Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Was Peyton At The Super Bowl?

KyFan18

oh WISH TV said they talked to Cooper and he said that Peyton was a little worried about jixing Eli by coming tonight and he did not go. I think Peyton just didn't want to over shadow Eli in any shape or form tonight. Credit to Peyton for litting Eli have his moment today rather he was at the game or not.

He was at the stadium, but he was in the weight room rehabbing.

Seriously, though, I cannot fathom the Super Bowl being his Indy, his brother playing in the game, and he doesn't go to the game? Talk about superstition. He better be throwing one heck of a victory party at his place tonight!

Seriously, though, I cannot fathom the Super Bowl being his Indy, his brother playing in the game, and he doesn't go to the game? Talk about superstition. He better be throwing one heck of a victory party at his place tonight!

He isn't superstitious....maybe just a little stitious.

The guy I was watching the game with at one point joke that Eli said to this teammates "Hey if we win my brother said party at his house!"

oh WISH TV said they talked to Cooper and he said that Peyton was a little worried about jixing Eli by coming tonight and he did not go. I think Peyton just didn't want to over shadow Eli in any shape or form tonight. Credit to Peyton for litting Eli have his moment today rather he was at the game or not.

Well Archie I thought said he was in a suite so who knows. I would think he would have been somewhere. Just staying out of sight for sure.

Well Archie I thought said he was in a suite so who knows. I would think he would have been somewhere. Just staying out of sight for sure.

I know in his post game presser Eli said he hadn't talked to Peyton yet but he had talked to his dad and Cooper. With that said that doesn't mean Peyton wasn't there. Peyton might have stayed in the suite or just gone to the lockerroom to avoid the media and let Eli have his moment.

I know in his post game presser Eli said he hadn't talked to Peyton yet but he had talked to his dad and Cooper. With that said that doesn't mean Peyton wasn't there. Peyton might have stayed in the suite or just gone to the lockerroom to avoid the media and let Eli have his moment.

If I was in his shoes that's what I would have done but if I was a betting person I bet he was at the game. I don't think he would have stayed away just out of sight.

Eli gets uncomfortable with any questions comparing him to Peyton, but I don't think he cares about spotlight.

Saw an interview with Archie where he said he hadn't seen Peyton yet after the game, but it sounded like he meant he was in the building somewhere. Last time around, Peyton watched in a separate booth from the rest of the family and was caught on camera but Archie wasn't.

Peyton surprised Eli at the San Fran game.

Eli gets uncomfortable with any questions comparing him to Peyton, but I don't think he cares about spotlight.

Saw an interview with Archie where he said he hadn't seen Peyton yet after the game, but it sounded like he meant he was in the building somewhere. Last time around, Peyton watched in a separate booth from the rest of the family and was caught on camera but Archie wasn't.

Peyton surprised Eli at the San Fran game.

Irsay will tweet at 1:00 AM and tell us there will be a statement released tomorrow to tell us where Peyton was during the game. Personally I think he drew the short straw and had to make the beer run.

I feel bad for Eli and I'm sure Peyton is upset, too. As he was being announced MVP he was being asked about Peyton. Come on, let the guy have one night.

The highlights Irvin said "Look at that pass by Peyton" when Eli threw for the TD in the first quarter. :sigh:

They just can't let the kid have his moment.

I know Eli is Peyton's brother and that Peyton is genuinely happy for him. But knowing the kind of competitor Peyton is deep down this has got to be eating at him just a little bit. He's second fiddle in the family to Eli now in terms of championships won. If healthy, Peyton's got probably a 3 year window to do some work. I think Eli winning it in Peyton's backyard will help to motivate Peyton that much more. Last time Peyton won it all...Eli followed him up. Now let's see if Peyton can follow up Eli.

I know Eli is Peyton's brother and that Peyton is genuinely happy for him. But knowing the kind of competitor Peyton is deep down this has got to be eating at him just a little bit. He's second fiddle in the family to Eli now in terms of championships won. If healthy, Peyton's got probably a 3 year window to do some work. I think Eli winning it in Peyton's backyard will help to motivate Peyton that much more. Last time Peyton won it all...Eli followed him up. Now let's see if Peyton can follow up Eli.

I heard someone on the radio a couple of weeks ago say that he felt like if Eli won it was going to help drive Peyton to come back. Not that he wouldn't be thrilled for Eli but just the natural brother rivalary thing. If anyone watched the Super Bowl pregame show they did a story on when Eli first dunked on Peyton when they were playing basketball and Eli said Peyton didn't talk to him for the rest of the day and the next day. So I think there is something to be said for this will drive Peyton to try to come back. With that said I also agree with what Oliva said on channel 13 tonight no one was happier for Eli tonight than Peyton was.

After seeing Eli win 2 rings I cannot stop thinking: Has Peyton been surrounded by such a group of talents of the Giants ever? The young and talented WRs, a solid D. Peyton's team have almost always let him down by this or that way. The year they did just fine, they won the SB.

After seeing Eli win 2 rings I cannot stop thinking: Has Peyton been surrounded by such a group of talents of the Giants ever? The young and talented WRs, a solid D. Peyton's team have almost always let him down by this or that way. The year they did just fine, they won the SB.

2003-2007 were some pretty loaded Colts teams. Two of those years we just ran into a better team on the road in New England. In 2005 we feel flat on our face because of rest and Dungy's Son (I have no way of knowing how much that impacted us but I am sure it did when you listen to the players on that team talk about it.) and then 2006 we were a team on a mission and put it all together. 2007 was a very good team that got the worst possiable match up they could get in the Chargers. I think had we gotten another shot at New England that year we would have beaten them but that's coulda,woulda, shoulda. Also the 2009 team was pretty special team that just had an off night on the worst possiable night.

We have always had talented receivers, but in the playoffs they seem to take the back seat on the aggressive part to the opposing Dbs. It seemed Marvin didn't go 100% out in the playoffs.

We have always had talented receivers, but in the playoffs they seem to take the back seat on the aggressive part to the opposing Dbs. It seemed Marvin didn't go 100% out in the playoffs.

You know I rewatched the Bears Super Bowl last night (it's my tradation to rewatch that night before our Super Bowl) and Marvin had a better night than I think most gave him credit for. He only had 5 catches that night but they were big catches. They seemed to come on third down or at times where the Colts just really needed a catch. I know he only really had the Denver games and KC game in 2003 where he was just lights out in a playoff game but frankly how many playoff games did we have where the offense just clicked? Maybe he was the issue I don't know but it seemed like he had a few moments like the Bears game in the playoffs where we needed him he did something like the two point catch vs. the New England in the AFCCG, that's one of the best catches I've ever seen him make or when he ran down Ty Law to save a TD on an INT vs. KC in 2006 that ended up being a missed field goal.

I don't know if I would say Marvin didn't go 100% all out I just think he was the guy teams tried to take away from us first because he was Peyton's security blanket when he was in trouble he'd always go to Marvin so I think teams felt like you migt beat us but you aren't going to use Marvin Harrison to do it.

You know I rewatched the Bears Super Bowl last night (it's my tradation to rewatch that night before our Super Bowl) and Marvin had a better night than I think most gave him credit for. He only had 5 catches that night but they were big catches. They seemed to come on third down or at times where the Colts just really needed a catch. I know he only really had the Denver games and KC game in 2003 where he was just lights out in a playoff game but frankly how many playoff games did we have where the offense just clicked? Maybe he was the issue I don't know but it seemed like he had a few moments like the Bears game in the playoffs where we needed him he did something like the two point catch vs. the New England in the AFCCG, that's one of the best catches I've ever seen him make or when he ran down Ty Law to save a TD on an INT vs. KC in 2006 that ended up being a missed field goal.

I don't know if I would say Marvin didn't go 100% all out I just think he was the guy teams tried to take away from us first because he was Peyton's security blanket when he was in trouble he'd always go to Marvin so I think teams felt like you migt beat us but you aren't going to use Marvin Harrison to do it.

There are a few throws I think he could have been more aggressive to prevent interceptions, but that is about it.

Where do you have the Super Bowl? I have been trying to find the full game for forever. I want to watch it again.

There are a few throws I think he could have been more aggressive to prevent interceptions, but that is about it.

Where do you have the Super Bowl? I have been trying to find the full game for forever. I want to watch it again.

You can get a DVD of the full run it's called the road to super bowl 41 or something. Type colts DVD into amazon and it will probably come up. I am thinking about getting the two giants ones too so I can relive the pats failing!

Oh when I say run I mean playoff run.

You can get a DVD of the full run it's called the road to super bowl 41 or something. Type colts DVD into amazon and it will probably come up. I am thinking about getting the two giants ones too so I can relive the pats failing!

Oh when I say run I mean playoff run.

It has the games in full?

Listen guys, if it bothered Eli to be overshadowed by peyton, he would've crumbed by the age of 10. Don't worry about Eli. You're talking about a guy who had to be dragged (more like thrown) to the front of the float by Strahan for the last ticker tape parade. He doesn't care about the spotlight.

THIS^^^^.. Eli doesn't care....He simply is okay about being Peyton's Lil brother. That is a fact right..he is Peyton's lil brother. Eli, I felt, has always known his place and just in football.

Look at him, he could have gone all crazy after the win...but he is still all business....as if...yeah we won..AND????

a very interesting article that contrasts the way Colts & Giants drafted around a Manning

Disregard this title

The First Of The Inevitable Eli And Peyton Manning Comparisons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read the article its not a QB comparison but a drafting philospy thats totally different and set up 2 different teams

These are the last 3 paragraphs,

Its also written by a Colt fan posting to the stampede blue site

The Polian strategy results in a great offense but only an above average defense. The Accorsi/Reese strategy results in an above average offense but a great defense. Also, one should point out that the Accorsi/Reese model resulted in more salary cap flexibility, allowing the Giants to go after big salary free agents like Antrel Rolle ($37 million contract in 2010), Chris Canty ($42 million contract) and Plaxico Burress. Meanwhile, the Colts only signed one such free agent - Corey Simon - and it didn't end well.

As far as coaching: a wash. Tony Dungy caught a lot of grief, but YOU try to win a Super Bowl with a defenseBob Sanders is your best run defender (because your RDT is 270 lbs, your LDT is washed up, and your MLBs are nonfactors) and after him your second best DB is a 32 year old guy from the CFL. Give Dungy the Giants defense (either 2008 or 2011) and see what happens. As far as Caldwell goes: his one year with a healthy team, they were a ton of special teams breakdowns away from beating the Colts. And that is ANOTHER difference between Polian and Accorsi/Reese. The Giants had an EXCELLENT punting, kicking and coverage units that in the playoffs. Special teams set up 10 points for the Giants in the NFC title game, and 9 points against thePatriots in the Super Bowl. Meanwhile, with the exception of Adam Vinatieri, the Colts had none of those.

Bottom line: the Colts have (or had) a better QB. The Giants had the better organization and philosophy.

Great organization/philosophy with (very) good QB beats great QB and suspect organization. Which is why Jerry Reese still has his job, and the Polians do not.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/2/6/2774301/the-first-of-the-inevi...

May I add that one reason of Giants success is they didnt get to playoffs all those years in a row so got some great early draft D picks, like last year wasnt Peierre Paul # 13

Thats why I say keep Manning & trade that 1st pick for a host of picks,by taking a QB # 1 and keeping Peyton saimply upgrades backup for current team, not letting us really build help for Peyton and setting him up to fail as we lose Vets to free agency, its better to get QB later and maybe a top 1 next year with all the extra picks as we build an all around team for a QB