Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Sad Sad Truth

CR91

Roy Hibbert is having a strong season. How about that Jeremy Lin? That dude's a good player! 38 points on the Lakers, that's no joke

Yeah Jeremy Lin is absolutely ridiculous. He played college ball at Harvard and was undrafted, now he's shocking the world. In terms of Big Roy, it's good to see he made the All Star this year, he deserves it and has worked so hard to get better.

Yeah Jeremy Lin is absolutely ridiculous. He played college ball at Harvard and was undrafted, now he's shocking the world. In terms of Big Roy, it's good to see he made the All Star this year, he deserves it and has worked so hard to get better.

I really want to see Steve Nash win a ring. My ideal situation was that he and Dwight Howard would go to the Lakers to form their own big 3 with Kobe.

How about that Jeremy Lin? That dude's a good player! 38 points on the Lakers, that's no joke

Maybe the Knicks might actually win a playoff game this year. Lost a lot of money on them last year.

Once they get Melo and Stoudamire back, they'll be a solid force

Yeah Jeremy Lin is absolutely ridiculous.

I'm a lifelong Knicks fan, but I hated the Anthony trade so much that I haven't been able to follow them since. They took everything that was enjoyable about that team and sent it to Denver, so I started rooting for them instead (six out of ten rotation players last year were former Knicks. The paper there started referring to them as the "Knuggets"). Anthony is just a ball hog. This is not Dwayne Wade or Kobe Bryant - even when he's succeeding he's boring me to tears and frustrating me to the point of anger. And he's just a self-absorbed jerk to boot (don't like his wife either). I'm so angry at the Knicks ownership I want to scream.

HOWEVER, to see this Lin kid pop up out of nowhere, and to see the team winning by actually playing like a TEAM - while Anthony is on the bench - is just delightful. Watching Stoudemire with Lin could be special, but Anthony can stay on the bench forever as far as I'm concerned. Just an incredible story. He looks a bit awkward, and you have to wonder what happens to his game if the jumper stops falling, but he's cool as can be and knows how to play. Maybe that jumper is for real, and he stays the starter. Can you imagine.

i would actually like to see a line up where there both on the court at the same time. like one playing PF the other SF. gartat at center. nash at point and redd SG.

Yeah I wouldnt mind that. Its not like the lineup now is working. haha.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• yeah this concept of not being the year to draft an edge rusher is strange. We shouldn’t be drafting for need at #15. We should be drafting for the best player that we can put on this roster, positional value factored in. I would dispute that this isn’t the year. I think it could very well be. What a better d-line to be on the depth chart on than one with uncertainty at the edge moving forward in contract years. Let a rookie stud go out occasionally and get experience/see what he’s about. We might find a true pass rusher at 15.    what I would argue is it’s not the year to draft one of our “needs” at receiver or corner considering how deep these classes are. Day 2 should be just fine there. 
    • I don't understand this way of thinking.   When you draft a player in the first round, they sign a four year contract, with an option for a fifth year. If the player is as good as you hope, then the intention is likely to sign them to a second contract for another 4-5 years. So if you hope that this player is a foundational piece of your roster for the next decade, then why would you be so absorbed in the player's playing time in Year 1?   Specific to the Colts at DE, we do not have a game changing pass rusher right now. I like Kwity and Dayo, but so far, they aren't foundational pieces. They're both going into contract years, depending on whether the team picks up Kwity's option. And we have Ebukam, who is also good, but not a game changer. There's no reason any of these players can't be challenged for playing time, especially in pass rush situations. Dayo and Lewis play DE, but also rotate at 3T, so that can be worked out. And there are injuries, which will open up playing time.   DE historically has a learning curve, even for good players. Kayvon Thibodeaux was the 5th pick in 2022, he played 14 games as a rookie, 444 pass rush snaps, and had 4 sacks. He played 17 games in 2023, 498 pass rush snaps, 13 sacks.    Ultimately, passing on a high level edge rush prospect because you're not sure he can start in Year 1 seems incredibly shortsighted. 
    • I'll take the Buccaneers as my second team. That is, if I don't win the COLTS lottery!   Where do you keep your Buccaneers? Under my buckin' hat!
  • Members

• stitches

stitches 18,932

• w87r

w87r 13,522

Moderators
    • jvan1973

jvan1973 10,579

• Jason_

Jason_ 2,167

• Superman

Superman 20,306