Everyone

Colts sign Jon Bostic

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

This doesn't keep the team from drafting ILB.   He hasn't lived up to his pre draft hype.  He has been traded twice in his short career.   He is here to compete.  

No it doesn't but maybe not the first pick now.  Maybe R. McMillan in a later round.   I wish he would also sign Pasztor.  That's just me though.

6 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Agreed I doubt this guy is guaranteed a roster spot, much less a starting job.  

Yeah, He's been brought in to see if he can earn a roster spot or not. 

I think Ballard took my comment of re-vamping the LBer Corp alittle too serious haha

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Finball said:

I don't think this signing should/will have any impact on Colts draft plans.

agreed.  I'd still be all for Reddick in the first if he's there.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

It just keeps becoming more and more reasonable to take a RB in the first. Not saying it would be better than getting a CB like Conley, but having McCafree or Dalvin Cook doesn't sound bad to me either.  

And this just happened...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

:spit:            

One of the funniest lines written on this website in the 5-years that I've been a member!

BRAVO!!         That's going to be hard to beat for Post of the Day!

:colts:

Haha, thanks! I'm just glad it was as funny in print as it did in my head. That's not always the case LOL.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Finball said:

I don't think this signing should/will have any impact on Colts draft plans.

Totally agree. Boston has already been traded twice. Once for a 6th and then for a 7th.That should tell us something about his perceived value ?

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Ballard has been really timid. Whens he gonna open up the check book and sign some people?

Not this year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColtsArmy84 said:

I think we can take ILB out of the 1st round equation now. EDGE, CB or RB it is

You can't be serious 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ColtsArmy84 said:

I think we can take ILB out of the 1st round equation now. EDGE, CB or RB it is

I still would love Haason Reddick If Ballard can't trade down. Or Jarrod Davis round 2. 

Pagano loves players from florida universities or the state of florida.  Another florida addition to the roster.

• Like 1

He had a pretty good athletic testing

C94bhtGXkAAGAFU.jpg

That was before his injury. I don't know if it has taken something away from his athleticism.

50 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Ballard has been really timid. Whens he gonna open up the check book and sign some people?

Seriously?  Wasn't that the main issue with Grigson? I know he obviously overpaid older, out-of-prime players, but come on, the guy is doing an exceptional job. Remember his main philosophy for the team: he wants to build it through the draft. 

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Seriously?  Wasn't that the main issue with Grigson? I know he obviously overpaid older, out-of-prime players, but come on, the guy is doing an exceptional job. Remember his main philosophy for the team: he wants to build it through the draft. 

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Bostic is more than a camp body but will most likely be a depth player that could shine if he can stay healthy 

13 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

He signed with LA last week

Last month... That's why I said "anymore." 

• Like 1

I liked him when he played for the Bears, but he really fell off.  

Hit hits hard when he makes contact.  

Not sure where he'll fit with the Colts though.

Just now, Superman said:

Last month... That's why I said "anymore." 

my bad, I saw his name and then "anymore" so I thought someone was refuting you.

GOT IT

• Like 1

One thing about signing all these "competition" type of players for "competition" is that it should improve our special teams coverage unit this upcoming season.  We have a shot to be pretty good there if this continues. 

• Like 2

I like the fact we are signing players, but honestly this guy is nothing special.  I don't see how it changes anything come draft day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

Bostic almost killed Teddy Bridgewater in college

Whoa 21. You weren't kidding man. That's quite the love tap in the 2013 Sugar Bowl. 

Wow, props to Teddy for getting up. Buckle your chinstrap there Bridgewater. LOL! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

All I know is I have a few friends who are Bears fans that say Bostic is awful.

Yes. He was a big part of that horrendous run D a few years ago. I never saw anything that stood out in him, personally, on the field. Belichick signed him, and probably didn't use him much either, if I remember right. Special teams at best, keep him away from the 1st and 2nd string rotation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Seems similar to Morrison. lol

He is. Bostic is more athletic...but has had injuries. I hope both of them do not see many snaps, outside of STs.

3 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

They probably should to be honest.

Unless they start singing some corners they pretty much have to.

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yes. He was a big part of that horrendous run D a few years ago. I never saw anything that stood out in him, personally, on the field. Belichick signed him, and probably didn't use him much either, if I remember right. Special teams at best, keep him away from the 1st and 2nd string rotation.

Belichick actually traded a 4th for him, but you are right he did not play much and they ended up trading him to the Lions where he got hurt and released. It's low risk but we shouldn't be expecting anything big and we this shouldn't affect draft plans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Pagano loves players from florida universities or the state of florida.  Another florida addition to the roster.

Haha...I thought I was the only who noticed this. I have wondered about this trend for a couple of years now...and it's definitely Pagano. The connection to the U is obvious...but beyond those players, you have several more players who played college ball in Florida (Smith, Geathers, Bostic, Morrison). I think there's something to it.

Honestly, I wouldn't care...but the track record of these players is poor overall. 

I like adding an ILB but that doesn't mean we aren't taking a Mike.  That's still a big need. If we miss on Davis my favorite. I see a guy who's being overlooked. 

Ben Gedeon of Michigan. The rap on him was he couldn't play in space and lacked athletic ability to play 3 downs. He showed he could play in space at the Senior Bowl.

The combine he proved to be a much better athlete than advertised. He was right with Cunningham on the SPARQ 123.3 to  123.4. The 40 hurt him but 4.19 short shuttle 6.98 3 cone He was tops in the bench press and 

• Like 1