Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TexansTalk - Full Mock Draft Colts Results

Hello,

Texan fan here.  We run a mock draft every year with posters being GM's for each of the 32 teams.  I had the pleasure of being the Colts this year, here is what I got for the team.

1st  Takkarist McKinley UNC Edge

2nd  Charles Harris   Mizzou Edge

3rd  Alvin Kamara  Tenn RB

4th  Tedric Thompson  Colorado S

4th Blair Brown Ohio ILB

4th Damontae Kazzee San Diego State, CB

5th Tanzel Smart Tulane DT

First and foremost I wanted to supply a sorely needed pass rush, grabbing Mckinley and Harris.  Next add more weapons on offense with a 3 down back with explosiveness in Kamara.  After that I looked to add defensive players at each level.  Thompson and Kazee will add good depth and should be able to contribute right away in the secondary.  Brown add a much needed young ILB, Smart gives some DL depth.   One thing that jumps out at me is the 3 4th rounders will give the Colts a chance to build quicker through the draft.

First off, you did a very good job with the draft.

But I find it very interesting how entire forums differ on player value based on their own teams needs. With the Texans relatively stable at RB and OLB, Karama falls to the 3rd round and Harris falls to the mid 2nd. On our own forums mock draft (still in progress), Harris is a late 1st round pick, and Kamara is a mid 2nd. Not sure if you guys are under estimating or we are over estimating (I would guess a bit of both probably). Might have to jump over and take a look at your entire draft and see if there are other positions that we undervalue/you overvalue. 

Thanks,

Here it is, seems to me the DB's really flew off the boards.  That is why I was able to snatch Harris in the 2nd.  I definitely thought the Colts had to add as much pass rush as possible.  I wanted Barnett with the first pick but he went one pick before to Philly.  You have a point there, I think if your team needs X, you will have a much more intimate knowledge of it versus a team that doesn't.  For instance in our draft the top 3 tackles were gone before 25.

http://www.texanstalk.com/threads/2017-texans-talk-mock-draft-results.111880/

34 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Pretty solid man, we definitely going to be coming for you guys for that AFC South. Nothing will be easy for either team. Best of Luck this year

Yeh, I hope they get the best of Luck. Andrew, that is.

2 hours ago, jradMT said:

Hello,

Texan fan here.  We run a mock draft every year with posters being GM's for each of the 32 teams.  I had the pleasure of being the Colts this year, here is what I got for the team.

4th Blair Brown Ohio ILB

First and foremost I wanted to supply a sorely needed pass rush, grabbing Mckinley and Harris.  Next add more weapons on offense with a 3 down back with explosiveness in Kamara.  After that I looked to add defensive players at each level.  Thompson and Kazee will add good depth and should be able to contribute right away in the secondary.  Brown add a much needed young ILB, Smart gives some DL depth.   One thing that jumps out at me is the 3 4th rounders will give the Colts a chance to build quicker through the draft.

I like the mock draft though. Doubling down on edge rushers with the first two picks. Would maybe like a corner earlier but can live with it to get guys those two guys on the edge. If Kamara fell to the third it would be great. He is electric and would be deadly in our offense.

Thanks for sharing.

16 minutes ago, jradMT said:

Thanks,

Here it is, seems to me the DB's really flew off the boards.  That is why I was able to snatch Harris in the 2nd.  I definitely thought the Colts had to add as much pass rush as possible.  I wanted Barnett with the first pick but he went one pick before to Philly.  You have a point there, I think if your team needs X, you will have a much more intimate knowledge of it versus a team that doesn't.  For instance in our draft the top 3 tackles were gone before 25.

Personally, I prefer McKinley to Barnett in our 3-4. Shoulder notwithstanding. Takk has fantastic length and great measurables. He doesn't have the bend or refined hands of Barnett though.

1 hour ago, jradMT said:

Thanks,

A tackle in the top 10 even!!! Thats totally unheard of over here!! I made the first OL pick of our draft for the Ravens at #16, and it was OG Forrest Lamp. First Tackle doesnt go off the board til #20 AND its the 3rd OT taken in your draft. 

1 hour ago, backshoulderfade said:

I like the mock draft though. Doubling down on edge rushers with the first two picks. Would maybe like a corner earlier but can live with it to get guys those two guys on the edge. If Kamara fell to the third it would be great. He is electric and would be deadly in our offense.

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah I was surprise Harris was on the board, a lot of the corners I liked were gone and it seemed that Harris was to good to pass up. Harris seems to be building momentum going through the process, I guess the knock on him is height but that never stopped Freeney.

5 hours ago, jradMT said:

Hello,

4th Blair Brown Ohio ILB

Short of another cornerback that we desperately need,  I think you did a tremendous job!

If Indy comes away with that haul after the draft,  and think the vast majority of fans here will be thrilled!

Many thanks for stopping by.     Feel free to stop by with info like that anytime!

Heckuva job!

5 hours ago, backshoulderfade said:

Thanks for sharing.

Hahaha I'm glad you got it

21 hours ago, jradMT said:

Hello,

4th Blair Brown Ohio ILB

I'm not as high as Takk McKinley as some others are, I think he's more of a 2nd round pick, end of 1st at best.  If we do take Takk with our first pick, I sincerely hope we at least trade down a time, maybe two and pick up some extra currency in the 2nd, 3rd and/or 4th round.

The rest of these picks though are pretty good values with the exception of Tedric Thompson (not because he's a reach, I just don't know much about him so I can't say with certainty).