Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Was Peyton At The Super Bowl?

KyFan18

I know for a fact Manning was in the Convention Center, as I saw him around 1:00pm, while I was waiting in a 4 hour line to get my credentials. He was with Archie at the time.

So my guess he was there, but I am sure he knows all the hiding spots!!!! haha

oh WISH TV said they talked to Cooper and he said that Peyton was a little worried about jixing Eli by coming tonight and he did not go. I think Peyton just didn't want to over shadow Eli in any shape or form tonight. Credit to Peyton for litting Eli have his moment today rather he was at the game or not.

He did not go on the field afterwards..either and I dont believe he was in the locker room..

I dont think he wanted the TV cameras shooting him after every pass..

there's probably a lot of places at the stadium where they can hide him...

Eli and Peyton probably had there moment together when Eli headed off the field after the trophy presentation and before he did all the tv interviews. At one point on NFL Network it showed Eli leaving the field and there was a lot of security around Peyton could have been around down there hiding from the cameras.

I think there is some confusion on if he was there or not given that Cooper said he was NOT at the game.....and his mom said that he WAS there in a Gatorade suite.

He may well have been there or hung out at the stadium and then went someplace else to watch the game.

Either way -- this game wasn't (and never should have been) about Peyton or Irsay. It was Eli's chance to shine again and for at least a few hours during the game we weren't subjected to stories about the Manning / Irsay drama.

Pretty sure that Peyton's ' flying under the radar " was a calculated move . It's well documented now that he was @ the stadium & spoke w/ Eli . I'm sure that he knew that anytime the cameras would be trained on him ; we'd get the obligatory " what's Peyton's future " commentary . He didn't wish to steal any of Eli's spotlight .

Eli just confirmed that he was there and said he was popping from suite to suite so the cameras couldn't catch up with him. Said that Peyton told him that too many people are talking about Manningham's catch when Peyton wants to focus on what a good throw it was too.

With Peyton looking on, Eli led the New York Giants to a 21-17 victory over the New England Patriots

After the game, the Manning’s convened in Eli’s room at the downtown Marriott, the Giants’ headquarters.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120206/SPORTS0701/120206035/Peyton-Manning-says-he-couldn-t-prouder-younger-brother-Eli?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|IndyStar.com|p

Eli just confirmed that he was there and said he was popping from suite to suite so the cameras couldn't catch up with him. Said that Peyton told him that too many people are talking about Manningham's catch when Peyton wants to focus on what a good throw it was too.

I heard a New York writer say on the radio today that if Tyree's play is known as the catch last night's should be called the pass. It was a pretty sweet pass from Eli, no QB could have made a better throw there. Eli made a lot of just super nice passes last night throwing them in the only window he had. I always thought Eli was great but I don't know how someone could keep him out of the converstation as one of the best QBs in the NFL after this season. He had a game that was a fitting end to his season. The only way it could have been more fitting would have been if he threw the last TD rather than Bradshaw running it in.