Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Sad Sad Truth

CR91

Yeah...sad the season is over. But things will be heating up quickly for the Colts with Manning's future and the draft.

Im a Phoenix Suns (from Arizona originally) fan so I dont have much to look forward too in basketball...lol.

Cool to see the Pacers doing good though. Exciting times for you local fans!

I always dip into a melancholy state after the SB. It's like part of my life is on hold. It takes me about 3 weeks of no football before it really sinks in.

yeah me too. Not really into the combines or drafts. Its over. The only good thing about NE losing the SB is at least I got to see 3 more games of the home team and thats a good thing.:)

i think baseball is boring

utterly boring. It was meant to go to the ball park cheap on a sunny afternoon and eat hot dogs:) They tried to bring the dazzling side like football..except its baseball and you cant.

Of course it wouldn't be so boring if the game was 1.5 hours. When my grandad pitched if you weren't ready at the plate and he threw it over...tough luck, strike 1. The game just moved along and there were no relief pitchers. This was back in 1925 btw. Pitched two world series:)

utterly boring. It was meant to go to the ball park cheap on a sunny afternoon and eat hot dogs:) They tried to bring the dazzling side like football..except its baseball and you cant.

Of course it wouldn't be so boring if the game was 1.5 hours. When my grandad pitched if you weren't ready at the plate and he threw it over...tough luck, strike 1. The game just moved along and there were no relief pitchers. This was back in 1925 btw. Pitched two world series:)

wow thats awesome

wow thats awesome

Yeah but he lost both games but the team won and he got them there as the leading pitcher with 17 wins:)

1925 and 1927 world series. "Specs". First ball player to wear glasses. He used to go to the ump and offer his glasses to him lol.

I'm not sad yet. I'm enjoying no new stories about manning/irsay. It's pleasant!

This off season does promise to be far more dramatic than last which was THE WORST OFF SEASON EVER!

The CBA is not happening again so, we've got that going for us.

Sounds like we have something in common my grandfather played professional baseball (pitcher) and played for the Washington Senators. Your right in those days they pitched the whole game I remember my father telling me about his dad's baseball career.

Yeah...sad the season is over. But things will be heating up quickly for the Colts with Manning's future and the draft.

Im a Phoenix Suns (from Arizona originally) fan so I dont have much to look forward too in basketball...lol.

Cool to see the Pacers doing good though. Exciting times for you local fans!

thats the team i was referring to on my post haha

Yeah but he lost both games but the team won and he got them there as the leading pitcher with 17 wins:)

1925 and 1927 world series. "Specs". First ball player to wear glasses. He used to go to the ump and offer his glasses to him lol.

Pittsburg Pirates? Not hard to search for. That's pretty freaking cool if I must say.

But do you really think he would appreciate you calling baseball boring?

Actually baseball is like no other sport. I rarely watch every pitch, because obviously you can't compare it's intensity to football. There's just so much volume over the course of a season - whose got the time? But it's the perfect "backround" sport, and just talking about it makes me think of summer. It's perfect to have on while driving, or on the radio while doing something else. It's just comfortable in every respect - and you can perk up when something exciting happens. But big games are as exiting as any sport, and the fact that there is no clock adds an extra element. When the game "has" to be won, and your team has men on base and is running out of outs, it's as exiting as anything any other sport has to offer.

Sounds like we have something in common my grandfather played professional baseball (pitcher) and played for the Washington Senators. Your right in those days they pitched the whole game I remember my father telling me about his dad's baseball career.

Wow.

His first name wasn't Walter by any chance was it? :P (Sorry, "The Big Train" is probably the only Senators pitcher I know off the top of my head.)

That's pretty neat right there. My grandpa wandered around his farm, drunk, shooting groundhogs with his German Luger. He wasn't as cool as your grandpa.

Wow.

His first name wasn't Walter by any chance was it? :P (Sorry, "The Big Train" is probably the only Senators pitcher I know off the top of my head.)

No his first name was Eli. Hope that helps. Hope I was correct on the team he played but I think it was the Senators. I have a newspaper on it somewhere and if I can find it I will let you know for sure.

Im confused. Murderers Row swept the 27 series, and if im not mistaken, the Pirates won in 25, over Walter Johnson. Two diff. teams.