Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Jon Bostic

Everyone

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

This doesn't keep the team from drafting ILB.   He hasn't lived up to his pre draft hype.  He has been traded twice in his short career.   He is here to compete.  

No it doesn't but maybe not the first pick now.  Maybe R. McMillan in a later round.   I wish he would also sign Pasztor.  That's just me though.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

:spit:            

One of the funniest lines written on this website in the 5-years that I've been a member!

BRAVO!!         That's going to be hard to beat for Post of the Day!

:colts:

Haha, thanks! I'm just glad it was as funny in print as it did in my head. That's not always the case LOL.

19 minutes ago, Finball said:

I don't think this signing should/will have any impact on Colts draft plans.

Totally agree. Boston has already been traded twice. Once for a 6th and then for a 7th.That should tell us something about his perceived value ?

50 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Ballard has been really timid. Whens he gonna open up the check book and sign some people?

Seriously?  Wasn't that the main issue with Grigson? I know he obviously overpaid older, out-of-prime players, but come on, the guy is doing an exceptional job. Remember his main philosophy for the team: he wants to build it through the draft. 

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Seriously?  Wasn't that the main issue with Grigson? I know he obviously overpaid older, out-of-prime players, but come on, the guy is doing an exceptional job. Remember his main philosophy for the team: he wants to build it through the draft. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

Bostic almost killed Teddy Bridgewater in college

Whoa 21. You weren't kidding man. That's quite the love tap in the 2013 Sugar Bowl. 

Wow, props to Teddy for getting up. Buckle your chinstrap there Bridgewater. LOL! 

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

All I know is I have a few friends who are Bears fans that say Bostic is awful.

Yes. He was a big part of that horrendous run D a few years ago. I never saw anything that stood out in him, personally, on the field. Belichick signed him, and probably didn't use him much either, if I remember right. Special teams at best, keep him away from the 1st and 2nd string rotation.

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yes. He was a big part of that horrendous run D a few years ago. I never saw anything that stood out in him, personally, on the field. Belichick signed him, and probably didn't use him much either, if I remember right. Special teams at best, keep him away from the 1st and 2nd string rotation.

Belichick actually traded a 4th for him, but you are right he did not play much and they ended up trading him to the Lions where he got hurt and released. It's low risk but we shouldn't be expecting anything big and we this shouldn't affect draft plans.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Pagano loves players from florida universities or the state of florida.  Another florida addition to the roster.

Haha...I thought I was the only who noticed this. I have wondered about this trend for a couple of years now...and it's definitely Pagano. The connection to the U is obvious...but beyond those players, you have several more players who played college ball in Florida (Smith, Geathers, Bostic, Morrison). I think there's something to it.

Honestly, I wouldn't care...but the track record of these players is poor overall. 

I like adding an ILB but that doesn't mean we aren't taking a Mike.  That's still a big need. If we miss on Davis my favorite. I see a guy who's being overlooked. 

Ben Gedeon of Michigan. The rap on him was he couldn't play in space and lacked athletic ability to play 3 downs. He showed he could play in space at the Senior Bowl.

The combine he proved to be a much better athlete than advertised. He was right with Cunningham on the SPARQ 123.3 to  123.4. The 40 hurt him but 4.19 short shuttle 6.98 3 cone He was tops in the bench press and