that also means Reddick becomes the #1 ILB prospect and most likely is gone by 15...

22 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Yes

I just checked NFLs official document on this. As diluted sample isn't that rare, and in Olympic sports testing it happens quite often and isn't punished in anyway; but in NFL drug testing program, the criteria is very low so if one has that dilute sample, it's probably because some sort of diuretic/masking agent has been used.

Being very sick is another option but not sure that's the case here.

Do you guys even know how to read? It's a diluted sample. 

I also like his attitude regarding the "failed" drug test. It's hard to tell whether he actually has food poisoning, but the way he approached it was nice. If he falls to 15, I definitely want him there. 

7 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

I also like his attitude regarding the "failed" drug test. It's hard to tell whether he actually has food poisoning, but the way he approached it was nice. If he falls to 15, I definitely want him there. 

Where there is smoke there is fire

Just now, BR-549 said:

lol.... much truth within that statement

I worked in a drug rehab court program as an intern, it happens ALL. THE. TIME.  And they get called out on it with other people in the program in an effort to basically tell everyone else, "Hey, we know you drank too much water on purpose.  We can tell, so just don't do it or you'll get in more trouble for trying to evade it."  They knew they were getting tested, they were told not to drink over a certain amount within x hours before testing, but people did it anyway.

37 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

OK.....

And the latest buzz is the NFL has concerns over the people that Foster hangs out with........

I think we have our candidate for 1st round player who might fall further than some think...

I'm not saying he falls out of the first round -- but he might -- only that once upon a time he was looked at by some as a top-5 guy.      Then it became top-10.      Then top-15 with Indy a possibility.

Now?      Who knows?

I'll never understand kids who can't stay clean enough to be drug free at the combine.       You know when it is...    it's on the calendar.      you know how long you have to be off he stuff.    

No thanks..........

Couldn't agree more.  Speaks to plain old intelligence (or lack of it) or to some character flaw that is preventing him from making poor decisions.  Either one will eventually affect his play.

40 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

OK.....

Now?      Who knows?

No thanks..........

I think he goes to day 2. I'll say around pick 2.45

12 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Yes, because people know how to avoid positive samples.  People do it all the time and its that reason that diluted samples are treated as positives.  This isn't some ground breaking concept.  It happens all the time in drug rehab programs because people seem to think they can get away with it (some actually do).  In their mind, i'ts better to drink too much water and hope to get away with it than go into a test and admit defeat.  

So when there's a diluted sample (and this is ESPECIALLY true when you know you are getting one), a diluted sample is rightfully treated as a positive result.  You are told beforehand not to drink to X amount water within X time before your test or it will dilute the sample and be treated as a positive.  If you go in and give a diluted sample, chances are, you're trying to cheat the results.

So yes, we know how to read.  We just know what it means when the sample is diluted.

5 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I worked in a drug rehab court program as an intern, it happens ALL. THE. TIME.  And they get called out on it with other people in the program in an effort to basically tell everyone else, "Hey, we know you drank too much water on purpose.  We can tell, so just don't do it or you'll get in more trouble for trying to evade it."  They knew they were getting tested, they were told not to drink over a certain amount within x hours before testing, but people did it anyway.

Sure they did and that will never change.  I am "positive" RF knew he was getting tested too...and he also was aware of what you are saying...  maybe this was part of his aggravation prior to getting sent home.... he knew he would test positive.  Too bad, he is a good LBr..... someone will deal with it though just like always.

Edited by BR-549
abbreviated for positive which I didn't expect to trigger the content filter, lol

2 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Sure they did and that will never change.  I am "positive" RF knew he was getting tested too...and he also was aware of what you are saying...  maybe this was part of his aggravation prior to getting sent home.... he knew he would test *.  Too bad, he is a good LBr..... someone will deal with it though just like always.

The scary part is that Drug Screening at the combine is not new

1 minute ago, BR-549 said:

Sure they did and that will never change.  I am "positive" RF knew he was getting tested too...and he also was aware of what you are saying...  maybe this was part of his aggravation prior to getting sent home.... he knew he would test *.  Too bad, he is a good LBr..... someone will deal with it though just like always.

Yeah, this will drop his draft stock a bit - not sure how far.  It's always a toss up.  Tunsil dropped like 10 picks or something.  Randy Gregory dropped almost 2 rounds.  If I recall, Gregory tested positive at the combine, while Tunsil's was an old video.  So I'm thinking this is more like Gregory.  He may not drop that far because I think Gregory already had some weed busts on his record, but I wouldn't be surprised if Foster dropped a full round.