Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft player interest list

Want to guage a teams interest in a player(s)? See who they had visits with.  The interview can help a team further determine placement on the big board.  So this list does not determine how the meetings went, just who got them.  That is still decent info, though.

Side note- I do not see Lamp on the list...

*** more than 1 visit

Extra bolded - private workout

Indy visit list-

• Keion Adams, DE, Western Michigan (PRI)
• Kofi Amichia, G, South Florida (PRI)
• Eli Ankou, DT, UCLA (WOR)
• Tarell Basham, DE, Ohio (COM)
• Garett Bolles, OT, Utah (WOR)
• Tyus Bowser, OLB, Houston (WOR)
• Dylan Cole, OLB, Missouri State (PRI)
• Dion Dawkins, G/OT, Temple (PRI)
• Gerald Everett, TE, South Alabama (COM)
• Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama (PRI)
• Ryan Glasgow, DT, Michigan (PRO)
• Davon Godchaux, DT/3-4DE, LSU (COM)
• Shaquil Griffin, CB, UCF (PRI)
• Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo (SR)
• Lorenzo Jerome, S, St Francis (PA) (SR)
• John Johnson, S, Boston College (SR)
• Aaron Jones, RB, Texas-El Paso (COM)
• Marlon Mack, RB, South Florida (STM)
• Marcus Maye, S, Florida (COM)
• Malik McDowell, DT/3-4DE, Michigan State (PRI)
• Taylor McNamara, TE, USC (EW)
• Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut (SR)
• Dayon Pratt, OLB, East Carolina (PRO)
• Jalen Robinette, WR, Air Force (EW)
• Brad Seaton^, OT, Villanova (PRO, WOR) ***
• Noel Thomas, WR, Connecticut (PRO)
• Jon Toth, C, Kentucky (LOC)
• Darrell Williams, OT, Western Kentucky (PRO)
• Tim Williams, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Alabama (WOR)
• Brandon Wilson, CB, Houston (WOR)
• Eric Wilson^, ILB, Cincinnati (PRO, PRI, WOR) ***
• Mason Zandi, OT, South Carolina (PRO)

Notations-

SR – Senior Bowl meeting.
EW – East-West Shrine meeting.
COM – Combine meeting.
INT – Interested.
VINT – Very Interested.
PRO – Pro Day or campus meeting/workout.
LOC – Local visit. Prospect making a local visit.
PRI – Private visit. Prospect making an official 30 visit.
WOR – Private Workout. Members of an organization working out a player in private.
STM – Some Type of Meeting.
% – indicates more than one meeting at an event.
^ – has met with team at more than one event.
# – indicates meeting set up outside of the 2017 Senior Bowl or the 2017 East-West Shrine Game

10 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Where is Gareon Conley, Tredavious White, Hasson Reddick, Forest Lamp, Humphrey? Why haven't we had any of these guys in? And what's up with Bolles? We have a great guy in Clark. Tackle is so far from a need. 

We are not drafting for need. That's why. If they consider him a can't miss tackle prospect, they might draft him.

1 minute ago, Majin Vegeta said:

BPA and need are a marriage. And that's a dumb reason also, because every guy I named has value at #15

My comment was concerning specifically Bolles and had nothing to do with the other names you listed. I would have liked to see us show interest in them too. Just keep in mind that those are just the players we know about. This is not an exhaustive list. Maybe the Colts met/worked out those players too, but it didn't get leaked in the media.

1 minute ago, Majin Vegeta said:

BPA and need are a marriage. And that's a dumb reason also, because every guy I named has value at #15

well In your opinion.

Lamp at #18 is on Chris Landry's list. as is White at #24, and Humphrey at #26

Reddick is #36 and Conley #43

What is considered value at #15?

14 minutes ago, stitches said:

My comment was concerning specifically Bolles and had nothing to do with the other names you listed. I would have liked to see us show interest in them too. Just keep in mind that those are just the players we know about. This is not an exhaustive list. Maybe the Colts met/worked out those players too, but it didn't get leaked in the media.

That's the only thing I can think of. But still, just a little  crazy to me that none of them are mentioned. 

20 minutes ago, stitches said:

We are not drafting for need. That's why. If they consider him a can't miss tackle prospect, they might draft him.

I would also be pretty disappointed if Boles was the Colts 1st round pick. Boles will be an older rookie at 25, and Clark has shown definite upside at RT, not to mention that Ballard has said that he likes what he's seen from Clark and Haeg.

9 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Can Bolles plug in at RG? I haven't really studied him at all. 

He's a prototypical LT actually. He lacks elite strength for RT and G IMO. BTW you should take a look at his tape. He's my favorite prospect in this year's class.(Not best, but most fun to watch). He has nasty. Ton of it. Watch the UCLA game, he has some reps vs Takk and handles him easily for the most part... also the way he pulls is a beauty to behold:

1 hour ago, stitches said:

He's a prototypical LT actually. He lacks elite strength for RT and G IMO. BTW you should take a look at his tape. He's my favorite prospect in this year's class.(Not best, but most fun to watch). He has nasty. Ton of it. Watch the UCLA game, he has some reps vs Takk and handles him easily for the most part... also the way he pulls is a beauty to behold:

Impressive is all I can say! Plays past the whistle.

2 hours ago, stitches said:

This is not an exhaustive list.

Maybe, maybe not. But...

Maybe the Colts met/worked out those players too, but it didn't get leaked in the media.

2 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

That's the only thing I can think of. But still, just a little  crazy to me that none of them are mentioned. 

... my source is definitely not the media. And they definitely do their homework.  They did this for all 32 teams...

2 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

They're all opinions. 

Cant wait to see Gareon go 43 btw lmao  

Some people have skills and get paid for those opinions. And, this is ranking players by overall grade.  Not draft position.  Besides.  Teams will reach at times, notably for QB's.  There are 0, none, nada, zilch QB's worthy of a round 1 pick in 2017.  But I'll bet three, and very possibly 4 go in round 1. So just becasue he has a round 2 grade, doesn't mean he will last until round 2.  Here's a scouting report on him ( and I fat fingered his rank, it is #42)-

42. CB–GAREON CONLEY–OHIO STATE
Two-year starter who earned Second Team All-Big Ten honors in 2016 after posting 26 tackles, four interceptions and eight pass breakups. Honorable Mention All-Big Ten as a junior after making 49 tackles with two interceptions and four PBUs.
Developing cornerback with next level ball skills. Strong, fluid transitioning with opponents downfield and does a terrific job timing and anticipating pass defenses. Tracks the ball in the air, has a nice move to the throw and consistently around the play knocking away the ball. Stands out in man coverage and gives effort defending the run.
Seems to struggle in zone and does not do a good job recognizing routes. Occasionally slow getting his head back around when his back is to the ball.
Conley pulled together two terrific seasons at Ohio State and offers the athletic ability and ball skills to line up in man coverage on Sunday. He’s not as good as Marshon Lattimore), but he he measures over 6-foot and runs well. Press-corner with experience at both cornerback spots and an ability to fit into a variety of coverage techniques. He plays with good top-end speed and has the ball skills to challenge and defend passes on any level. He can step in right away in zone coverage, but could struggle to match patterns from a pedal. He will likely be targeted by teams seeking long cornerbacks who can crowd and trail receivers down the field. He has the talent to become an early starter, but he must improve in run support.

It's not unheard of for a team to look for filling a need, and if all round 1 grade players at a position are off the board by their round 1 choice, take the round 2 grade guy at that position in round 1.  Non BPA drafting for need teams sometimes do this.  He has Garrett Bolles ranked #39.  If a team agreed with these grades, then if they choose Conley over Bolles if both are available at their draft pick, then they draft for need and not BPA (assuming there are not better ranked players available better than #39).

Yeah, Lamp projects as a guard though...

51 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Impressive is all I can say! Plays past the whistle.

39. OT/LT/RT–GARRETT BOLLES (JR)–UTAH
More of a traditional mauler despite the fact that he’s athletically gifted and plays the game y tough. He is an LDS Mormon guy that’s kind of recaptured his life. He ran with gangs earlier in his life. He’s pretty good.” Bolles bounced between high schools as a prep, spent time in the JUCO ranks and was only at Utah for one season. He has the most athletic talent of all of the tackles. Really athletic and tough and plays hard but will need to get stronger.
Excellent overall size and displays great playing strength. Demonstrates very good leg drive once engaged and can create push in the run game. Good range as run blocker. Shows a tenacious demeanor in his play. Flashes effective kick step with good, balance and lateral agility.
Bolles ran 4.95 seconds, vertical jumped 28 inches and a broad jump of 115 inches. He did not participate in the bench press at the NFL Scouting Combine due to a slight pectoral strain.
Bolles also has 34-inch arms and 9 3/8-inch hands. The 24-year-old Utah tackle is expected to be one of the top athletes among offensive linemen, if not the top.
He plays tough and mean on the field and will get stronger once he locks into an NFL strength-and-conditioning program.
Reminds a little of Cedric Ogbuehi as he has athletic ability and foot quickness, but lacks core strength and ability to sustain blocks against power across from him is a concern at this time. While he has Pro Bowl potential for a zone-scheme team, his floor will be a little lower than you might like in an early round pick. The 6-foot-6, 300-pounde Bolles will be 25 years old by the opening of fall camp.

4 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yeah, Lamp projects as a guard though...

39. OT/LT/RT–GARRETT BOLLES (JR)–UTAH
More of a traditional mauler despite the fact that he’s athletically gifted and plays the game y tough. He is an LDS Mormon guy that’s kind of recaptured his life. He ran with gangs earlier in his life. He’s pretty good.” Bolles bounced between high schools as a prep, spent time in the JUCO ranks and was only at Utah for one season. He has the most athletic talent of all of the tackles. Really athletic and tough and plays hard but will need to get stronger.
Excellent overall size and displays great playing strength. Demonstrates very good leg drive once engaged and can create push in the run game. Good range as run blocker. Shows a tenacious demeanor in his play. Flashes effective kick step with good, balance and lateral agility.
Bolles ran 4.95 seconds, vertical jumped 28 inches and a broad jump of 115 inches. He did not participate in the bench press at the NFL Scouting Combine due to a slight pectoral strain.
Bolles also has 34-inch arms and 9 3/8-inch hands. The 24-year-old Utah tackle is expected to be one of the top athletes among offensive linemen, if not the top.
He plays tough and mean on the field and will get stronger once he locks into an NFL strength-and-conditioning program.
Reminds a little of Cedric Ogbuehi as he has athletic ability and foot quickness, but lacks core strength and ability to sustain blocks against power across from him is a concern at this time. While he has Pro Bowl potential for a zone-scheme team, his floor will be a little lower than you might like in an early round pick. The 6-foot-6, 300-pounde Bolles will be 25 years old by the opening of fall camp.

What stuck out to me in that is, "needs to get stronger". The technically sound Joe Haeg immediately popped into my head. 

25 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Maybe, maybe not. But...

... my source is definitely not the media. And they definitely do their homework.  They did this for all 32 teams...

Isn't your source the walterfootball visits page?

http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

Those are compiled through whatever is reported in the media AFAIK. Correct me if wrong.

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

Isn't your source the walterfootball visits page?

http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

Those are compiled through whatever is reported in the media AFAIK. Correct me if wrong.

Nope.  it's Landry Football Operations.

http://bit.ly/2o4Wp8T

I hope he has better connections than compiling media reports... and I think he does.  ;-)  But who knows!  Scouting reports are his though...

The only first round pick I see on this list is Reuben Foster and he obviously has some issues that the team may have wanted to see about.

So I'm guessing either they feel confident with the players rated high on the board or they haven't gotten to work them out yet.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

One of these sites are definitely stealing from the other.

Yep. They seem identical. Walterfootball claims

This is a compilation of draft prospect visits sorted by prospect. The data was acquired via Charlie Campbell (@draftcampbell) and other media sources.

3 hours ago, stitches said:

He is one tough SOB.  I can see him moving to guard and adding a few pounds. 

7 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I'm only talking about the 1st round. 

Even in that case as well I'm sure they are well aware of who they like in that round even without a visit.  We had no clue they liked Ryan Kelly last year until about maybe 2 days from the day of the draft.  They kept it under big time wraps. We though they had most of their interest in the ILB. from Bama

8 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Where is Gareon Conley, Tredavious White, Hasson Reddick, Forest Lamp, Humphrey? Why haven't we had any of these guys in? And what's up with Bolles? We have a great guy in Clark. Tackle is so far from a need. 

They meet with a lot of players for various reasons I wouldn't read too much into it. The list is far from complete We met with Wormley at the Senior Bowl I remember reading about it. 

We met with Cook S Thomas  Mama and McMillan at the combine. They aren't on the list. Those are names off the top of my head no unidentified source. 

My guess we met with Foster to get a feel for the combine problem. If he falls. I don't see him being there at 15. 

6 hours ago, krunk said:

The Colts have about 250 to 300 prospects on their board.  I'm sure this little list is not all the people they've spoken with or have knowledge of.   I wouldn't panick in the least bit.

And teams do invite a few players in as a Red Herring; no intention of drafting them. Just distraction for others...